Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-16-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

its either 24 or 48 hours it's cool its like 24 hours of le mans but at thundehill raceway and any body can race as long as the car is safe so it's lke an ametuer version also I remember the gt40 the main driver for that was like 7 feet tall lol so they had that bump put in the roof

edit: her bob check this outhttp://video.google.com/videoplay?do...009949&q=rally

Last edited by Spartan500; 08-16-2006 at 01:08 PM..
Old 08-16-2006, 02:12 PM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva2model64 View Post
but i'm primarily a runner. the feelings you get, the pain you have to fight. bringing an mp3 player is useless. i tried it before, first the music sound regular, then after a while it sounds like it's playing in slow-mo, then you can barely hear it (unless you get adrenaline in your system-the extra engery goes to your brain too i guess?). you are not thinking. you are just running, because you can't think even if you tried. now you are faltering, you feel yourself losing ground. your lungs are giving, you can only take in partial breaths. when you feel as if you're going to die, you instead, in a burst of fury, increase your speed like a madman and suddenly this wonderful feeling of the adrenaline rush (and endorphins) pushes you to run at maximum speed. now, you feel no pain. you are running very fast. you feel like you can run forever, it's amazing. wehn you get back home, you're still swimming in that world of endorphins. Listening to Alizée is even more pleasing than it usually is. (for extra variation to run, add fresh coffee and/or bring a running partner of similar ability)
Ahhh Riva, I gotta agree with you, theres something about running. I take part in Triathalons(running, swimming, and biking) with my sister actually, she's my partner. But I know exactly what you're talking about. It's the runners high, its a fanatastic feeling despite the pain before and the soreness later. Can't say I've ever tried listening to Alizee while running though .

And don't worry, you could learn to be a good breakdancer too, might help to take a tumbling or gymnastics class though. That probably sounds a little girly, yeah, I know, but it really helps you learn to keep your balance and some even teach you how to do flips and well..tumbling.

Edit : Oh my god Spartan, that looks awesome, thanks for the link.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

sure no problem if you think that is cool then check this out its called drifting
btw drifting was created by early rally drivers to keep engines speed up when driving thruogh a corner
Old 08-16-2006, 02:23 PM

yeah, thats pretty interesting, but I don't know, that Rally racing looks pretty dangerous. I think if I was ever going to do racing of any sort, that'd be it. It really looks as fun as it is deadly.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

yeah but when you have custoim roll cage developed by your own race team and all the safety gear most drivers come out all right and im only saying most because a lot of drivers from any kind of racing have died do the pikes peak hill climb
Old 08-16-2006, 03:49 PM

Bob is on a distinguished road

i also do biking things like in chicago theres this thing in early june called "" bike the drive" and basically you bike from where you live, around downtown chicago, them bike back home =)
This post may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or bob's work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:18 PM

riva2model64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urb4n View Post
Ahhh Riva, I gotta agree with you, theres something about running. I take part in Triathalons(running, swimming, and biking) with my sister actually, she's my partner. But I know exactly what you're talking about. It's the runners high, its a fanatastic feeling despite the pain before and the soreness later. Can't say I've ever tried listening to Alizee while running though .

And don't worry, you could learn to be a good breakdancer too, might help to take a tumbling or gymnastics class though. That probably sounds a little girly, yeah, I know, but it really helps you learn to keep your balance and some even teach you how to do flips and well..tumbling.

Edit : Oh my god Spartan, that looks awesome, thanks for the link.
i find music is great (esp Alizée ) for other excercises, like aerobics and weightlifting

you do triathlons? next year will be my first triathlon
how hard are they, blah blah blah, tips etc

and that is an excellent find Spartan, thanks!

Bob you should consider doing the Tour of France
Old 08-16-2006, 04:28 PM

Arrow

Triathalons are pretty tough, it is a pure endurance test. No need for any burst strength. Just maintain a slow pace( until maybe the end). Are you doing a triathalon with a partner or by yourself? If you are with a partner just try to set a pace that you two can keep together through the whole thing. For me the goal isn't winning yet, I'm just not ready (conditioning wise) to move that fast.

All in all, I guess, just don't push yourself to be number one right away, focus on getting the thing DONE. If you complete a Triathalon or a Marathon for that matter, seriously, you've done a helluva lot already.

Edit : oh yeah, take it real slow in the running part in the beginning, save your strength for the swim.

Last edited by Urb4n; 08-16-2006 at 04:31 PM..
Old 08-16-2006, 05:08 PM

riva2model64 is on a distinguished road

I'm doing the triathlon with partner, thanks (he's a good friend but not too fond of Alizée)

it'll be the Lake Placid Iron Man event in New York, and I think the swimming part comes first, 2.4 mi of it ( though ima not sure, and 2.4 is a lot) and yeah i just want to get the thing completed

i'm scheduled to do the Marine Corps marathon on the October 29th this year, it cost me $90, so much, but atleast you get a shirt. the worse thing is that it is on a Sunday, so i pay $90 and don't miss any school

any one else running that

Last edited by riva2model64; 08-16-2006 at 05:11 PM..
Old 08-16-2006, 06:14 PM

Arrow

Ahh thats awesome! I try to get into as many events as I can. Wierd though, the Triathalons that I've been in have always been running, swimming, and then biking in that order. But hey, whatever works.

That is the one thing I hate about Marathons, Tri's and Bi's, is the entrance fee thats usually is invloved. But whatev I guess, I'm going on a small 3k run next week for the humane society(get to take my dog!). I'll participate in even the small runs, can't hurt I suppose.

And its cool you're doing the Triathalon with a partner, it is alot more fun that way.

Last edited by Urb4n; 08-16-2006 at 06:18 PM..