Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't say the JEAM costume was degrading and when Alizée returned with her second album and performed on the Hit Machine wearing it, every fan on certain Alizée forums went " Gaga " over the whole performance more than the actual costume.
You have to remember JEAM got to No4 and I don't just believe that was because Alizée had been away for a couple of years. I personally luv that outfit, but it was the way that Alizée danced and the fun and joy that she had with it that was so amazing to me.
The performance was done tastefully and if anything Christina Aguillera's " Dirty " video that was being played around the same time could be considered more degrading.
Anyway after all is said and done, the French public didn't like the outfit and Alizée started performing JEAM wearing trousers which must've been hard for Alizée to perform her amazing dance moves in. I personally believe the French public over reacted because Madonna has worn more revealing outfits and she's considered the queen of Pop!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 10-30-2007, 03:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think it's obvious by the look on her face she enjoyed it. She's at the stage of her career where she can't believe how popular she is and how much her fans, male or female enjoy looking at her.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:09 AM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

it's not degrading, especially since she was enjoying it, i mean she wasn't being vulgar, just dancing to a beautiful song, and looking great in the dress she had to wear for it, until they changed it to trousers, though she still looks great in them trousers i must say.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:42 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

My two cents: NO!
I don't think she had a problem with it. The first video I saw of Alizée was the JEAM 2003-03-15. One of the things I really liked about that particular performance was her big smile at the beginning. If she was faking that happy look, she's a master of that. I think we must be careful about thinking she is too shy. She said that when she gets on stage and does her performance she isn't nervous or shy anymore. I believe that. If she's shy, I think that's relative to certain other people.

I don't think she thought it was degrading at all and said she was surprised at people's reaction to the outfit good and bad. I find it a bit disturbing that some people would react especially negatively toward it. Maybe she was just too good/too sexy and they felt threatened by it or because when she did ML they thought it was cute, but then she became too old for young kid cute. I think she was a bit embarrassed by the JPVA thing because people put photos out and made a big deal about it rather than just enjoying the performance and leaving it at that.

I think she's all the more appealing and sexy because she didn't play it "hot and heavy" like so many other similar performers including Britney, Agular, etc. It's like she just has it and they have to "work it" or something. I don't know. That's not a good explanation either. But, it was perhaps more natural in her mind. That is, she's naturally not a slut and that shows and therefore is not degrading. (perhaps a bit of a tease though - she's coy, a coquette and that's what we like, that's what it is - it's an art that seems to have died and was brought to life grandiose by Alizée "my coquettish queen")

Merci Fanny
Old 11-07-2007, 03:54 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I think we must be careful about thinking she is too shy. She said that when she gets on stage and does her performance she isn't nervous or shy anymore. I believe that. If she's shy, I think that's relative to certain other people.
Concur. You can be a very shy person when it comes to other people and social environments, while at the same time being able to perform comfortably when exercising one's skills in a group, speech, or entertainment environment. I know....because I am, and I do.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:52 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Just found this old thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
OK, well I have an opinionated question...
do you think that the j'en ai marre dance was degrading to alizee?
Seeing all those people watching her butt when she turned over, and every man yelling and cheering, she must have hated doing it! She probably was forced by mylene.. because she NEVER looks happy when she does it..
Huh? She never looked happy? Watch her performance on TOTP in April 2003. She was wearing the short version of the sailor costume and from the look on her face when she started her "butt solo" I would say she loved it.
Anyway, I don't think the performance itself was degrading but the way some nitwits react to it (i.e. "I want to f*ck you"-comments on youtube) can be.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Fan number 1 in Brazil!

Nicolas is on a distinguished road
Post That's hard!

We can't just try to guess what were her thoughts and if she liked or not doing this kind of dance!
In my opinion it gets vulgar at the time it's not discret and doesn't have anything to do with the music... The costume has something to do with the music and the lyrics but it's not her fault, if someone should be pointed as guilty by this costume is Myléne, who designed all her clothes...

__________________________________________________ ______
Old 03-16-2008, 08:30 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

What's wrong with the costume? I think it's great.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:48 PM

lethalsilicong5 is on a distinguished road

we should text alizee and ask her ourselves ^_^
Old 03-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalsilicong5 View Post
we should text alizee and ask her ourselves ^_^
She's already answered the question. The answer is no, she didn't find it degrading and doesn't regret any of it.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716