Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-11-2006, 12:45 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Well, I digged now too like promised.

Nice to see it succeed.

But I'm not so sure what was accomplished with it anyways. We might see it in future. But currently, it's really hard to say. Maybe it will bring some new fans in the future but it's hard to tell.

We didn't get any new members to the forums, which is obvious of course if the server was not responding. Which again is clear sign that this kind of operation should be handled with servers with high capacity. Hosting the video on google and putting there clear links of fan sites for more information for those who are interested of it. That way the video is available whole time without interruptions and people are still able to browse the fan sites for further information. Now we can only hope that people will return to the site after day or two to check out if the server is back up and running.

Also choosing the video more carefully would be wise, too. Not that there's anything wrong with JEAM but this kind of performance attracts only one kind of people. As unfortunate as it is. It isn't very likely that those who are attracted by this video really becomes fan of her.

Just a few point from critical point of view...
Well .. the front page of digg is just something you have to survive, to get to the point we are at now. the server this website is on (dual xeon 2gb ram) is about the best you can get. you really need multiple servers / database servers to really survive the front page without missing a step. but we managed to keep the server online the whole time, we did limit db connections to the forums a while to let the video stream for all the new requests without interruption.

the real benefit in my mind starts today and continues for the next month. We will be in the main page in the music video section for close to a month. Tons of people will get to see it for a while now.

This will also help a TON with our google rankings, it might be enough to get us in the top 5 results in a few months. I don't look for a lot of new 'members' really. it took me 2 years to sign up on alizee-forum but I think there will be a lot of new 'fans' ..
Old 11-11-2006, 12:50 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
bonsoir Snatcher42, j'ai essayé de décrire le site-web digg en quelques mots ici; à votre avis est-ce que cela va convaincre les français et les françaises de notre mission?

Bonjour à tous,

C’est évident que tout le monde connait Alizée en Europe, mais chez nous (l’Amerique du Nord) elle est presque inconnue ! Et cela est la raison pour laquelle brad faisait un site web américain consacré à notre chère fée clochette - www.moi-alizee.us . Malheureusement, Alizée et notre site ne sont que des gouttelettes d’eau dans le grand océan de la variété américaine et canadienne. Son site web est grand mais il y a beaucoup plus de pages consacrées aux musiciens comme Kenny Chesney, P Diddy, et Britney Spears !

Nous nous avons demandé comment est-ce que l’on puisse mieux faire notre fête sur l’internet, et nous avons trouvé www.digg.com. Le but de ce site web est de faire des publicités, et s’il y a assez de « diggs » - verlan pour « j’aime cette chose » - il y aura le chance d’être promouvu à la page d’accueil, là où tout le monde peut voir la petite publicité que l’on a annoncé.

Si vous avez le temps, veuillez nous rendre visite chez http://www.digg.com/videos_music/Bea..._J_en_Ai_Marre et s’il vous plaît faites-nous un digg. Il va falloir seulement créer un compte avec Digg et puis vous allez être capable de nous donner un digg en cliquant sur le carré jaune juste à côté du titre. C’est complètement gratuit – et c’est tout pour la faire connaître à l’Amérique du Nord.

Merci beaucoup de nous avoir supporté !

-garçoncanadien
I don't know what it says but it looks good to me

you might want to stick a link to the main music video page in there ..
http://digg.com/videos_music
Old 11-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
Well .. the front page of digg is just something you have to survive, to get to the point we are at now. the server this website is on (dual xeon 2gb ram) is about the best you can get. you really need multiple servers / database servers to really survive the front page without missing a step. but we managed to keep the server online the whole time, we did limit db connections to the forums a while to let the video stream for all the new requests without interruption.
Exactly that's why it should be linked to server(s) that are capable of handling the traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
the real benefit in my mind starts today and continues for the next month. We will be in the main page in the music video section for close to a month. Tons of people will get to see it for a while now.

This will also help a TON with our google rankings, it might be enough to get us in the top 5 results in a few months. I don't look for a lot of new 'members' really. it took me 2 years to sign up on alizee-forum but I think there will be a lot of new 'fans' ..
Yes, we will see about this. Hopefully it brings some new fans. And I mean real fans. Not these who watches her just to jerk off.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:58 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Great job garçoncanadien, but if you want to let the fans at Alizée Alliance, including Emilie of Le nid d'Alizée, know about this site they do have a thread where they are trying to create a list of all the Alizée fansites. And not just the French ones, the collection of videos here would no doubt be enjoyed by the forum members, even the ones with little to no English. I was going to list it but I have a bad habit of putting things off, most of the other site postings were done by admins posting their sites. The forum is down for maintenance but when its back up I can link the thread. In case it's back up before I get back Alizée Alliance
Old 11-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

you're welcome Twitch but I can't do so much by myself eh maybe some other people can help?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:45 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

I missed all this thread and I don't have time to learn about digg.com that I never heard of before. I've just improved the original version of garçoncanadien's text below.

