Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
Thanks. I plan on breaking it in tomorrow when I go to the range. It says it has 1.5" MOA at 100 yards guarantee with factory ammo, but once I start reloading the ammo, I know I can do better than that.

I assume you have a .308. If I may ask, what model?
Ptr91 on top with Hensoldt ZF scope and Cetme on bottom. the PTR will hit about any target I set the sights on, I use handloaded Hornady SST's over a 41 gr. charge of IMR 4895 in Lake City nato spec brass. Haven't shot the Cetme much yet still doing some trouble shooting on the Century monkey build, but it seems to be pretty accurate thus far.

another of the PTR right after mounting the Hensoldt on Christmas eve 2 years ago

A 5 round mags I made for them with some surplus ammo I had sitting around and some 110 gr hollowpoint handloads

Most of my rifles are in a .30 cal of some sort.

Regards,

Jung

Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

I'm relatively new to the firearms world, as I turned 18 last year, but my first rifle is the SIG 556 Classic SWAT mounted with a Nikon-M223 1-4x scope. I load that with 75 gr. Hornady BTHP over 24.7 gr. Hogdon Varget in Remington brass for accurate shooting. If I'm messing around, I'll just buy some 55 gr. Remington UMC. It's not as accurate, but it's cheap.

My second gun is a Remington 870 Express 26" 12 gauge. Nothing special, just use it to trap shoot, maybe hunting in the future.

My most recent is the Weatherby Vanguard Sporter mounted with a Redfield Revolution 4-12x. I haven't really looked into how I am going to handload this yet. Today I just used some Remington Core Lokt 150gr. to break in the barrel. It was shooting as advertised (about 1-1.5" groupings @ 100 yds.), but I know it can do better. I did manage to hit a few pop cans at 200 yds. Once I find the right load, there is an old Blackwater Training Site with a 600 yd range me and a friend plan on trying out.

I really want to get an M1A, but right now they are just too expensive.

After I turn 21, I plan on purchasing a Sig P226 9mm, and a 1911 of some kind. Still haven't decided on a company, though I am leaning towards either a Springfield Armory GI, Remington 1911R1 or a Sig 1911 Nitron.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:54 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
I'm relatively new to the firearms world, as I turned 18 last year, but my first rifle is the SIG 556 Classic SWAT mounted with a Nikon-M223 1-4x scope. I load that with 75 gr. Hornady BTHP over 24.7 gr. Hogdon Varget in Remington brass for accurate shooting. If I'm messing around, I'll just buy some 55 gr. Remington UMC. It's not as accurate, but it's cheap.

My second gun is a Remington 870 Express 26" 12 gauge. Nothing special, just use it to trap shoot, maybe hunting in the future.

My most recent is the Weatherby Vanguard Sporter mounted with a Redfield Revolution 4-12x. I haven't really looked into how I am going to handload this yet. Today I just used some Remington Core Lokt 150gr. to break in the barrel. It was shooting as advertised (about 1-1.5" groupings @ 100 yds.), but I know it can do better. I did manage to hit a few pop cans at 200 yds. Once I find the right load, there is an old Blackwater Training Site with a 600 yd range me and a friend plan on trying out.

I really want to get an M1A, but right now they are just too expensive.

After I turn 21, I plan on purchasing a Sig P226 9mm, and a 1911 of some kind. Still haven't decided on a company, though I am leaning towards either a Springfield Armory GI, Remington 1911R1 or a Sig 1911 Nitron.
I always liked the 556 they are rather nice shooters. And 870s are a rather bulletproof shotgun design.

M1A's can be fun but I'm a bit of a fan of the Delayed Roller Blowback design so I stick with them for now.

As for handloads for .308 I'd honestly go with Noslers in the Accubond or the Hornady A-max depends on what you want to do with them if you plan on any medium game hunting I'd definitely go with the Accubond, if you just plan on shooting paper it's hard to beat the A-max. SST's like I have are also rather good for hunting and quite accurate, but I think when I finish loading what I have left I'm gonna switch over to the accubonds, they are quite amazing out of my .300 win mag in the 180 gr variety. so I might buy a box for the .308 in 150 gr. as that seems to be what my rifle likes as it is set up to Nato specs. I've had good luck with IMR 4895 for powder, it's about as close as you get to the original Military load powder for it. I've heard a lot of people have good results with Varget though so could stick with one powder. and in the same sense 4895 also works well in .223. something to play around with a bit I guess.

