Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-19-2007, 10:46 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Doppelgänger baby
You just like that word, don't you. I think we're saying the same things here. I'll just point out that while I agree I also recognize the mundane possibility that the other lady just thought Alizée's tattoo was cool and decided to get one too.

I think I've watched this video and that Grand Journal more than anything else of Alizée's in anywhere near the same time period. After looking at different things each time, I noticed that the "blacks'" dance is not quite the same as the "pinks'". The moves of all the dancers do seem to work with the music. I think perhaps I like the moves of the blacks better, but anyway together the video has a more impressive expressive quality. I'm trying to say that I'm getting used to this video and the dance moves they do seem at least to be appropriate or the video has integrity in the way it moves, especially if you have the right/particular interpretation of the events/transitions. It's better now that I think I understand it better than the first impression based mostly just on certain movements and overall image. It was a good effort. Good job, Alizée.

It does look like milk. The only "empty" spots I can see are actually the woman's knees coming out of the milk. And yes, on the floor it looks like milk too. I don't see what difference that makes though.

Merci Fanny
Old 11-19-2007, 10:56 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

I had a weird (and tangential) thought. Remember the fight at the end of Superman III? Where the evil Superman eventually bifurcates, Clark Kent emerges from him, they battle, then Clark Kent emerges victorious, and finally unveils his Superman costume underneath. Perhaps this is what happens with the girl in black victorious. What is the tattoo of the girl in black in the very last scene? Is it the same hollow Tinkerbell, or is it a full, authentic Tinkerbell?

EDIT: It's a vaguely amusing thought to imagine Alizée coming here and laughing her *** off reading this thread about our wild and wilder theories about the layers of meaning in her video.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Anyone notice the big Tink statue next to that cake which Lili samples as she's being dragged by the arm?

Also, how about her changing outfits during the vid. She appears in pink obviously and the all black girl is supposed to represent her too, but during some parts Alizee is dressed in a combination of pink (top) and black (bottom). Do you think it's just her acting as a narrator or perhaps to represent Juliette being torn between the two sides?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Sous haute-tension

dan is on a distinguished road

Well, if fsquared is going to bring up doppelgangers AND Superman, I'm going to get a bit esoteric too...

Perhaps the girl in black represents the shadow aspect of Juliette's persona? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_%28psychology%29). The shadow aspect contains the repressed and suppressed aspects of the conscious self. These are parts of our personality that most of us don't readily admit to or project outward. Much of Jungian psychology involves reconciling a person's conscious ego with their shadow aspect.

So perhaps the pink and black characters just represent these different aspects struggling within Juliette. The battle is a personal transformation, and in the end her mask is removed.

fsquared: It would have been really interesting if they changed, or even removed, her tattoo at the end, but I don't think they did after looking at the higher res video.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE View Post
Anyone notice the big Tink statue next to that cake which Lili samples as she's being dragged by the arm?

Also, how about her changing outfits during the vid. She appears in pink obviously and the all black girl is supposed to represent her too, but during some parts Alizee is dressed in a combination of pink (top) and black (bottom). Do you think it's just her acting as a narrator or perhaps to represent Juliette being torn between the two sides?
The Tink has been mentioned, I believe.
I'm inclined to believe the "omniscient narrator" interpretation of the differently/dressed Alizée.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:29 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm inclined to believe the "omniscient narrator" interpretation of the differently/dressed Alizée.
L'alter ego...
Old 11-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

high five to you espire
Old 11-20-2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
L'alter ego...
Well, we're talking about the one in the top and dress who walks around and comments on things (e.g. peeking under the mask, showing how limp the arm of one girl is).
Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
EDIT: It's a vaguely amusing thought to imagine Alizée coming here and laughing her *** off reading this thread about our wild and wilder theories about the layers of meaning in her video.
That would be hilarious if she were to just think to herself "I just wanted to make a cool video" (but in French, of course).
Old 11-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
That would be hilarious if she were to just think to herself "I just wanted to make a cool video" (but in French, of course).
That may well be the case. A lot of the symbolism probably comes from the director. I'm sure he went over it with her, but it may not have been her main concern.