One thing: is "digg" really verlan??? Verlan is very French and means "à l'envers" backward, "à l'envers" itself meaning backward. It consists in inverting syllables in the words, exemple: "ripoux" instead of "pourri". Didn't you mean just "slang" or "familiar"?

Bonjour à tous,

C’est évident que tout le monde connait Alizée en Europe, mais chez nous (en Amérique du Nord) elle est presque inconnue ! C'est la raison pour laquelle Brad a fait un site web américain consacré à notre chère fée clochette - www.moi-alizee.us . Malheureusement, Alizée et notre site ne sont que des gouttelettes d’eau dans le grand océan de la variété américaine et canadienne. Son site web est assez important mais il existe beaucoup plus de pages consacrées à des musiciens comme Kenny Chesney, P Diddy, et Britney Spears !

Nous nous sommes demandés comment on pourrait mieux faire connaître Alizée sur internet et nous avons trouvé www.digg.com. Le but de ce site web est de faire de la pub et s’il y a assez de « diggs » - verlan <- ????? pour « j’aime cette chose » - on aura des chances d'apparaître sur la page d’accueil, là où tout le monde peut voir la petite publicité qu’on a lancée.

Si vous avez le temps, veuillez nous rendre visite ici : http://www.digg.com/videos_music/Bea..._J_en_Ai_Marre et s’il vous plaît, faites-nous un digg. Vous avez seulement besoin de créer un compte sur Digg, ensuite vous pouvez nous donner un digg en cliquant sur le carré jaune juste à côté du titre. C’est complètement gratuit – et tout cela contribuera à faire connaître Alizée en Amérique du Nord.

Merci beaucoup de nous soutenir !
Old 11-11-2006, 01:47 PM

I am willing to post it since brad doesn't mind spamming of his site, I was a bit reluctant to do it at first just because so far I have only been a lurker on the Alizée Alliance forum and didn't want to spam on my first post, but they have a thread for fansites so it shouldn't be an issue. And I didn't want to use your translation without your permission, in case you wanted to post it yourself, or Snatcher wanted to since he asked for a translation to post. And I can add the video link with a description, since I think that the video collection would be the biggest draw for the French only members to this site. I also wasn't sure if I should just describe the site or include the digg operation, but I think the digg operation should go with the site description and link because this site was created to help build her fan base in America, which was also the point of posting on digg. We might also be able to ask to ad a link on Le Nid d'Alizée in exchange for linking that site here, Emilie already has a list of banners for other fansites, if that is something brad wants. But we should make a banner first. To see the lists go to liens, and for all the non French fansites currently listed les sites étrangers. To navigate the the site properly though click on the banner and not the direct links.

Last edited by Twitch; 11-11-2006 at 03:19 PM..
Old 11-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

oh I didn't know it's impolite to spam on my 3rd post. I am a newbie over at alizée forum; I will wait for Snatcher to do it then!

I will PM aFrenchie's improvement to Snatcher42. And once again thanks aFrenchie for helping me out!

yup I suppose I won't say verlan then. phrase argot is better!

Last edited by garçoncanadien; 11-11-2006 at 02:36 PM..
Old 11-11-2006, 03:17 PM

I was talking about posting it on the Alizée Alliance, a small 600? member French only forum, but I think it is the largest French forum after alizée-forum. And because they have a thread asking people to post Alizée fansites it isn't really spamming because they are trying to create a list of all the sites out there. And I don't think spamming is necessarily rude, unless it is for something completely unrelated to what the forum is about, most Alizée forums are happy when they see new fansites linked. But hasn't this site and the digg operation already been posted on alizée-forum, or was that only in the English section? But I get the feeling that digg.com is not as popular or well known about in Europe, and that the French will less likely be interested in digging a 3 year old video as we are, especially based on some of the comments currently on digg. But I'm sure that this site's video collection will draw Alizée Alliance members here, just not sure how many would be interested in joining an English only forum.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

may be we should do operation digg 3,4,5,......
daily or weekly until the release of the 3rd album that way operationdigg 1 and 2 won't go for nothing.
one shouldn't hope to accomplish anything by one try.

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change