Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-25-2020, 07:55 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
There may even be pics of some of Alizée’s “culinary creations”, for which I make no apologies for, for I’m an “old campaigner”, food does grab my attention, and that lassie can cook! Big time…
Two things I learned from Alizee's "quarantine cooking":

1) She has a serious sweet tooth (OK, I guess this has been obvious for a while, but it was confirmed)

2) She loves to make desserts with strawberries.

Let's make it three:

3) Everything she makes looks delicious!
Old 05-27-2020, 09:13 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

IG posts?

Very, very quickly…

Having some "nasty" little "storms", not sure how long the net is gonna hold up...

So, in a way, we kind of got to spend a day with Alizée, and family…

Cool, or what!?

The “need for a nap”, won…

Sweet, sweet baby girls…

Just, kewl…

Yes, please!

Be good, children…

I was going to say, “don’t do anything that I wouldn’t do”, but then I realized that, that, would give them about 10000000% waaayyy too much “scope”…

So, just, “be good”, little ones…

<And if you can’t “be good”, the “secret” is, just don’t get “caught” >

Sous le ciel bleu D'Ajaccio” “Le championnat régional de planche à voile”, roughly translates as ““Under the blue sky of Ajaccio” “The regional windsurfing championship”…

A very young Jo and Michele…

What a stunning, handsome couple, and, when you look closely at them both, it’s more than obvious where Alizée got her absolutely striking good looks from…

Cute, very talented couple…

Now, “windsurfing”, that takes me back…

There are some things in life, that I really can’t do, and when I say “really can’t”, I mean REALLY...

Amongst these, are: “Ice Skating”; “Roller Skating”; “Surfing”; and; “Windsurfing”, and the reason for this is my size/shape, and the way that I have been “trained” to “move”, all of which result in me having a fairly high centre of balance/gravity…

The result, well, is just not… dignified…

Hmm “windsurfing”…

<Resists the urge to “digress”>

I had a very, very good friend of mine, try to teach me, she was a “tiny little blonde Nordic warrior goddess”, was the “Womens National Champion” for her “age group”, and she could make these boards “dance”. She was just… superb…

And even she could not get “this one” to do it with any kind of skill…

In my defense, I was absolutely “dazzled” by her “wetsuit”, that honestly looked like she had just “sprayed it on”, it was a wee bit “distracting”, and every time she asked me to get up on the board beside her, and “snuggle in” as close “behind her”, as I could, I kind of also got a wee bit “distracted”, yet again…

But, oh my lord, we had “fun”…

I asked her, later, if that was the “teaching method” that she used for all of her students?

Her answer…

No…

That was, “just for me”…

And the “wetsuit”…

That was “just for me”, also…

And, when I told her she “didn’t” have to wear it, “just for me”, then she didn’t…

Talk about “distractions”…

No more “windsurfing” for about the next month or so…

We were waaay more busy, with “other things”...

Sweet, funny, beautiful, tiny, little lady. I miss her, A LOT…

Was never ever able to “windsurf” for shit, though…

To be honest, had more “fun” just “being”, with my friend…

Could this be “one of the secrets of life”, maybe?

Y’all be safe, please…
Old 05-28-2020, 10:52 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
IG posts?

The images from their home at the different times of day are great, this one with the rainbow in particular I like.

Anyone know what this dish is called? Maybe it's just a salad but I'm not too sure

This one is adorable . I'm not sure if someone has the video anywhere but the boomerang clip showed Maggy waddling her feet in the pool which I found gorgeous

Google Translation: it would be cool if mosquitoes this summer also respect the distance of 1 meter

Good sense of humour to have in these times
Old 05-28-2020, 06:16 PM
Neutral Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post

Anyone know what this dish is called? Maybe it's just a salad but I'm not too sure
Mhhmmm…

I believe what we are seeing is a variant of a “Caprese Salad”…

It’s just a very simple salad consisting of sliced Tomato, sliced Mozarella, and, Basil, dressed usually with a simple light, extra virgin Olive oil, and, Salt and Black Pepper, to taste. Sometimes you might include stuff like Arugula, or maybe even broiled or poached Asparagus, but to be honest, simplicity is usually “key” with this recipe...

