Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-29-2007, 05:26 AM
Senior Alizée Fan

SwedishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by storer View Post
Hey.....I am usually a lurker......but with the new music it is time to come out of the closet.....Alizée's closet. But seriously I love this site, All of you are great, And she is a Angel.
Hey storer,welcome out of the closet,and a warm welcome to this great forum.

Always a fan,,no matter what...BTW thanks Marik...
Old 09-29-2007, 05:29 AM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

Welcome, hope you stay active
Old 09-29-2007, 08:04 AM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Hi storer, welcome to the forum!
Old 09-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Uber Leet Member

Geech is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site Storer
Old 09-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Welcome storer!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:34 PM

saiman is on a distinguished road

Lurker status used to go with me in here as well.... And, I agree with Storer (btw, welcome to you, bro) ...it definitely is the time to come out of the closet.

Hello to everyone in Alizée America,

I was not really a person who looks into top listed videos of YouTube or Google or any other video site. Otherwise, I would have found her long before. On a boring day, I was going through all my past favorite songs, "La Isla Bonita" of Madonna is one of them. Searching for that song on YouTube led me to Alizée's version, and before watching the video, my thought was that she maybe some French Idol contestant, trying out with the "La Isla Bonita" song.

What a treatment she did to the song! Her voice, her performance.... was just jaw dropping. To her version, Madonna's one just sounds pale. I have never heard a cover of a song surpassed the original song in terms of quality. I know that Alizée idealizes Madonna, but that song itself is enough to prove that Alizée is a way better vocalist than the legend, Madonna. I felt so great discovering her that day, showed it to my wife right away, and she loved her instantly. I also felt bad that day, wondering why french music, specially Alizée's music, is not featured on international mainstream media, like MTV and others. It's not that we hear only English music on these channels, you can find Ricky Martin, Enrique (no offense to the fans) and so many more. Then, why not Alizée. I so wanted to know her from the time Moi-Lolita came out.

Anywayz... Got hooked on to Alizée ever since, and I must say that when I found this site, it was almost like finding the jackpot. Almost all of her videos, in very good quality, altogether in one cool place (great job brad). I have been reading your messages as well, and you people are cool too. No doubt that Alizée's voice attracts a good selection of audience, and I just love her more for that. From this site, I also got to know Moe's site, from where I downloaded HQ videos of Alizée and burned them to my custom DVD's. So many friends of mine then took copies of that DVD, and just fell in love with Alizée.

My favorite of hers is gotta be: "A Contre Courant", her voice is just magical, and truly reviving. Her En Concert performance of "A Contre Courant" is just heart-rending. Then goes "Moi-Lolita" (especially the part where she repeats "Lo-Li-Ta"... it's mixed with so much brilliance, innocence and seduction of her voice that just makes the song incomparable), and also "J'ai Pas Vingt Ans".

It's great talking to you all, especially on the eve of her return. I will keep posting more.

With lotsa love and best wishes for Alizée,
Ishrar

The first fan of Alizée from one of the remotest country, Bangladesh

Last edited by saiman; 10-06-2007 at 08:12 AM..
Old 09-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Alizée Lover!!!

Steven0022 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the community Ishrar and storer. Enjoy the forums and chat and DON'T BE SHY!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:29 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiman View Post

I am Ishrar (nickname: Saiman), currently in Montréal, Quebec for my Ph.D., and I'm orginally from Bangladesh. My wife and I simply adore Alizée and her songs.

The story on how it all started:
I was not really a person who looks into top listed videos of YouTube or Google or any other video site. Otherwise, I would have found her long before. On a boring day, I was going through all my past favorite songs, "La Isla Bonita" of Madonna is one of them. Searching for that song on YouTube led me to Alizée's version, and before watching the video, my thought was that she maybe some French Idol contestant, trying out with the "La Isla Bonita" song.
Welcome! I had the exact same entry point. Have a great time here! (Same to all the new members!)
Old 09-29-2007, 03:50 PM

jesuisRusse is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16806

this one should keep you busy for a while.
Oh, yeah!
It will, thanks!
Does it have all the videos we have on here..
Because I'm looking forward to find all of those, that's what forums are for, right?
Old 09-29-2007, 03:59 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

yeah im pretty sure it has all the videos we have here and alot more..

welcome all new members!

Tags
alizée gifs