Old 01-22-2007, 02:27 AM
JPVA lover

Le Parrain is on a distinguished road

California

^ THE WAIT IS OVER!!! ^
Old 03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
The Presence

chrelion is on a distinguished road

Chrelion was the name of an age in a series of epic novels I planned on writing. But then laziness took me over and the plot never fleshed out. And the idea was too high-minded. But I liked the sound of Chrelion and . . . it's almost universally not used by anyone else.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:06 AM

Hubba44 is on a distinguished road

Hubba was my father's High School nickname and 44 is my favorite poker hand.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:19 PM
¿What color is my soul?

DesertFox is on a distinguished road

Desertfox was the nickname they gave Edwin Rommel, a famous nazi general in wold war II. They called him like that cause he was cunning and smart as a fox, and he commanded the Afrikacorps, panzer (tiger) tanks...ask General Patton for more details

By the way, my grandpa admired the general (he was no nazi though) he was mexican and we fought with the allies in WWII, but he admired his intelligence and tricks. Hence my two names "German Romel"...no joke, thats my name.

Accused of being part of the plot to assasinate Hitler.
P.S.- Thanks for making a difference
Old 03-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

I am a boy from Canada

thus Canadian boy
Old 03-15-2007, 12:17 AM

MiamMiam is on a distinguished road

MiamMiam because it comes from Alizée's outfit from her Gourmandises performances, the 2003 performance is my favorite performance of hers
Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Whatever forum I'm on, I always try to pick a name that's appropriate for it. On a philosophy forum I occasionally visit, I'm "Navigator," because I see myself there as finding direction or steering a course. On another, now defunct, political discussion board I was "Fiat Lux" (Latin for "let there be light"), because I saw that as my function there.

The biggest single thing drawing me to Our Absent Lady is the depths I see in her. This is the first fan site of any kind I've ever participated in. It's just not something I do: entertainers are fun, but not usually profound, and fans always strike me as a bit silly in their dedication to something that's, well, honestly a little shallow in most cases.

But Alizee is different. Not Alizee (side note -- someone more in the know than I, how DO you put in that accent on the first e?) the performer, but Alizee the person. These are not shallows. These are deep waters. That's the aspect I want to speak to, and so that's the name I choose.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:09 AM

Zarose is on a distinguished road

First I would like to point out that my name is pronounced ZAR-ose. It's mostly just a name I came up with and use as my alter ego. Also the name of a char in a story i'm sort of writing. It's sort of become my nickname too. Though most of my friends shorten it to Zar. Which always reminds me of a Russian Tsar or ruler. I find this also funny beacuse my real man means "Ruler of Men" in Old english. Now you can go do the work to find out my real name -_^
Old 03-15-2007, 03:30 AM
The Presence

chrelion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Whatever forum I'm on, I always try to pick a name that's appropriate for it. On a philosophy forum I occasionally visit, I'm "Navigator," because I see myself there as finding direction or steering a course. On another, now defunct, political discussion board I was "Fiat Lux" (Latin for "let there be light"), because I saw that as my function there.

The biggest single thing drawing me to Our Absent Lady is the depths I see in her. This is the first fan site of any kind I've ever participated in. It's just not something I do: entertainers are fun, but not usually profound, and fans always strike me as a bit silly in their dedication to something that's, well, honestly a little shallow in most cases.

But Alizee is different. Not Alizee (side note -- someone more in the know than I, how DO you put in that accent on the first e?) the performer, but Alizee the person. These are not shallows. These are deep waters. That's the aspect I want to speak to, and so that's the name I choose.
My sentiments exactly.