Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
i'm probably the only one who doesn't have any downloaded alizée pics except a couple wallpapers. the thought of hunting down every one of those pics would drive me crazy.
I just save all the pictures so that I have a big collection that keeps on playing as my screensaver. It is fun to just stare at them while thinking and stuff. They calm me down. Even my roommates peak in from time to time just to look at her pictures !
Old 09-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Is it just me or does his right hand seem to be in the "I just want to grab some ass" territory?
Yeah the lucky bastard!
Well Alizée's obviously close friends with him or he wouldn't get away with that!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

By the name of the photo, he's a guitarist and the picture is taken in Paris. He looks familiar I swear, but I haven't a clue from where.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

jess, it says it's password protected...
Old 09-14-2007, 01:16 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
jess, it says it's password protected...
So sorry HeyAmigo, here's my password and email if needed...

password: jessalizee email: jessmailbox@bellsouth.net

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 09-14-2007, 04:59 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617 View Post
We have so many pictures posted twice that I have double copies now. It has become a daunting task for me to sort them. I need to check before I save my pictures. Anyone have a good strategy to remember all the pictures!
That's quite a task, one I've commented on a couple of times. In general we need a serious Alizée archiving project. It looks like Jess is starting it, and I remember hearing way back someone (Homer?) was creating a comprehensive DVD series starting from the beginning of time - the utimate fan DVD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Try:
Name - date - description.
For name, think of it as a category
(such as "Alizée" for all pics with Alizée in them - or even if the photo is about Alizée but she is not in it, such as a photo of the performance stage).
For date, use in yyyymmdd format.
(if you only know the year list as 2002xxxx, year and month 200205xx, etc.)
(if not even sure of the year then 2002?xxx)
Description is where all the detail goes.

For example:
Alizée - 20030608 - La Isla Bonita performance
Actually, that's pretty good, but you can't use a ? in a file name (at least not with Windows). I have also taken to pasting comments about where the show was or whatever other details there are in the comments section of the additional information section of .jpg files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Here you go HeyAmigo and others.... As I said before I've been cataloging her pics, I'm not quite finished yet but here's a zip of where I'm at right now (745). I've organized them by year (m / d / y) plus description. I'm not going to argue what's the best way to organize them, so feel free to change it. I'm also not going to dispute the way the date should appear, the reason I organized them this way is to keep them in chronological order by name (date). Example:

If you select view in order by name: in order of - month/day/year.

2002 (02/06/02) Description
2002 (03/03/02) Description
2002 (04/05/02) Description
2002 (05/03/02) Description

If I had them in order by - day/month/year - they wouldn't be in order.

2002 (03/03/02) Description
2002 (03/05/02) Description
2002 (05/04/02) Description
2002 (06/02/02) Description

Note: there are some that I've only found the year or month & year, these won't fall exactly in order but will be either in the same year and month or year. Also there are a couple that are repeated only because there might be a different cut on the pic..... enjoy.

Oh yeah, the link... http://www.filefactory.com/file/c33dd6/
Holy crap! Well, as long as there is a consistent methodology, I suppose I can eventually figure out how to write some perl script or something to rename them all to a format I like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Is it just me or does his right hand seem to be in the "I just want to grab some ass" territory?
Yeah. It's funny how some guys manage to pull that off all casually like an accident.

Merci Fanny
Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Or why not do like it's done since forever:

Alizée - DATE - LOCATION - ORIGINAL FILE NAME (if known) - DESCIPTION - LQ/MQ/HQ - (PHOTOGRAPHER) - OTHER PERSONS IN THE PHOTO - COMMON/WELLKNOWN FILE NAME (if differs from original, or to differiate if many photos from same occasion).ext

For example:

Alizée - 2003-10-26 - Montpellier - Gamma_746509_05_3 - En Concert at Zénith Sud, Montpellier - HQ - (Catarina Eric).jpg

Or for less well known photo:

Alizée - 2002-11-xx - Paris - Paparazzi photo on the streets - & Olivier - 3.jpg

Date used is of course standard ISO format. It leaves no questions how to read it. And sorts perfectly.

And when the original file name is at the start, even the image sequence is perfect if the filenames are known.

Most of the other information is put into metafile. Including exact times if known, exact technical image informations, descriptions of the people or other comments about the people and the surroundings, colors, themes, links, references...

Last edited by RMJ; 09-14-2007 at 09:49 AM..
Old 09-14-2007, 12:29 PM
International Fan

That's more less how it's in order RMJ, except for Alizée's name. I keep all of Alizée's photos in a separate folder, so I didn't think it was necessary to ad her name but maybe it would have been a good idea to do so. Also all photos have thumbnails created so you can view pics as you browse, I don't know if you can do this in Windows but with Macs go to show view options, this window only, and move view option size to large.... Voila.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:00 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Or why not do like it's done since forever:

Alizée - DATE - LOCATION - ORIGINAL FILE NAME (if known) - DESCIPTION - LQ/MQ/HQ - (PHOTOGRAPHER) - OTHER PERSONS IN THE PHOTO - COMMON/WELLKNOWN FILE NAME (if differs from original, or to differiate if many photos from same occasion).ext
Even more specific. I didn't know that was a format used anywhere. That's similar to the format I've adopted to videos that I've gotten around to naming, but I'll try to use that from now on if that's common.

As for your zip, Jess, well unfortunately my PC does not like your Mac. The accented characters did not come across right (someone's not using UTF), colons get converted to '_' which is not a big deal, but worst of all, many of the pictures just won't display at all - some kind of corruption.

Merci Fanny
Old 09-14-2007, 02:24 PM
International Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
As for your zip, Jess, well unfortunately my PC does not like your Mac. The accented characters did not come across right (someone's not using UTF), colons get converted to '_' which is not a big deal, but worst of all, many of the pictures just won't display at all - some kind of corruption.
That's really to bad... I put a lot of work into this.

Last edited by Jess; 09-15-2007 at 02:59 AM..
Closed Thread