Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-28-2008, 01:35 AM

zeico is on a distinguished road
Red face

What I say is this: We now have 2 Alizee's. One is a teenager - whose videos and audios have saturated our lives, and the other is a young woman - whose videos and audios (hopefully) are just beginning to saturate our lives. Neither is better nor prettier nor sings better than the other. The 2 Alizee's are, quite simply, "different".

When I want to re-live my youth (only in my mind, unfortunately) I watch En Concierto - especially Moi....Lolita and Parler tout bas, but when I envision my lying on my death bed in the near future, with Alizee sitting beside me on the edge of the bed and holding my hand as I slip away - all I want to hear is L'effet or Coeur deja pris being sung to me in that low, sexy, caring, sensual and sultry voice. I want to hear her voice and gaze into the two things that will NEVER change - her mesmerizing, deep eyes that have burned all the way into my soul. I don't care about the words - WHATEVER they mean nor WHEN they were sung by her.

We ALL change our appearances and attitudes as we age. You will, too. Getting older sucks big-time.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:40 AM

Andres87 is on a distinguished road

Well Alizee did change but not very much. Inside I can see she's stiil a young girl. But time passes for her to, and it's natural. I like how she is now, because I changed to, time passed for me to, so its ok, In a way she changed with us and for us.
But I still think that she will change more, when she get used to all this again...
Old 01-28-2008, 03:19 AM

RichardInArizona is on a distinguished road

MesGourmandises,
I'm also a little sad about what I've seen lately, especially with the MJ video. I miss the old days, but everyone gets older.
Lets focus on the positive things:
1. She's back!
2. She's still very beautiful.
3. Many songs on the new CD are excellent.
There is hope for the future. Here are things I'm hoping for:
* Better videos than MJ.
* Another duet with Natasha. I mean a marketable song that appears on a CD, plus a video.
* Appearances in the USA.
* Acting in movies.
* Re-uniting with Mylene, and actually going on a concert tour together. Mylene is a very smart woman who can help Alizee just like she did before.

Alizee & Natasha Forever

Last edited by RichardInArizona; 01-28-2008 at 03:42 AM..
Old 01-29-2008, 03:11 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

HelixSix I wasn't going to answer to you since it's pointless, but now that I'm fresh in my head I will try to explain to you where our misunderstanding takes place. First of all your quote is right after my comment, and even though you say now that your response was for MesGourmandises there's no quote from him on your comment, nor was his name even mentioned, in fact his comment isn't even in the same page. Furthermore the comment you made is one that I've been hearing for quite awhile now, to indicate that the only reason that others are fixated with her old performance is because she was a lolita and because of the other points that you've indicated in your comment.

All that said notice my comment was not to attack you like you attacked me, I simply said: sorry that's all you saw because I saw a lot more then that, and I go on to describe to you what I saw. Next comment you attacked me with your excuse saying that I had talked you down !! Also that's where your comment comes in about her shaking her "money maker". If it's not your expression then where did it come from, because clearly you are not quoting anyone. So of course I assume it's yours and indicate to you that I would not use that expression on her. Next post and the one after that things get out of hand, and even though I tried to mend things by apologizing you turned around and called the Moderators on me.... That's the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Put yourself in her shoes. She was in a situation where all the decisions were made for her. Now most girls wouldn't turn down an opportunity like the one she got even if it meant being objectified some of the time....but it doesn't mean that was the real Alizée, or that she enjoyed everything that came along the way.

The reason most people like the JEAM performances is because part of her ass is showing, her outfit is skin tight, and the dance she does is just...sexually appetizing. JEAM is eye candy at its best, and theres even a nice tune to go along with it.

Aside from lending her voice to the album production, her job was to go out and look as hot/cute/sexy as possible, smile as much as she could, and then do a decent job in the live concerts.

She was mostly a performer before, but now she is an actual musician and artist...doing things her own way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
So sorry that's all you saw HelixSix, because from where I was sitting it was a perfect combination of Alizée, Mylene & Laurent. In case you don't realize, everything we do in life has to do with playing a part. It's not the part we play, but how well we play it that makes the difference. That was absolutely her playing that part, just like she played the part of Julliette in her most recent videos. Just like she would be playing any part in a movie for example. How many here would not like to see her playing a part in a movie where she played another character ??

Deep I didn't say it was the worst, I merely said that it wasn't her best. As far as her future changes, I don't think we'll agree on this either. She might try to be more accepted, or she might just go all the way to her own likes, and that could change too... only time will tell.
Quote:
I never said that is all I saw, or even referenced my opinion. Go do a video search of Alizee and see the videos that come up, and often her music will be played over with something else, simply because she is looking hot and shaking her moneymaker...in this instance, JEAM. Thats the way things are, not my opinion, so don't even try to say that is how I view JEAM or any of her songs.

Don't talk down to me with your own opinion, if your going to talk down to me then use something with merit. Your opinions, like mine, do not justify the rights to talk down to somebody.

And Alizee was playing a part before, a part she did not create. That is much different than the part she is playing now, which she did create. She chose to portray herself as Juliette, she chose the lyrics, just as she is in control of her entire appearance...the opposite of her early years.
Quote:
Wait, let me get this right. You made a comment on behalf of everybody, or on what you think is the reason everyone has for loving the old Alizée. But yet, I'm the one who is trying to talk you down with my own opinion ?? Then you continue to comment on saying that if you make a search for Alizée this is what you get JEAM... therefore I guess your saying is the reason that you know why we liked her then. What's wrong with this picture ?? "Simply because she is looking hot and shaking her moneymaker" Wow !! I would never use that expression when referring to Alizée. Obviously we see her differently !!
Quote:
Wrong
I made a comment in reply to what MesGourmandises said about Alizee being a different now than she was then. My point is we can't just say she is different now, because before she did what she was told according to the plan set out for her - she was not in control. Now she is in control of nearly everything about the album, and we see the real Alizee.

