Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 08-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Half Dog Half Human

FireCanine is on a distinguished road

as someone said before, seems like we can't please everyone lol
Old 08-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

hey man, don't please me! im just throwing suggestions out there.
I JUST WANT A BLOODY T-SHIRT TO WEAR AROUND! now that im going to college, i no longer have a car to drive around in raping everyones ears with her music.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:25 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking Hey, Wha' Happun?

Boy, I wasn't gone that long. Where'd the whole party go?

(Don't worry, I know, I was keeping up, just had nothing new to contribute.)

But in a way, this totally reminds me of something I found while looking up different flags. Some guy invented a new "world flag" by tracing all the existing flags. It looked like this:

Anyway, I still love Ruroshen's bold, 2D styling of the design, but i was hung up on trying to get other flags into the picture. With varying degrees of success. I'm quite ready now to give up on the additional flags, but first let me show you all a couple attempts:

This first pic was just to try to show the logo with black background, like wasabi said.

Then I started downloading separate flags to add. Pretty soon I had several dozen, which was getting ridiculous. We really do have people from a lot of different places here! Plus, once you add Belgium and the Netherlands, you're kinda stuck with Luxembourg too.

So then I just found some round, composite-flag graphics to add. Here is one.

And here is one where I did a couple shocking changes. Besides the ring of flags, I moved the Gecko. And I screwed with the "A". Hold on, lemme 'xplain!

I wanted us to be able to copyright the image or something (simple as adding the '(c)' line in the image below). Yes, my business gears flaring up again.. Anyway, we couldn't do that if it's already infringing on somebody else's copyright. Which the "A" could be construed to be.

So to make a new "A", I traced her hair. See if you can guess which photo it's from!

Like I said, I could give up on the extra flags. But I do wish we'd rethink the "A". Even if it's not this way. But I do kinda like this "hairpiece" thing. Here goes:

Huh? Hey? Come back to this thread, someone? Anyone?

Anyway, that's what I got. Correspondingly, Chuck.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 AM
Traceur

Fyrel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Boy, I wasn't gone that long. Where'd the whole party go?

(Don't worry, I know, I was keeping up, just had nothing new to contribute.)

But in a way, this totally reminds me of something I found while looking up different flags. Some guy invented a new "world flag" by tracing all the existing flags. It looked like this:

Anyway, I still love Ruroshen's bold, 2D styling of the design, but i was hung up on trying to get other flags into the picture. With varying degrees of success. I'm quite ready now to give up on the additional flags, but first let me show you all a couple attempts:

This first pic was just to try to show the logo with black background, like wasabi said.

Then I started downloading separate flags to add. Pretty soon I had several dozen, which was getting ridiculous. We really do have people from a lot of different places here! Plus, once you add Belgium and the Netherlands, you're kinda stuck with Luxembourg too.

So then I just found some round, composite-flag graphics to add. Here is one.

And here is one where I did a couple shocking changes. Besides the ring of flags, I moved the Gecko. And I screwed with the "A". Hold on, lemme 'xplain!

I wanted us to be able to copyright the image or something (simple as adding the '(c)' line in the image below). Yes, my business gears flaring up again.. Anyway, we couldn't do that if it's already infringing on somebody else's copyright. Which the "A" could be construed to be.

So to make a new "A", I traced her hair. See if you can guess which photo it's from!

Like I said, I could give up on the extra flags. But I do wish we'd rethink the "A". Even if it's not this way. But I do kinda like this "hairpiece" thing. Here goes:

Huh? Hey? Come back to this thread, someone? Anyone?

Anyway, that's what I got. Correspondingly, Chuck.
The hair idea is really unique. It's worth experimenting with, I think, maybe even as its own logo. There's the issue of Alizée constantly changing her hairstyle (as people are wont to do), but the idea definitely has potential.

Être et durer.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:15 AM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
hey man, don't please me! im just throwing suggestions out there.
I JUST WANT A BLOODY T-SHIRT TO WEAR AROUND! now that im going to college, i no longer have a car to drive around in raping everyones ears with her music.
I am in the process of making one right NOW!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Hi Chuck,

I really do like the design with the flag-sphere in the background even if it is moving away from the idea of simplicity.

As for the second, "hair symbol" design, I must admit that I didn't make the connection to the letter A until you pointed it out. I thought that perhaps Alizée was being blindfolded, as if she were "nationality-blind."

Perhaps sunglasses might connect the two sides of hair better to form a more elegant A?

