Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 01-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I think Sony IS at a bit of a fault here. If the situation is as urgent as we think it will be for her career, they should see that too and make it clear to her that she needs to step it up. If her laid-back approach to promoting the new album is not good enough, it's their job to tell her so. If they're not doing that, and this album turns out to be a flop, it won't just be on Alizee.

To be honest, compared to what I see from other artists with other labels, Sony's promotion and the way they've handled this album so far is kind of a lukewarm effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
I totally agree.

Thinking about it... what I don't get it why it takes Sony so long to release the name of the album... the cover is one thing but that we doesn't even know the name yet is a bit weird considering that they want to release the album on the 25th February.

In 2010 at the same time we already had cover and name and one month more left until the album release than we have now.
I agree.. It seems really strange that they'd release and have her perform a single for an album that we pretty much know next to nothing about, not even a name.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

If you think about it, it seemed Sony was ramping up for the album promo a long time ago. There was the single and the online sale of the deluxe album package. Then it seemed like everything came to a grinding halt. Next we were waiting for what seemed like forever for the video. I’m still convinced the original plan was for an autumn 2012 release of the album and something delayed it.

I’m looking at my receipt for the Limited Edition album package. It is dated July 12, 2012. The delivery date says October 1, 2012. So the way I see it, there definitely was a delay, and both Alizée and Sony had to back off on promo during this delay. It’s likely it will ramp back up soon, assuming there are no more delays. I suppose this was Sony’s doing. The question is, is Sony just doing a poor job of managing this release, or was there an unexpected and legitimate reason for the delays? One can only hope that the delays were necessary in order to put out a better product.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
One can only hope that the delays were necessary in order to put out a better product.
I am not sure, but I think they did not redo the album. And even if they did, it would not take that long to improve a nearly finished work.

My guess is that there was an "autumn theme" or concept for the whole album that maybe was scrapped.
Or perhaps some legal issues with contracts or companies that did not allow them to release the album before 2013.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:38 AM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Sony is taking the feeds about our preorder money that's why.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
yea... poor promotion... but whos fault it is? Alizee? No, but her that time manager, label and other companies which work is to do promo. Only thing which should Alizee do, would be appear into a promo video, but thats again work of label and other companies.
And about to get old fans... hah... the old "fans" where most fans of Mylene... you could see it very good in many reportages about concert... where they asked people realy WHY they go to concert, and many answers "... Mylene Farmer".

I dont blame MF/LB work on Alizee... but really... soon it will be 10years... its really gone... without accepting it how it is and comparing everytime what is in present and what was in past it cant work.
Well in most cases you would be absolutely right. Normally the failure of an album or a concert (that's if the music was good to begin with) would lay with the label doing the promotion and not the artist.

But they say the Psych concerts failed because the tour manager didn't promote them well enough. Then with UEDS, she couldn't even schedule a concert. So she should be inquiring into every aspect of this album if she truely wants it to succeed.

She should remember the words of the great stateman George Bush; " Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." (Sorry George).

Seriously though the correct proverb does apply here; "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.". If this album fails due to lack of promotion, she will be just as much to blame as Sony. I think more so in my opinion.

You can say as far as promoting her, Sony might be doing some things in different directions, but you cannot say they aren't trying and in my opinion, they are trying tremendously hard and there is still over a month and a half to go. I'm sure we'll see a lot more in the way of a promotion effort from Sony, but I'm also sure we'll continue the to see the same lackluster effort from her.

But I have to take into account the grueling schedule she has; 9 am to noon, shopping for designer clothes; 12 to 1, lunch with dancerman; 1 to 5, tatoo session at Rin tin tins; 6 to 7 dinner with dancerman; 7 to 8, slip into the crappiest outfit you have and go to dj gig set up by Sony........shower optional.................on second thought why bother; after 8pm......................video games!!!!....Youpidoooooooooo!

We also have to consider she still hasn't recovered from that grueling trip to Japan with that ball and chain that her evil boss Mylene had attached to her leg. I'd still like to know how they got that past security.

The only thing I blame Sony for is the tatoos. The Alizee of today, is not the same Alizee that first went to their studio to discuss a new album and I wonder if it might have had an affect on their decision if they knew then what they know now.

Still I can't really fault them, because most of these tats came in a flurry which probably caught them off guard. Plus I see the video and Sony made no attempt to hide them, in fact it almost seemed like they tried to focus on them so maybe they feel they're a good thing; something that will appeal to the younger generations.. I'm really confused about that at this point and I posted before that it could just be my views on this are way behind the time, but like I said; I'm not going to watch that video again.

Getting back to what Lefty said; he's right that they'd have a big problem with her holding up untauthorized pictures connected with this album, but do you think if she went to Sony and asked them for an "authorized" picture, they would refuse???????????? But that will never happen, because that would show she cared and she doesn't.

EDIT:
The one big difference between Moscow and now is this album hasn't come out yet. If this album has some very good songs on it, it probably wont matter if she get's covered with tatoos and never showers again. But if it's an average album like Psych, it will need all the help it can get; including good promos, beautiful videos and a singer who show's to the public she cares.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-02-2013 at 03:08 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
My guess is that there was an "autumn theme" or concept for the whole album that maybe was scrapped.
Or perhaps some legal issues with contracts or companies that did not allow them to release the album before 2013.
Yes, or perhaps there were too many other releases scheduled for the autumn. It's usually a bad idea to have too many releases all at once, competing for a limited amount of euros in a tough market.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Do you want a copy of Inked Mag with Alizée? here!

http://freewaymag.com/boutique/ancie...62_inked_.html

Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thanks Karin. I'll buy one so I can burn it!
You've reached new heights Scruff
Old 01-08-2013, 04:57 AM

foxy is on a distinguished road

although I don't really like tattoos, I have to admit there are some nice frontcovers from Inked magazine

couldn't Alizee do something like this one, instead of the creepy horror thing :/

Last edited by foxy; 01-08-2013 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: scruffy
Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I should have posted that in the other thread...................my bad................I'll move it. Please remove the quotes if you don't mind.