Sig also makes a fine handgun I don't know anyone who has been disapointed with a 226. 1911's are quite a fun gun to use too very simple and mild recoil if you ask me. I run a Rock Island Commander model, Rock Island can have a little issue with feeding hollow points but all you have to do is polish the feed ramp up a bit and it'll do fine. probably the best 250 I've spent on a pistol to be honest. I've likes the springfields and sig 1911s I've shot too haven't got a chance to use a Remington Rand yet though . My favorite auto is still the HK P7 however, and I've grown to really love Revolvers over this summer xD Smith and Wesson is about the only way to go in the wheelgun department though either that or Ruger.

My 1911 xD

and some of my favorite loads...

I like to moly coat all my copper bullets too reduces friction and fouling.

Regards,

Jung

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 10-18-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I've grown to really love Revolvers over this summer xD Smith and Wesson is about the only way to go in the wheelgun department though either that or Ruger.
I've always been a fan of old Wild West revolvers like the Colt SAA or S&W Model 3. Something about the folklore of that time period makes them really attractive. I definitely plan on picking up one of those in the future.

Then again, there's always the S&W Model 29, "the most powerful handgun in the world."

Old 10-18-2011, 09:21 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
I've always been a fan of old Wild West revolvers like the Colt SAA or S&W Model 3. Something about the folklore of that time period makes them really attractive. I definitely plan on picking up one of those in the future.

Then again, there's always the S&W Model 29, "the most powerful handgun in the world."

I'd rather like a single action wheelgun in 32-20 or 45 colt too.

thinking of a S&W 629 in either .44 mag or .41 mag here soon too

Regards,

Jung

Old 10-18-2011, 09:30 PM

I have a co-worker that claims that his first gun is going to be a Smith and Wesson M500. Keep in mind he never has shot nor held a real gun. I told him he should at least start with a .22, but he insisted. I have a feeling he will end up like this.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dFJjaj7pXsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That would make me very happy.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:36 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

I know a rather big guy like 6'6" 350 lbs+ that had a snub nose .500 and he got rid of it rather fast as he couldn't stand to put a full cylinder through it. I think the biggest I'd go is with a .454 casull probably in a Ruger Super Redhawk. Would still like a .41 mag though, damn near had a chance at a Desert Eagle in .41 mag too, but the price wasn't quite right.

Also she obviously has a terrible grip with her supporting hand.

Regards,

Jung

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 10-18-2011 at 09:40 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I know a rather big guy like 6'6" 350 lbs+ that had a snub nose .500 and he got rid of it rather fast as he couldn't stand to put a full cylinder through it. I think the biggest I'd go is with a .454 casull probably in a Ruger Super Redhawk. Would still like a .41 mag though, damn near had a chance at a Desert Eagle in .41 mag too, but the price wasn't quite right.

Also she obviously has a terrible grip with her supporting hand.

Regards,

Jung
Yeah, my co-worker is like 5'11" 180+. I doubt he will stand a chance. I am curious as to how powerful the recoil is though.

I've never been a huge fan of desert eagles for two reasons. I've always thought they look ugly. The second reason can be summed up in 4 words:Call Of Duty Fags. It is a DESERT EAGLE not a DEAGLE
Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Posting from my iPhone so it may be rife with misspellings. I just had to share this with you guys.

My band director took me into his office after practice today and told me he wanted me to be the drum major for our band next year. The drum major is the "leader" of the marching band and is responsible for, among many behind-the-scenes duties, conducting the band during the show, using hand gestures to tell them where to go, how to play, what time to keep, etc.

This is really exciting for me because not only does the drum major conduct the band's music, they are also meant to be a friend to every member of the band and a role model. It makes me so happy that my band director saw enough in me to put me in that position.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Congratuwelldone Azhiri.