Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-13-2007, 08:07 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

I'm not a French speaker (and I would dearly love a summary of the double meanings, which I've requested in another thread) but my understanding of the double meanings is as follows:

Je donne ma langue aux chats - I give my language to the cats (Actually langue is "tongue" here).

(this is an idiom meaning "to give up/give in", something like when you can't solve a riddle....I don't know the double meaning, but some have alluded to some Sapphic/lesbian double meaning. I am curious as to whether this has a similar double meaning as in English, like to "give in sexually". We need a French speaker for this one.)

Des defiles de doigts - parades of fingers
(I believe this is a masturbation reference)

j'ai dans la gorge une épine - I have in the throat a thorn
(I believe that "épine" is supposed to have a double phallic meaning here; someone on mf-international said something about this)

Last edited by fsquared; 08-13-2007 at 08:09 PM..
Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

I don't believe that article....I really don't think Alizee and her camp are dumb enough to go after Mylene publicly like that, as was stated earlier. There relationship, although to the public eye may be ok...but there might be some underlying problems between them.

Regardless, going after Mylene is career suicide, so ya...i refuse to believe that article. Must be a slow news day for that Magazine....
Old 08-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Ouch, the last bit of the article is quite distasteful.

"Ce ne sera sans doute qu'une tempête dans un verre d'eau, juste un courant d'air."

Without a doubt, this will only be a "storm in a glass of water," just a "draft of air."

Old 08-13-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I don't believe that article....I really don't think Alizee and her camp are dumb enough to go after Mylene publicly like that, as was stated earlier. There relationship, although to the public eye may be ok...but there might be some underlying problems between them.

Regardless, going after Mylene is career suicide, so ya...i refuse to believe that article. Must be a slow news day for that Magazine....
BTW, I got a mailing from the et-toc/tinkalizee forum this afternoon:

---

- tinkalizee -

alizée la polémique

suite a l'article de voici parue ce jour :

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1279/img022oa0.jpg

sachez que 70 % de l'info est fausse

Seul la phrase "se poudrer le nez" est vraie mais elle est sortie de son contexte

De plus le titre "divine idole" n'est pas bon non plus

Avant de s'enflammer, attendez ce morceau qui est une balade.

Le retour d'alizée est de plus en plus iminant puisqu 'elle a bien signée comme nous l'avions annoncé la semaine dernière chez rca.

le single est toujours prévu pour septembre. Aucune info n'a été donnée quant à l'envoi du morceau en radio

l'album pour octobre/novembre.

------

I guess it says 70% of the article is false and only that thing about the nose is right, and it's out of context. Someone with better skills than I can give a fuller translation, but I think it's mostly been said (e.g., single in Sept, signed with RCA, don't know when the single will hit the radio, album in Oct/Nov).

Regarding "se repoudre le nez", I couldn't find a dictionary listing for this idiom. However, it seems to literally mean "repowder your nose", and it seems to be associated in web searches with fancy pretentious sports cars and supermodels, so perhaps it has something to do with being snooty or stuck up.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
Ouch, the last bit of the article is quite distasteful.

"Ce ne sera sans doute qu'une tempête dans un verre d'eau, juste un courant d'air."

Without a doubt, this will only be a "storm in a glass of water," just a "draft of air."
Presumably they had to get in a nasty little comment while alluding to Alizee's song titles....I was wondering just how nasty it sounded though. I guess it's quite nasty, huh.

Last edited by fsquared; 08-13-2007 at 08:29 PM..
Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Producer/Engineer

neoific is on a distinguished road

se repoudre le nez means sniffing cocaine.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoific View Post
se repoudre le nez means sniffing cocaine.
Very interesting. It must have a metaphorical meaning as well, though, no? For instance, what does it mean in the context of this sports car review?

http://www.motorlegend.com/actualite...2008/1675.html
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 PM

Amazed is on a distinguished road

I agree ALS, this post is utter BS. I'm really wondering what intention had the girl who wrote that when she did.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
So is Voici the equivalent of the National Enquirer?
Yeah, what's more that rag and Alizée have a troubled history. Way back when, Voici published total BS about Alizée and her manager being a couple, which they certainly were not. She wasn't happy about it and said so. Since then, I can't imagine her giving Voici an interview, so those quotes were, at best, things Alizée said in overheard discussions and taken out of context.

Image of the Devil? Look at half of Mylène's music videos and you could describe them that way. Machiavellian? You could arguably say that. But where's the context? What did Alizée actually say, to whom, in what tone of voice, and meaning what by it?

Essentially, Voici has no credibility whatsoever and unless we find something from a more respectable source -- ignore.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-13-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Yeah, what's more that rag and Alizée have a troubled history. Way back when, Voici published total BS about Alizée and her manager being a couple, which they certainly were not. She wasn't happy about it and said so. Since then, I can't imagine her giving Voici an interview, so those quotes were, at best, things Alizée said in overheard discussions and taken out of context.

Image of the Devil? Look at half of Mylène's music videos and you could describe them that way. Machiavellian? You could arguably say that. But where's the context? What did Alizée actually say, to whom, in what tone of voice, and meaning what by it?

Essentially, Voici has no credibility whatsoever and unless we find something from a more respectable source -- ignore.
Well, presumably the article insinuates that those phrases are lyrics in this song Divine Idole that they claim is on the 3rd album.

Someone else mentioned a lawsuit. But wasn't that lawsuit when they revealed in Nov. 2004 that she was pregnant? Voici lost because they had invaded her privacy or something, but they weren't wrong.

Last edited by fsquared; 08-13-2007 at 09:28 PM..