Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Will Une Enfant Du Siecle be successful?
Very Successful 11 44.00%
Somewhat Successful 7 28.00%
Average 5 20.00%
Not At All 0 0%
Not as successful as her other albums 2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 01:25 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Have you all heard that Ueds has had poor album sales? That's what Jung told me lol!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Have you all heard that Ueds has had poor album sales? That's what Jung told me lol!
Really.................? No way get out of town................ your joking right?
This is all news to me ...............

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 12-17-2010, 01:44 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

FRA I'm glad to see you survived the debate and peace was made among all involved. I think emotions are running high concerning our sweet Alizee and her current musical career. Fans just want the best for her as I believe you do. Have a wonderful Christmas FRA and for that matter Merry Christmas to all Alizee America members.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
FRA I'm glad to see you survived the debate and peace was made among all involved. I think emotions are running high concerning our sweet Alizee and her current musical career. Fans just want the best for her as I believe you do. Have a wonderful Christmas FRA and for that matter Merry Christmas to all Alizee America members.
Thanks man! Bleh it was just a miss communication between us but yea I understand, we all want the best for Alizee. Merry Christmas bro and happy holidays to all!
(My last final is tomorrow and then im freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!)

Old 12-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Thanks man! Bleh it was just a miss communication between us but yea I understand, we all want the best for Alizee. Merry Christmas bro and happy holidays to all!
(My last final is tomorrow and then im freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!)
Bah Humbug

Quote:
Really.................? No way get out of town................ your joking right?
This is all news to me ...............

Dude same here
Old 12-17-2010, 02:10 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

i look at it this way:....eh. ball was dropped, and it got lost rolling down the hill. it happens. she'll just have to find herself a new ball.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:15 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
i look at it this way:....eh. ball was dropped, and it got lost rolling down the hill. it happens. she'll just have to find herself a new ball.
I think Walmart is having a sale on balls.... she should just get a new one there
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ball-Pit-B...ndingMethod=rr

Welp time will only tell what she will do

Old 12-17-2010, 02:15 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
Hopefully its a nice and shiny one And hopefully it doesn't have Mylene's name on it
Old 12-17-2010, 05:57 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

Quote:
Considering how much we talk .

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-17-2010, 03:08 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
In response to FRA's post:

I agree with you that it was a commercial failure, but you not liking any of the songs on the album was just opinion, and therefore it can still be a musical success.

Une Enfant Du Siecle being a musical success only matters to her fans, so in our eyes in can be a musical success. To her non-fans, well, they don't really even know about the album so why does their opinion matter? The only thing that matters is what us fans think of it, because we are the only ones that pay attention to her. So, it can be a musical success if we want it to or we can view it as a musical failure, take your pick!

Edit:

And in my opinion...well...just read:

The song has reached the top 3 in iTunes Italy and the top 75 in iTunes France. The music video for the song topped the Top 10 music videos chart in MTV Latin America north.
[edit]Chart performance
Une enfant du siècle entered the French Albums Chart at #24 on April 3, 2010, making this her worst performing studio album to date. In its second week, it dropped to #69, spending only 2 weeks in the top 100 and 6 weeks in the top 200, it also peaked at #13 on the digital chart but only spent 1 week in the top 50. In Mexico, the album started at #22 and spent 5 weeks in the top 100. The album has sold just around twenty-thousand copies worldwide.

Chart (2010) Peak position
Belgian (Wallonia) Albums Chart 60
French Albums Chart 24
French Digital Albums Chart 13
Mexican Albums Chart 22
----------------------------------

It did much better than I thought it would...It actually reached the top 100 in several countries...
Quote:
Selling 20 thousand albums is nowhere near a success, you know how much money Alizee makes on that......... she gets AT BEST 2 euros per cd sold.... that means she walked away with 40,000 euros (and I still think there's taxes to be taken away on top of that) ........ that's nothing! I am going to be making 55,000 dollars per year right out of college, just to put things in perspective there. Even the profit for the record company on this was probably extremely small.... so that is in no way a success. In terms of fans, look at this site alone.... activity from members is probably at its lowest point since I first joined .... now that has nothing to do with the site itself but everything to do with the interest in Alizee. So what does that tell you, interest in Alizee is at an all time low. She most certainly lost a lot of fans from this album and I can bet you almost anything Alizee is not happy with the outcome as well; I mean how could she be? Im sure fans arent happy about concerts being canceled on the spur of the moment but I dont know maybe im crazy and fans love that! Now that is not a success unless one lives in fantasy land! Yes I still like Alizee and have the deepest respect and admiration for her as well as im still a fan of hers, but im sorry people I am a realist not an idealist like many people in this world like to be! I learned in engineering real quick that ideal equations almost never work in the real world.... and it is the same with whats going on with Alizee. Wake up people.... if you keep saying "Alizee's sh*t dont stink" it is not helping her develop her music! We as true fans have to let her know what specifically we didnt like.... it is our jobs as true fans to offer her honest feed back even if it may hurt her a little bit.... it will most certainly pay off in the long run. She is a grown women, older than many members on this forum, she doesn't need our protection so stop making it like she is a little girl; give it to her straight and drop the sugar coating!
FRA~
You are missing Aaron's point, FRA. You keep on focusing at the "commercial" side of UEDS. It may not be a commercial success, but that does not mean UEDS is a bad album.

I look at it like I look at movies. There are many Academy award winning movies that bombed at the box office, such as The Hurt Locker, which won 6 Academy awards including Best Picture, but did poorly at the box office ($48M). On the other hand, you have stupid movies such as Scary Movie that earned $278M. Now,while SM was a commercial success and THL was considered a failure, does that make SM a BETTER movie than THL? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

There are a lot of actors, directors, singers, songwriters who would rather have the recognition than commercial success. Even ordinary folks like us sometimes would take less money doing what we make us happy.

We don't know what Alizee's intentions are, but I doubt it's all about money. Otherwise, she would not have quit for three years at the height of her career to get married and raise a family. Or break up with MF and LB and her Lolita image. And other stuff that only she could explain (promotion, concerts, etc).

Bottom line: If you are a real fan, then you'll continue to support her work. On the other hand, if you were just a love-struck kid longing for the Lolita days to return, then it's time to move on.

Last edited by Jake04; 12-17-2010 at 03:54 PM..
Closed Thread