MesGourmandises also talked about JEAM, and how Alizee will probably never dance that way again because she is a different person. And I replied to that, with the example of her not being in control of her image/actions then, and being in control now. You can't show the real you when your acting from a script made by somebody else.

You are the one saying things like "So sorry that's all you saw", "In case you don't realize", and following them up with your own pure opinion. If you combine slander and talking down to people with opinion instead of evidence, you will get the wrong kind of attention.

MesGourmandises brought up JEAM, and I replied only in context to that song when I talked about how she looks on stage when singing it - which has alot to do with why JEAM is so popular. I'm saying that is why alot of people like JEAM...I'm not saying that is why people liked Alizee in general. Please please just understand that before you go on slandering me.

Stop bringing up the notion I don't like her at some point in her life. That is pure slander and if you stopped doing that we probably wouldn't have any argument.

I'm not critical of hardly anything about her...I would enjoy her in music or in movies. And you still don't see what I am getting at...I am saying there is a big difference between her playing a part she was assigned to, and playing a part she chose to. You see the real Alizee now because she is the "director" and can cast herself in any part she wishes to her own preference in detail. Before she had a much smaller role and played the parts assigned to her. This is what I am talking about, so quit trying to slander me and create views I have not said.
Quote:
You know what HelixSix, even though I didn't see it yesterday, what you were saying about talking you down, I see it now. I must have been a little upset, was not my intention to talk that way. I do have a bad habit of doing that, thanks for pointing that out to me. My most sincere apologies to you, not because I want you to forgive me, but because I know that you were right, and also because we should keep things on a more friendly tone...
Quote:
You are going to very low and desperate levels here, so much that I had to create a new post to show you and the moderators here exactly what you are doing.

Here is what I originally said.

1. Notice how you altered my writing by changing "simply" to "Simply" and trying to make it look like my 'shaking her moneymaker' statement was it's own sentence, when in fact it was additional info for the point I was proving.

2. I did not use that 'expression' (that you modified to your liking) when referring to Alizee. I used that expression as an example to why some people like her dance in JEAM. My example - they will play their own music over hers while she is dancing on stage. This is why I started out the sentence with "Go do a video search", but you conveniently left that out I see.

3. And to top it off you say, "Obviously we see her differently !!". When in fact I made it clear that what I said was not my opinion and not my views.

Over and over you distort what I say, and this time you actually had the nerve to manually edit my own text. Then you try to make it look like I view Alizee in a different or bad way, when in fact I have not offered my personal opinion of her in this entire thread.

Moderators, can you please do something about Jess.

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 01-29-2008 at 03:21 PM..
Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Tical 808

Ok. You either love the real Alizee or you don't. Since we're all on this forum that must mean we love her so if we're real fans it really doesn't matter how she is, just as long as shes healthy, succeeding, and making good music.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:53 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

I'll take the chance to say Alizee is quite special indeed, it's more than "you like her, or not". Just look how much "lovely-girl" attention she gets wherever she goes and look how much she is appreciated on youtube. She has a enigma thing to her, no doubt. The most perceptive people fall for her at first sight and that's saying already a lot. People like Alizee are rare.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 01-29-2008 at 03:56 PM..
Old 01-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Tical 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
People like Alizee are rare.
Veeeeeeeeeeeeery. I think shes the first one to give me a "love at first sight" experience
Old 01-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Certified Alizée Fan

Amon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
I'll take the chance to say Alizee is quite special indeed, it's more than "you like her, or not". Just look how much "lovely-girl" attention she gets wherever she goes and look how much she is appreciated on youtube. She has a enigma thing to her, no doubt. The most perceptive people fall for her at first sight and that's saying already a lot. People like Alizee are rare.
I think you're right about perception and enigma. I have never quite understood why we share the same experience to this degree. I mean, she is immensely beautiful in pictures, but in her video performances she is... well... just not possible. After more than six years I still refuse to believe what I see and experience. I just can't imagine what a live performance would be like.

*Edited for typo

Last edited by Amon; 01-30-2008 at 12:28 AM..
Old 01-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Yes Jess I did call the moderators on you, for good reason. The intentional and extreme slander of other people.

I suggest you go read my last post since I made everything VERY CLEAR, including how you tried to turn my true observations into opinion or views of Alizee, and how my factual statements were replies to exactly what Mes was talking about. But conveniently you did not include that in your most recent post.

So here you are, your last ditch effort to try and defame me by referencing my "shaking her moneymaker" comment. It is not an expression at all, despite how much you want it to be, and it is the last thing from my view of Alizee as a whole.

The "shaking her moneymaker" comment has been nothing but a description of what she does in part of the JEAM performance, which is in support of my reply to Mes.

In this video http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=32 at 3:10 and especially at 3:25, what would you say that she is doing? Because that is all I was talking about when I referenced her as "shaking her moneymaker". And what I said is a pretty accurate description unless of course you are a person who lives in denial and will change anything a person says just for the sake of arguing. Even more pathetic is how you would suggest that is how I completely view Alizee, especially when I have made it clear that I was only talking about JEAM, and JEAM only.

You or others reading this might think "wow those are some harsh words", but the false accusations aimed at me are the equivalent of walking into a church and calling a devout worshiper of God a "supporter of Satan", or a "non believer" in front of everybody. Do you think they would appreciate that? No they wouldn't, so thats where I am coming from.