Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If the people of France don't like the album, what makes you think any one else will?
Since Psych sold about four times as many copies in Mexico as it did in France, that makes no sense at all.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-21-2010, 01:18 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Since Psych sold about four times as many copies in Mexico as it did in France, that makes no sense at all.
That's because the people of Mexico were expecting that extremely sexy looking young woman in the JAM outfit. That will not happen this time around.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
That's because the people of Mexico were expecting that extremely sexy looking young woman in the JAM outfit. That will not happen this time around.
I don't think so. That can't be the only reason for her success there.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I don't think so.
Well you're wrong!

Well maybe partly wrong.

MCE and Gour had a lot to do with it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-21-2010 at 01:30 AM..
Old 07-21-2010, 01:30 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
She can tour til the cows come home. If the album isn't that good, it wont matter.
Like I already said touring is the best promotion out there, it's proven time and again. Just cause you didn't like it doesn't mean that niche group isn't out there either, she's just got to find it.

But you can ignore my advice again, and your promotions will most likely fail again. It's not gonna do much good without her backing.

Quote:
On this we'll agree, have to remember no sold out shows in mexico, along with canceled shows.

Regards,

Jung

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 07-21-2010 at 01:32 AM..
Old 07-21-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Like I already said touring is the best promotion out there, it's proven time and again. Just cause you didn't like it doesn't mean that niche group isn't out there either, she's just got to find it.

But you can ignore my advice again, and your promotions will most likely fail again. It's not gonna do much good without her backing.

On this we'll agree, have to remember no sold out shows in mexico, along with canceled shows.

Regards,

Jung
I agree that touring is the best promotion. I just don't think the touring or promotion of this album is going to do her career any good.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:00 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Well, we will never knows unless she TRIES it.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You're partially right, but Psychédélices sold in Mexico because the Mexican people liked it. You just can't oversimplify things and say that the only reason Alizée had success in Mexico was because they were expecting the "extremely sexy looking young woman in the JAM outfit."
Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
You're partially right, but Psychédélices sold in Mexico because the Mexican people liked it. You just can't oversimplify things and say that the only reason Alizée had success in Mexico was because they were expecting the "extremely sexy looking young woman in the JAM outfit."
You just read my mind and posted my thought.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:58 AM

Jaimes is on a distinguished road

Such a shame to see people leave, always. I myself like 90% of all music but ueds kinda threw me at a wall when I first listened to it. People like what they like and it just so happens that i'm one of the people that gets all -faced up when my favorite artist goes down a path that will annoy me to no end.
It all reminds me of the generation of teenagers we have in America that are stupid, the "I like ladygaga" and big shade wearing. The OOOO!!! team edward or jacob crap and look im going to take emo pictures of my face and upload them on myspace.(unless your on the forums here, then I really dont care). Your supposed to like music for the tone, beat, rhythm, the meaning of the words and the beauty of the voice that sings the words. Your supposed to like music because it can make you smile, sing, dance or just yell out in joy when you listen to it, not like the people i've seen that stick to one type of music because their friend likes it or whatever.These people I speak of would not expect me to have slipknot and Alizée on my ipod at the same time because its not "hardcore" enough or something like that, but I do. Alizée at the moment just reminds me a little bit of the people i direct my hatred to, the like-minded or some could say no-minded(I say no-minded) herd of people that are immature and irresponsible. They just happen to do the things they do and I don't because I don't want to label myself as one of them, I can't be labeled by them because they don't realize it's a bad thing. Now I might of liked her latest cd better if it didn't remind me of idiots. Now people might also say well Jaimes would you have liked twilight or something if its major fan demographic wasn't in your opinion a bunch o' dummos( But arent they dummos for liking twilight?)? Then I would say probably. I just think Alizée is going in a empowered what the people want status(Now I know that is impossible because its America thats terrible and has the least knowledge about Alizée and I dont know what the "french people" want). But once again all this weirdness she has changed into just reminds me of the same weirdness people I don't like have a taste for. Which means I can't believe someone is an Alizée fan if they have only listened to and seen the latest Alizée and chances are they will not like her older stuff. Well this is just my skewed opinion on the matter that is in my head and I still can't find a way to explain to anyone and as long as you like Alizée I would drive in a car with you and listen to lady gaga all day(provided we were going to an Alizée concert while doing so). I think it boils down to fact that I don't like alot of people, BUT I LOVE YOU ALL HERE!

-Now I know half of that probably opposed the other half and didn't make sense but, yeah. The people trouble me and I don't like Alizée to remind me of the people. But I will never leave her for all the bad she could do will never amount to the good she has done.