Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 05-08-2021, 01:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Wink

I don’t usually really listen to a lot of covers, but this new one hit my eyes and I have to say that somehow I liked it!

The band is also nice, surroundings are nice and in addition the cat came to the show as a surprise guest at one point!

And good, Alizée has not been forgotten in Southeast Asia either!

Alizée 💜
Old 05-08-2021, 02:03 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
I don’t usually really listen to a lot of covers, but this new one hit my eyes and I have to say that somehow I liked it!

It's special that Alizée's cover of Madonna's La Isla Bonita is so popular in Asia that they don't say Madonna cover, but Alizée cover:
"LA ISLA BONITA - ALIZEE COVER BY WALI BUSKERS".

You would say if you create a cover of a song, you know who the original artist is, but apparently not.

Here is another Asian "Alizee La Isla Bonita (Cover)":

For her own songs saying Alizée cover makes much more sense.

Old 05-08-2021, 10:54 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post

The band is also nice, surroundings are nice and in addition the cat came to the show as a surprise guest at one point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée-Nederland View Post
It's special that Alizée's cover of Madonna's La Isla Bonita is so popular in Asia that they don't say Madonna cover, but Alizée cover:
"LA ISLA BONITA - ALIZEE COVER BY WALI BUSKERS".

You would say if you create a cover of a song, you know who the original artist is, but apparently not.

Here is another Asian "Alizee La Isla Bonita (Cover)":

For her own songs saying Alizée cover makes much more sense.

This is very interesting. I had noticed on some occasions that when a band is doing a cover song of La Isla Bonita, that they quoted the name of Alizee instead of Madonna. That's kind of hard to believe. Madonna's song was a great song. I would think it would be known world wide but somehow Alizee's version has surpassed it in some places. Maybe because it's more recent or maybe because it's better? I would think this is something that would tick Madonna off!
Old 05-09-2021, 06:47 AM

Old 05-09-2021, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
This is very interesting. I had noticed on some occasions that when a band is doing a cover song of La Isla Bonita, that they quoted the name of Alizee instead of Madonna. That's kind of hard to believe. Madonna's song was a great song. I would think it would be known world wide but somehow Alizee's version has surpassed it in some places. Maybe because it's more recent or maybe because it's better? I would think this is something that would tick Madonna off!
Though "La Isla Bonita is a Madonna song, (she not only initially recorded it, she wrote it, along with Patrick Leonard and Bruce Gaitsch) I much prefer Alizée's version. Of course, I am also not really a Madonna fan. There is no question that Madonna excelled at what it took to become a superstar. Obviously it takes more than talent to get to that place--she made terrific career business decisions in the entertainment world. But, overall, I'm afraid her voice and most of her music never impressed me. That being said, I do admire her song-writing ability, and I very much like this song. It is an interesting piece of trivia that initially the song idea was offered to Michael Jackson for his "Bad" album, but he did not accept it.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Red face

An interesting question!

Asians are often such that they either passionately like the West or they are not interested at all and know nothing about it.

They may not only know the whole Madonna, but they have gotten to know Alizée in some way.

Or if they like Alizée more. On the other hand, I think it’s normal that if you make a cover and like Alizée more, you do it in her name.

Alizée 💜
Old 05-09-2021, 03:41 PM

failax is on a distinguished road

I think Madonna version of La Isla Bonita is way better, maybe Alizée is nicer and delicate respect aggressive impact of Madonna.It's a matter of female preference.

Uncompressed Alizée videos Telegram channel

https://t.me/joinchat/A8uzOFjfKHAuPZQ_-MpzWQ
Old 05-09-2021, 09:29 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Though "La Isla Bonita is a Madonna song, (she not only initially recorded it, she wrote it, along with Patrick Leonard and Bruce Gaitsch) I much prefer Alizée's version. Of course, I am also not really a Madonna fan. There is no question that Madonna excelled at what it took to become a superstar. Obviously it takes more than talent to get to that place--she made terrific career business decisions in the entertainment world. But, overall, I'm afraid her voice and most of her music never impressed me. That being said, I do admire her song-writing ability, and I very much like this song. It is an interesting piece of trivia that initially the song idea was offered to Michael Jackson for his "Bad" album, but he did not accept it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by failax View Post
I think Madonna version of La Isla Bonita is way better, maybe Alizée is nicer and delicate respect aggressive impact of Madonna.It's a matter of female preference.
In the early days, I loved many of Madonna's songs and her performances, but then in the following years and more so in recent years, I lost all respect of her as a person.

I've told the story too many times in here how I worked for an airline and liked to travel and liked to listen to music videos on the flights and that led me to search for more music videos and I was searching for some of Madonna's music when I saw that image of the Youtube icon of Alizee's version of la Isla Bonita and it forever changed my life.

I think Madonna is incredibly talented and incredibly gifted. I enjoy her version of La Isla Bonita. Alizee's and hers are top notch, but because of the person, it will always be the Alizee one I want to watch.

I never realized Madonna offered this song to MJ. I think we're very lucky he didn't sing it. MJ was incredibly talented, but I can't see him turning this into the incredibly beautiful song Madonna did, which led to the incredibly beautiful version Alizée did.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Old 05-12-2021, 09:26 PM