Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Then again maybe it was written for her and maybe that's why I would post the video.

Regards,

Jung
Then again maybe it would have turned out to be biggest hit ever selling over a billion copies all over the world.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:51 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Then again maybe it would have turned out to be biggest hit ever selling over a billion copies all over the world.
Just answering the question that was asked, not whether it would have been a hit or not.

Regards,

Jung

Old 07-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Just answering the question that was asked, not whether it would have been a hit or not.

Regards,

Jung
Yeah, I know that.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:59 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well you would have thought something like this would have happened to me. It's no secret that I'm not much of a fan of Psych and though I think UEDS was an improvement, it still pales in comparison to MEC and Gour and to be perfectly honest I cant stand the re-orchestrated versions of her earlier songs.

So why am I still a fan? I still love listening to those earlier songs day after day after day. I can't figure out how I can listen to those songs so often and not grow tired of them. I've been around a while and nothing like this has ever come even close to happening before. Maybe there will come a day when I'll hop into my truck and after the cd starts playing, I'll hit the eject button and start listening to local radio stations again. Something I haven't done for over 3 and 1/2 years. Maybe then I will stop being a fan. I think that will be a sad day indeed. I don't think I can effectively convey how much enjoyment this beautiful young French woman has brought into my life.

Another reason I'm still a fan, for the most part I didn't like Psych, but PLP was as beautiful song as any of her earlier ones which shows me as long as she keeps her career going, there is a chance for more beautiful music.

I'm sure some people think I'm obsessed with her and I guess in a way I am, but not in the way they're thinking. I'm not saying I fantasize about different women from time to time, but when I fantasize about them, I don't fantasize about her. But I do think about her all the time, and there is a difference.

After apparently 2 straight disappointing albums, at least in the eyes of the French people where it matters the most, I'm worried about her career. That's one reason I did what I did with the radio ads. I think she could have the same type of success here, that she did in Mexico a few years ago, if she just got some type of major exposure, and that's what I'm thinking about all the time. How to promte her?

During the summer, I go fishing with my brother just about every week off of Cape Cod. It's a 2 hour drive down to his place and I don't have to tell you what I'm usually thinking about. Last week I was looking at all the overpasses and thinking, maybe there's a way to post pictures up there. Then a bus passed by with an ad on the bus and I thought maybe I should look up how much it costs to place one of them.

This week when I was driving down, the thought entered my head of maybe looking up different djs you hire for parties and maybe sending them one of her remixes to see if they'd consider playing it. Thoughts like this are constantly going through my mind. So I do think I'm some what obsessed, but not in a bad way, or am I just kidding myself?
So this addiction of affliction or what ever you call it shows no sign of letting up with me, so I think I can safely say I'm still a fan and will be for a while to come.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-20-2010 at 10:01 PM..
Old 07-20-2010, 10:26 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I know i've said it before and will probably say it again...to the point of being really irritating but...

She NEEDS to tour!
She needs to promote herself? No point in us doing it if she isn't prepared to do it for herself?
Releasing an album without touring to promote it is commercial suicide.
Not being critical (well, a bit) but it's the truth.

It seems to me that this is what she wants. What the record company want may be an entirely different thing?
If she is happy with poor sales then so be it......
But she is the only person who can do something about it....not us?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:31 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
I know i've said it before and will probably say it again...to the point of being really irritating but...

She NEEDS to tour!
She needs to promote herself? No point in us doing it if she isn't prepared to do it for herself?

It seems to me that this is what she wants. What the record company want may be an entirely different thing?
Bravo for noticing.

Regards,

Jung

Old 07-21-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post

She NEEDS to tour!

Quote:
Bravo for noticing.

\

Regards,

Jung
Tour? Where is she going to tour to? Istanbul? The people of France have read the magazines, have seen the tv shows, have heard the album. What good do you think touring will do? If the people of France don't like the album, what makes you think any one else will?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Tour? Where is she going to tour to? Istanbul? The people of France have read the magazines, have seen the tv shows, have heard the album. What good do you think touring will do? If the people of France don't like the album, what makes you think any one else will?

Touring is what musical acts do. They do it for money and to promote their material. The people of France may very well like the new album...if they heard it. It seems more like nobody knows it exists. Promotion is the key, and touring would do nothing but good, only at the expense of money, and if that's what it takes to satisfy people, do it.

It's quite upsetting that the artist that changed my life has to have this kind of career.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:01 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Quite frankly one of the best promotions for an album is a live tour. Secondly this last album is for a niche group, not language wise but musically. And if you do a show right it don't matter what the album was like. I know of more than one artist I like because of their shows that I wouldn't have liked because of their album. She could in theory tour where ever she wanted. Oh wait she won't do small venues.

For what it's worth promoting without the artists backing doesn't do a whole lot of good.

Regards,

Jung

Old 07-21-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
Touring is what musical acts do. They do it for money and to promote their material. The people of France may very well like the new album...if they heard it. It seems more like nobody knows it exists. Promotion is the key, and touring would do nothing but good, only at the expense of money, and if that's what it takes to satisfy people, do it.

It's quite upsetting that the artist that changed my life has to have this kind of career.
There have been interviews with Alizee concerning this album. There have been tv shows. People have heard this album. When there is a good song that comes out, whether it be on the b side of a record years ago, or in modern times, the 18th song on a cd. If it is a good song, people will notice, word will spread, the cream will rise to the top. That is not happening with this album. Figure it out for yourselves.

Edit:

Quote:
Quite frankly one of the best promotions for an album is a live tour.

Regards,

Jung
She can tour til the cows come home. If the album isn't that good, it wont matter.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-21-2010 at 01:12 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts