Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Why did her new album fail?
Her clothing 0 0%
Deviation from mainstream pop 4 7.69%
Her long absense 1 1.92%
lack of sexiness 1 1.92%
lack of dance 2 3.85%
ineptitude of the record company 2 3.85%
Bad or lack of TV performances 0 0%
Bad producers 1 1.92%
Marriage 1 1.92%
Overall quality of album (I am sure no one is gonna vote for this) 3 5.77%
Bad single choice and music video 3 5.77%
Bad lyrics 1 1.92%
Separaation fro LB and MF 14 26.92%
Loss of her previous images 8 15.38%
Bad reviews 0 0%
Alizee's lack of experience (probably not true. I am sure no one is gonna vote for this either 0 0%
No international album 1 1.92%
Her overal looks 1 1.92%
Bad interviews 0 0%
....other 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2008, 11:20 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Somebody once said that a squirrel is a rat with good PR. I seriously feel that whoever was the PR (maybe Lili herself) should have went ahead and released the album in the U S. It could have lead to an appearence on SNL. Or the background song on a TV show like Smallville. This is all mere speculation of course but I honestly think she missed her chance by not releasing it here.
You did notice she is singing french, didn't you? Besides what amount of money does she need for an appearance in the U.S. arena? Is the risk worth it? Prevoius albums were at least resonant music, this one is more of synthetic beats and drums, it's a little dull and local. So no, she will not find many fans in U.S. in my opinion. But she is very famous on youtube.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:38 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
You did notice she is singing french, didn't you?
SHE'S SINGING IS FRENCH??? OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU Mihail. I always thought it was some sort of cosmic jibberish. Thank so much for pointing that out to me. Geez I feel so foolish. How can I ever repay you for showing me my error. I think that everybody in this forum should line up and kiss your feet because of your brilliance. Come everybody! Let us all bow to his wisdom.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:55 PM
star traveller

Quote:
SHE'S SINGING IS FRENCH??? OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU Mihail. I always thought it was some sort of cosmic jibberish. Thank so much for pointing that out to me. Geez I feel so foolish. How can I ever repay you for showing me my error. I think that everybody in this forum should line up and kiss your feet because of your brilliance. Come everybody! Let us all bow to his wisdom.
I've never seen such a long sarcasm posting in my life.
But the theory of irrationality of moving to the U.S. market remains anyway, should I be sorry for having different views on what you stated? Maybe it's not nice of me to be so pessimistic about the whole idea, sorry for that really.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 01-07-2008 at 12:05 AM..
Old 01-07-2008, 12:20 AM

lethalsilicong5 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hey, I'm new here as a forum member and admirer of Alizee in general.

After listening to her old songs for the last half of the year and recently purchasing her new album it was a very different style but it instantly grew on me and I'm still listening to it. Lilly Town and Décollage FTW! Anyway since my cd was backordered on amazon.com i couldn't wait throughout christmas without hearing the songs so i checked limewire and it depresses me to see how easily the possibly thousands of people who don't want to buy the cd online can get every song. The album made me happy so it's not a failure to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
I hope authorities put a stop to the illegal downloads and I hope people think and go out and buy the CD because...hey I got a poster and a DVD with mine for a few more bucks.
I love that poster! where can i get real posters though of alizee?

Thanks,
Sam
Old 01-07-2008, 12:33 AM
star traveller

Rocket, are you a girl? Maybe I was rude to you now that I think of it, are there many more girls on this forum?
Old 01-07-2008, 02:36 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Rocket, are you a girl? Maybe I was rude to you now that I think of it, are there many more girls on this forum?
Does this answer your question?

Getting back to releasing the album in the states. There have been several artists that made it to #1 that came from a forgien country. In the 50's there was a song from Japan, and in the 60's there were two french nuns who hit #1. And in the 80's there was a group called Nena who had a #1 hit called 99 Luftballoons.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

I will be blunt. Her songs are not as good as the one produced and written by LB and MF. Let's face it these two are hevyweights in the French Pop music industry. There's no way Alizee's album will have better songs then the songs of LB/MF, they have decades of experience producing music, they know what works and what does not. That's not to say the Alizee can't make good music, this is her first album produced by her. I think after she has more experience, I think she will get better. But for now, her songs doesn't even crack the Top 40, I know because I listen to the French NRJ and they hardly play her songs, if ever.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:46 AM
star traveller

Rocket, now that! made it obvious. Thank you.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Somebody once said that a squirrel is a rat with good PR. I seriously feel that whoever was the PR (maybe Lili herself) should have went ahead and released the album in the U S. It could have lead to an appearence on SNL. Or the background song on a TV show like Smallville. This is all mere speculation of course but I honestly think she missed her chance by not releasing it here.
SNL, good looking out though Rocket that would be a great place for her to start when she comes to America. I kind of though maybe Regis and Kelly or a small place like Roseland Ballroom in NYC would be nice to start. Something like 1000 people max in that place. There are many places for her to start small and work her way up in the US. But that isn't her concern now, so maybe in the future. I got my eye on MSG though. She does have many fans here and hey maybe some fans would travel from different countries to see her here. I hope for the release of the album to my local FYE and Tower Records.

Quote:
You did notice she is singing french, didn't you? Besides what amount of money does she need for an appearance in the U.S. arena? Is the risk worth it? Prevoius albums were at least resonant music, this one is more of synthetic beats and drums, it's a little dull and local. So no, she will not find many fans in U.S. in my opinion. But she is very famous on youtube.
Ok...the risk would be great to take because she will find that all the fans here are very caring and will make her feel welcome. I will be at the US concert with a big poster that says, Welcome to America Alizée!!!!

Second, "she will not find many fans in the U.S."...what is this website with some 1,500 people on it for? There are foreign people here too but there are alot of U.S. fans. More and more join weekly and thats the way we want it. More fans=more support for Alizée's visit to America. We shouldn't be doubting how many fans she has, we should be saying that she has a good amount of fans. Because hey...there are some people who live in the U.S. who aren't even on the forums that like Alizée.

Third, youtube.com. Come on now, why do you think she has so many fans on youtube...I will tell you why, opinions there involve the disrespect of certain people, swearing, offense, insults, and crude humor. Which is why every time I am on youtube I defend Alizée's videos to the best of my knowledge. It gets nowhere but it sure does make some people I know look at Alizée and others differently, like my friends. When they say something bad about Alizée I get loud and when I get loud I get my point across. But here on Moi-alizee.us, an opinion CAN'T have all those horrible things I mentioned before because it isn't allowed for one, and others don't like that kind of talk here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalsilicong5 View Post
Hey, I'm new here as a forum member and admirer of Alizee in general.

After listening to her old songs for the last half of the year and recently purchasing her new album it was a very different style but it instantly grew on me and I'm still listening to it. Lilly Town and Décollage FTW! Anyway since my cd was backordered on amazon.com i couldn't wait throughout christmas without hearing the songs so i checked limewire and it depresses me to see how easily the possibly thousands of people who don't want to buy the cd online can get every song. The album made me happy so it's not a failure to me.

I love that poster! where can i get real posters though of alizee?

Thanks,
Sam
Welcome to the website lethalsilicong5, I saw a website where you can order some really nice posters and mouse pads with some really cool pictures of Alizée, it is on my other computer though. I will look for it later and get it to you.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:30 AM

poropipo is on a distinguished road

I want this girl back

i love her new album,she only needs to dance more,decollage could be a great song for that