But, if you are adventurous, there are about a million ways to “gussy up” this particular recipe, just “google it”…

My favourite is adding just a tiny dribble of Lime Crema just before serving, it gives it a tiny little “zing”, not that it needs it though…

Just get yourself some good Sour Cream, or some Mexican Crema, and, add a little Lime zest, to your own particular taste preference, and just do a “little dribble”. It’s refreshingly different, and adds a new “slant” to the taste, without being unduly overpowering…

<Feels hungry, all of a sudden>

Last edited by RedRafe; 05-28-2020 at 11:54 PM..
Old 05-28-2020, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It’s just a very simple salad consisting of sliced Tomato, sliced Mozarella, and, Basil, dressed usually with a simple light, extra virgin Olive oil, and, Salt and Black Pepper, to taste. Sometimes you might include stuff like Arugula, or maybe even broiled or poached Asparagus, but to be honest, simplicity is usually “key” with this recipe...

But, if you are adventurous, there are about a million ways to “gussy up” this particular recipe, just “google it”…

My favourite is adding just a tiny dribble of Lime Crema just before serving, it give it a tiny little “zing”, not that it needs it though…

Just get yourself some good Sour Cream, or some Mexican Crema, and, add a little Lime zest, to your own particular taste preference, and just do a “little dribble”. It’s refreshingly different, and adds a new “slant” to the taste, without being unduly overpowering…
The dish looks refreshing and summery. If this is another Alizee made dish like I think it is, she has some serious culinary skills that can make even dull vegetables fun to eat.

Edit:

Quote:
Google Translation: it would be cool if mosquitoes this summer also respect the distance of 1 meter

Good sense of humour to have in these times
Alizee has a dry sense of humor, which I find the most funny.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 05-28-2020 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-29-2020, 10:54 AM

Default A&G Dance Studio will remain closed for longer than planned

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAxhug5KXYq/

Caption (Google Translate)
Dear students and parents 🖤
We look forward to seeing you again but unfortunately the dance studio will not reopen on June 2. Collective sports lessons being authorized only for groups of 10 people maximum, we prefer to wait a little longer until we can ALL find you with normal operation without constraint of space, staff in the courses, if possible without a mask that hides your smiles, and other sanitary measures that, in our opinion, would make returning to the dance hall more restrictive than pleasant for all of us.
It’s our way of looking at it because
we prefer to take it all together rather than
to resume with only a part of you.
We hope you are well, your costumes for our gala are arriving everyday! We miss you a lot, but just a little more patience and we can finally dance together, share and create memories again!
See you soon #teamAG,

In case anyone was curious as to how things were going for the business. Doesn't look like they've got a date set up for returning yet, based on what's been said they likely won't return until restrictions are lifted completely or very close to doing so.
Looks like they're stuck at home for at least a couple more weeks, hopefully resulting in more wonderful pictures from their place and time for Alizée to do whatever it is she does to occupy herself
Old 05-29-2020, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAxhug5KXYq/

Caption (Google Translate)
Dear students and parents 🖤
We look forward to seeing you again but unfortunately the dance studio will not reopen on June 2. Collective sports lessons being authorized only for groups of 10 people maximum, we prefer to wait a little longer until we can ALL find you with normal operation without constraint of space, staff in the courses, if possible without a mask that hides your smiles, and other sanitary measures that, in our opinion, would make returning to the dance hall more restrictive than pleasant for all of us.
It’s our way of looking at it because
we prefer to take it all together rather than
to resume with only a part of you.
We hope you are well, your costumes for our gala are arriving everyday! We miss you a lot, but just a little more patience and we can finally dance together, share and create memories again!
See you soon #teamAG,

In case anyone was curious as to how things were going for the business. Doesn't look like they've got a date set up for returning yet, based on what's been said they likely won't return until restrictions are lifted completely or very close to doing so.
Looks like they're stuck at home for at least a couple more weeks, hopefully resulting in more wonderful pictures from their place and time for Alizée to do whatever it is she does to occupy herself
Thanks for posting this and the translation.

It's becoming apparent that the easing of lockdown restrictions will come slowly and a return to their normal operation without having to worry about social distancing, touching, masks and sanitation is still a significant time away. Of course they can completely ignore the orders like many Americans seem to be doing lately. What are they going to do, throw Alizee in jail? AAm will have to start taking a collection for bail money for her.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
What are they going to do, throw Alizee in jail? AAm will have to start taking a collection for bail money for her.
That would be horrible
That did remind me though, about the bail money part, who operates the AlizeeAmerica shop on CafePress? I understand most of the production and shipping is done automatically probably through an overseas manufacturer, but there must be someone who put the items up initially and handles the finances, is it a current admin by any chance?
Old 06-01-2020, 06:47 PM
Neutral Good

So…

IG posts?