Old 08-19-2009, 02:00 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Cool Sunglasses? Hmmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
Hi Chuck,

I really do like the design with the flag-sphere in the background even if it is moving away from the idea of simplicity.

As for the second, "hair symbol" design, I must admit that I didn't make the connection to the letter A until you pointed it out. I thought that perhaps Alizée was being blindfolded, as if she were "nationality-blind."

Perhaps sunglasses might connect the two sides of hair better to form a more elegant A?
Thanks! And thanks Fyrel, too! (Anthem, can't wait to see what you did!) As for sunglasses, that's good, I'll try it. But I like the suggestion of "nationality-blindness" Toc mentions. I was sorta thinkin the rectangle-across-the-eyes represented Alizee's relative anonymity in the states, in a way that might even make people more curious about her. Or it could even suggest the way US radio and record labels have "blanked" her out from the US markets...

I confess, I also did the rectangle because it was fast and easy. And because it seemed the best way to make an "A". But sunglasses, maybe that could work...
Old 08-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

So I've been gone for a few days and subsequently out of the loop, but my final favorite design is this one, Ruroshen:

I think the pole toppers I suggested should be left off, or made almost half their size (actually the pole bottoms could be a little smaller, but now I'm just nitpicking ). We could tweak and adjust forever and still not please everyone... But as Ruroshen's excellent work stemming from my idea, I think it's just about a wrap.

I also like the wavy flags as a variation to be maintained in parallel, though I agree that the 2-D make a more clear a bold statement.

Love the gecko, personally. I also like the additional personal element from Alizée.

About the incorporating world flags into the design... I'm for it if it's developed as a separate variation of the main design. But also, I envisioned the symbol to symbolize France-Alizée-American unity, not Alizée America the site itself which is clearly a much more international entity. And so I would only really support including other American flags. Not that I want to exclude the World of Alizée, but then the other major symbols particular to both the USA and France (the Torch of the Statue of Liberty which exists in New York and two locations in France; and the US and French flags dominant) would themselves be out of place... Such an international scope was not the intention of my original idea, which is also why I've never been advocating that this symbol represent this site in any "official" capacity per se.

Last edited by CFHollister; 08-19-2009 at 09:02 PM..
Old 08-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
I am in the process of making one right NOW!
once yer done, can i see it? i'll pay money for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
B

freaking LOVE it!

Last edited by wasabi622; 08-19-2009 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-20-2009, 02:53 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Angry re: CFHollister's last comments here...

Dear Esteemed CFHollister,

First, another big thank you! You were the one who "thought up" this current logo, and started this whole process off. We owe you one! But I gotta talk to you bout what you say, two comments up:

Look, you can criticize my contributions, you can criticize me. I won't take it personally. I'm not married to the "ring o' flags", like I said. I'm just trying to contribute.

But when you say you never intended for your "Alizée America Logo/Symbol" to represent this site, well, intended or not, I don't think you can really say that anymore.

In Post #1 here, from you:

"I've had an idea for, what I think would be, an awesome logo/symbol for Alizée America ... Between the bottom ends of the flagpoles, is "Alizée America" in Alizée hand as the logo here on the site."

So, CF, you had a lot of us thinking from the start, that you meant for this "Alizée America Logo/Symbol" to represent this site. To represent us. You can see where we might've gotten that idea, right? I mean, you can't just ask Google to help you put out ads that say "Google", with Google logos, then later claim they don't really represent Google, can you?

And more importantly, who's been working this logo? Ruroshen and other members of the Alizée America Forum, that's who-- including you! You can do whatever you want, of course, go make your own Alizée hat or shirt or bolo tie or jockstrap with this, or use part of it, or use any logo you wish. But you cannot, good sir, no you cannot say now or ever that this communally-developed masterpiece does not represent us! No sir, you may not take this away from us! Not anymore!

In other words, sorry, but I do like OUR logo. I like the fact that it's better already (BECAUSE OF ALIZÉE AMERICA) than if any of us had just done it alone.

So I propose we should let this thread keep going for another week or two, without all the negativity!

Let's let a few more people comment, or try other changes, and wait to see what Anthem gets. For quite a while there, this thread was exciting and fun! And some good things could still actually come of it, if we just see it through to some conclusion we (mostly) all agree on!

So, CF, sorry to go all Victorian on you there, but man, you can't just bail on your baby now. You can't just talk like you're pulling the plug or the funding or your endorsements away. So you might as well relax and enjoy it!

Most Respectfully, Chuck.