Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Fifty-Sixty, it was nice of you to spend that money on our girl, but in my opinion as a matter of principle we should not. The way it's set up is obviously a money-making scheme on the part of Radio Atlantis, underhanded and not very honorable. I don't think we should gratify them. Third place is good enough, especially since we all know Alizée is first place in the real world.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 06-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Fifty-Sixty, it was nice of you to spend that money on our girl, but in my opinion as a matter of principle we should not. The way it's set up is obviously a money-making scheme on the part of Radio Atlantis, underhanded and not very honorable. I don't think we should gratify them. Third place is good enough, especially since we all know Alizée is first place in the real world.
Exactly! I can't believe this thread is still going, too. This is "Contest" is all about money for the radio station!!! Many of these are exploiting the musician to make money, and HOW much of the funds used to buy votes go to the artist/musician.....most likely ZILTCH!!
Old 06-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That is so true Deepwaters, this is clearly another mone-making scheme by Radio Atlantis.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:14 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Heh, some people are not taking chances this week--our girl is currently 3rd, with 925 pts and 90% free votes, while the top two are at 2150 and 2095, with 27% and 43% free votes respectively.

I'd love to at least pwn the weiner in 2nd, purely on free votes, if possible. But I'm kind of a jerk that way.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:18 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Free Votes > Paid Votes.
If Alizée can hold her own on a majority of free votes, that means MORE people are voting for her than the rest, and that means more people like her rather than the others. Now with this, I am thorougly satisfied enough!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:16 AM

Fixty Sixty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Fifty Sixty was ahead of 3rd by over 1100 points near the end, so if I spent $12 for +400, he would have to spend $45 for +1500. I did succeed in keeping Fifty Sixty in 2nd place and yet it was played 3rd which makes me suspicious that the contest isn't on the level somehow. It's hard to believe that someone would spend over $100 on a song to finish 2nd instead of 3rd when it makes no difference since all 15 songs on the first page get played. In addition to that, after both songs were played and while the 1st place song was playing, the other song received +400 points when it only needed +100 to secure 2nd. That's what actually raised it to 2nd place all of 3 minutes before the scores were reset. It makes no sense.

I also have to wonder who listens to Radio Atlantis because, other than this countdown of 15 songs which are good, the station plays mostly terrible music.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixty Sixty View Post
Fifty Sixty was ahead of 3rd by over 1100 points near the end, so if I spent $12 for +400, he would have to spend $45 for +1500. I did succeed in keeping Fifty Sixty in 2nd place and yet it was played 3rd which makes me suspicious that the contest isn't on the level somehow. It's hard to believe that someone would spend over $100 on a song to finish 2nd instead of 3rd when it makes no difference since all 15 songs on the first page get played. In addition to that, after both songs were played and while the 1st place song was playing, the other song received +400 points when it only needed +100 to secure 2nd. That's what actually raised it to 2nd place all of 3 minutes before the scores were reset. It makes no sense.

I also have to wonder who listens to Radio Atlantis because, other than this countdown of 15 songs which are good, the station plays mostly terrible music.

Most good music stopped being made after 1994, lol.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:52 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I have been a professional musician most of my life. However, until I was made aware of Alizée by a friend of mine in Europe, I had no idea what I was missing.

That was about 4-5 years ago, and I have been a fan of Alizée's since. Due to learning about Alizée, I have read up on anything I could find about France, and try to buy things that I would use daily in my life from France, if possible.

I find a lot of the music on Radio Atlantis that is European, to be more to my liking then music from america. While I have to learn music for sessions and our band, anything I listen too in my free time is mostly Alizée music, occasionally switching off to Jenifer, Lorie, Maud Verdeyen, or other French artists. I do concentrate very heavily, however on total Alizée music as it is, and has been my favorite, probably 98% totally Alizée.

I am finding the European pop and rock to be much different from american music in the same vane, when I listen to Radio Atlantis. The melodies, and chord progressions are different and refreshing to listen too.

Last edited by C-4; 06-23-2008 at 02:57 PM..
Old 06-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
I have been a professional musician most of my life. However, until I was made aware of Alizée by a friend of mine in Europe, I had no idea what I was missing.

That was about 4-5 years ago, and I have been a fan of Alizée's since. Due to learning about Alizée, I have read up on anything I could find about France, and try to buy things that I would use daily in my life from France, if possible.

I find a lot of the music on Radio Atlantis that is European, to be more to my liking then music from america. While I have to learn music for sessions and our band, anything I listen too in my free time is mostly Alizée music, occasionally switching off to Jenifer, Lorie, Maud Verdeyen, or other French artists. I do concentrate very heavily, however on total Alizée music as it is, and has been my favorite, probably 98% totally Alizée.

I am finding the European pop and rock to be much different from american music in the same vane, when I listen to Radio Atlantis. The melodies, and chord progressions are different and refreshing to listen too.

Oh yes, the stuff here is different, the style is more estranged. It is a lovely continent, because? Rap is not the king, unlike the United States, where one-hit wonder rappers who repeat the same verse certainly outrank any decent rock and pop acts, which, last time I checked, sucked and weren't large in amount, so I guess the high rap rating is due to that reason.

Alizée has taken most of my play time since my discovery of her, albeit year 2000(when I was only 11, go figure lol). I still listen to other stuff, but I always throw Alizée in between stuff, and besides the other stuff is what I play professionally, but it is also an influence on me to find methods on my remix works of Alizée.

Europe has been a great unleashing of musical talent, right from the beginning.
Gregorian Chant and so forth: British Invasion, New Wave of British Heavy Metal, The French House scene, Scandinavian Metal influx, and the most recently, goddesses from France.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:53 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Hey, can y'all remind a Canadian brother why we're doin' this, again?

I thought it was to help Lili advance on the French charts, but despite us getting her to 3rd or better on Radio Atlantis the past couple weeks, according to Wikipedia, Fifty Sixty hasn't charted in France at all!

Am I daft, or are we just spinning our wheels, here?