A couple…

Another really sweet shot of the “tiny, little, little, lady,” in action, first thing…

<G’morning “babe”, and “bébé” >

Just, makes me smile…

Home”.

I wish it was “home”, and you know, sometimes, it would just be so cool to be there, and witness such scenes, with them…

But, there would obviously be… “questions”, if something like that happened…

Questions, like…

Who the hell are you”?
What the hell are you”?
How did you get here”?
<I’d kind of be wondering the same thing, too>
What the hell are you doing in my back yard”?
<Also wondering, as above>
Is that my wine you are drinking”?
<Oops!>
Did you really, really just eat the LAST bit of my pie”?
<Mhhmmm, and it was good!>

And then, “things” would probably get “complicated” and involve other “people”, such as, “Le Gendarmerie”, “Le Swat”, “Le French Foreign Legion”, and “Le Big Bitey Dogs, with canine teeth like bananas, with names that sounded like German or Belgian words for “DEATH”…

None of which I regard as having a, “good outcome”…

Sometimes, it’s just, better, to live “vicariously”, through the “eyes” of others..…

Aw maaann, Johann and his guys started without us…

Notice there is mostly just Heineken left…

Oh well, as long as it is cold…

Looks like the guys had a visitor, or two, on Sunday…

Very nicely done shot, and, look who it was done by. Are there more of “these”, out there, somewhere!?

Another really cool shot, this time, by Jo. That gentleman has a lot of talent, like his stuff a lot…

Happy 4 ma patate” roughly translates as “Happy 4 my potato”.

Sweet, sweet boy, guarding the “most valuable things”, as always…

I think to myself, a Samoyed would fit into my “pack”, of Huskies, Corgis, and Schnauzers, perfectly…

‘N then I think of the 4 ½ to 5 hours that it would take to groom it into a “show worthy” state, and that thought goes away, FAST…

Funny, that…

Les gens qui jettent leur masque parterre, vous avez peur de quoi? Que la poubelle vous eternue a la tronche”, roughly translates as “People who throw their mask on the ground, what are you afraid of? Let the trash sneeze at you.

Yet again, in posting this, her sense of humour "cracks me up". It’s slightly “dry”, and almost kind of, “British”…

<Totally wasted on “them thar” Corsicans, and that “cutesy dancer boy”, “Wossisface”, that she married, according to one of my “associates”>

<Sigh>

<True, that >

Y’all please take care, please be safe, and keep wearing your masks! Don’t want anything happening to any of you! ‘K!
Old 06-03-2020, 05:36 PM
Neutral Good

So…

IG posts?

Again, a couple…

Another really “supersweet” pic of the “tiny”, “little”, “little” lady, “in action”, “first thing”…

A thing that I notice about this little one is that she is so "alert", so "busy", and so "active" for her age, which, trust me, is a very wonderful thing…

Y’know, I do believe that mayhap Alizée has successfully “passed on” her “x-factor”…

<I wonder, was this what I was “hanging around” to see? Is it, “time”? >

Anyhow…

<G’morning “babe ”, “bébé”, Greg and Annily >

Now, this is a “screenie” of a little “story” post in which they do a little “sweep” of part of the room, which, is very nicely done. I like it a lot, but, meh “new-agey” self would have a wee bit more “protection” in there...

Now, it looks like their place may be a “modern conversion” or “renovation” of a really nice “older” property, and my only “qualm” would be that it is going to be hot in the summer, and maybe a wee bit cold in the winter, for I’m not seeing a lot of “upper” insulation there, but, taking into account all of the pics that I have seen so far, this is a really nice place. LOVE IT…

<Apologies, but, long, long ago, far, far away, early in my military career, as an engineer, I used to “flip” properties, as a “hobby”, (for “stupid” amounts of “profit”), waay before "flipping" became “trendy”, and the “in thing”, for “wannabee diy’ers”, and when I see a nice property like that, I just can’t help slipping into “evaluation mode” .>

Sweet boy, “chillin’ out”, by the pool…

He definitely has the right idea…

Y’all stay safe, be cool, and just generally be, “wonderful”, to each other, ‘k.

Oh, and keep your darn mask on!