Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Guys I think we should move this amazing eye-opening conversation to the new "Alizee-American Revolution" Thread Imma bout to put up.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

People I think it's time, I really do think it's time. I know we all have done a little pramotiong ourselfs, but I think we all need to get down and serious call radio stations, make signs saying "ALIZEE FOR MORE INFO CHECK OUT ALIZEEAMERICA.COM or ALIZEE-RADIO.COM, Go in our streets of our hometowns and blast her music and video tape it and send it to Alizée and let her know how hard we are working to get her down here. So what do you guys say should we get started or what!!!!!

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-25-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée View Post
People I think it's time, I really do think it's time. I know we all have done a little pramotiong ourselfs, but I think we all need to get down and serious call radio stations, make signs saying "ALIZEE FOR MORE INFO CHECK OUT ALIZEEAMERICA.COM or ALIZEE-RADIO.COM, Go in our streets of our hometowns and blast her music and video tape it and send it to Alizée and let her know how hard we are working to get her down here. So what do you guys say should we get started or what!!!!!
I bet some of the senior members on this thread are just shaking their heads at us saying they have tried and it can't be done. But we have the help of the Mexicans! Anyway if anyone wants to keep discusssing this please talk about it in the new thread here: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5858
Old 07-25-2010, 10:33 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

I understand. Everyone wants her to do more. Even she wishes she could do certain things. I know, you want another single, a video, performances of her looking really hot and singing the song you like on tv. You want the beautiful sexy woman with the amiable personality, good manners and cute voice to give you a good show and dream about either being her or being with her. You would be delighted to explore a new artistic expression that appeals to your artistic senses and holds with the persona of Alizée that you like. And you want the chance to go see her in concert among hoards of screaming fans. Yeah, that time was great.

So, without those fairly slick, sexy and/or sweet performances that I think are what have held people's attention (hard to argue with sex appeal), why should we care anymore? Well, all I can say is that when I listen to the album, I remember why I should care and yeah, she can still be really nice to look at. She has enough talent and qualities to have a place, just doesn't exercise it. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Of course, performance is difficult and art even more difficult. Even Boutonnat's first feature film that he produced with Mylène was a financial and critical disaster. Wikipedia claims that's why they split ways for a time. Anyone can fail. But I think neither they nor Alizée are failures in creating what they wanted to create. It's just a failure of convincing the rest of the world to like it a lot. So, it's up to her. We are beating a dead horse going over what she should or shouldn't do.

I saw a documentary stating that Michael Jackson's record company was unhappy and complained in like 2003 when his album only sold a measly 2 million copies. Well, I guess it's all about expectations and investment already sunk.

Merci Fanny
Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I understand. Everyone wants her to do more. Even she wishes she could do certain things. I know, you want another single, a video, performances of her looking really hot and singing the song you like on tv. You want the beautiful sexy woman with the amiable personality, good manners and cute voice to give you a good show and dream about either being her or being with her. You would be delighted to explore a new artistic expression that appeals to your artistic senses and holds with the persona of Alizée that you like. And you want the chance to go see her in concert among hoards of screaming fans. Yeah, that time was great.

So, without those fairly slick, sexy and/or sweet performances that I think are what have held people's attention (hard to argue with sex appeal), why should we care anymore? Well, all I can say is that when I listen to the album, I remember why I should care and yeah, she can still be really nice to look at. She has enough talent and qualities to have a place, just doesn't exercise it. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Of course, performance is difficult and art even more difficult. Even Boutonnat's first feature film that he produced with Mylène was a financial and critical disaster. Wikipedia claims that's why they split ways for a time. Anyone can fail. But I think neither they nor Alizée are failures in creating what they wanted to create. It's just a failure of convincing the rest of the world to like it a lot. So, it's up to her. We are beating a dead horse going over what she should or shouldn't do.

I saw a documentary stating that Michael Jackson's record company was unhappy and complained in like 2003 when his album only sold a measly 2 million copies. Well, I guess it's all about expectations and investment already sunk.
C'mon Roman you can't think about it that way. If the Mexicans got her to come to Mexico and she noticed, what makes you think she wont come over here. I think there's a good chance of her coming to the States it might take awhile but it's worth the wait. We are just trying to get her records to sell in America that's all. Then she might noticed how bad we want her over here.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:52 PM

See what you are saying Roman, the choice of what she is/isn't going to do is ultimately up to her. But we should try and promote her since she isn't promoting over here or in Mexico yet. We have to keep the flame going until the time of her Mexican tour so she can go in there with a bang.

And whether or not people like her for her music or just her looks, as long as people appreciate her, she will always have something to hold on to. We should just keep telling people about her and eventually her 2nd golden years will come if she accepts the invitation. We need to help her and give her somewhat of a chance for her to come in strong to Mexico and other places so she can keep going and want to keep going.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
See what you are saying Roman, the choice of what she is/isn't going to do is ultimately up to her. But we should try and promote her since she isn't promoting over here or in Mexico yet. We have to keep the flame going until the time of her Mexican tour so she can go in there with a bang.

And whether or not people like her for her music or just her looks, as long as people appreciate her, she will always have something to hold on to. We should just keep telling people about her and eventually her 2nd golden years will come if she accepts the invitation. We need to help her and give her somewhat of a chance for her to come in strong to Mexico and other places so she can keep going and want to keep going.
True so true man.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:11 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée View Post
C'mon Roman you can't think about it that way. If the Mexicans got her to come to Mexico and she noticed, what makes you think she wont come over here. I think there's a good chance of her coming to the States it might take awhile but it's worth the wait. We are just trying to get her records to sell in America that's all. Then she might noticed how bad we want her over here.
Ok, I'm not even sure what you are you reacting to, but whatever. If you can succeed in promoting her, great.

Merci Fanny
Old 07-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Roman, we are all reacting to a post mercenaries put up about how on radio and tv Alizée is being played on a daily basis and some of my experiences here in the Central Florida rerion which is heavily populated by hispanics of which a greater sum have heard of or like or even love Alizée
Old 07-25-2010, 11:33 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
This Rob will confirm Alizée is very popular among the Latino and Mexican population in Central Florida, most specifically in the Metro Olrlando area. I have talked w local stations, Alizée is being requested and they are unable to air her music until a US single is released. My boss heard Alizée being played on a jukebox at a bowling alley in Deland also. So I am positive UEDS is getting popular in Mexico. I played Zee on the bus and every Latino that could here was jamming with me. This is where she is hitting,MX FL TX CA
That is great. Just one question. Are radio stations unable to play her songs due to copyright limitations? Is it possible for them to play some fan made remixes/edited versions of songs, say a medley?