Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 09-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

please please please lets not makes this over complicated! im betting that if it does get too complicated, it's just gonna die off..

i feel like we're talking too much and not actually doing as much as we talk about..

lets do this people!

Old 09-17-2009, 03:38 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking And So It Goes.

Don't worry so much there, Kimo Sabe!

Sorry folks, I was busy on other threads and other forums for a couple days. And school just started again, and I gotta do taxes, and the horse needs shoein', the cat needs fixin', the fence needs mendin', the dog needs fed.

We'll see this through, but it's up to all of us.

I haven't received anyone's signatures yet, by the way. (Mr wasabi.........?) Everyone, see post #118 for particulars if you want your name to appear (graphically) on the final letter!

For anyone just tuning in, look at posts #1, 85, 87, 92, 98, 101, and 118. I'll have better guidelines and a new draft posted by tomorrow. Or as soon as I find where I left the tractor.

Last edited by Chuck; 09-17-2009 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: nunya g@DD@m biznass!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

hey, so i just sent my signature! tell me if its good enough.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:59 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Talking Thanks 'sabi, got it!

Good enough???? It's great! I now have an autograph of the Internationally-Renowned Mr. Wasabi! I'm gonna print one and frame it!

(oh, yeah, and it'll be the first one on the LETTER!!!!)

Anybody else wanna be next? Send in any time! - Chk.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Good enough???? It's great! I now have an autograph of the Internationally-Renowned Mr. Wasabi! I'm gonna print one and frame it!

(oh, yeah, and it'll be the first one on the LETTER!!!!)

Anybody else wanna be next? Send in any time! - Chk.
Aww, i wanted to be first , well anyways, i used a wiacom pen and pad in Computer Graphics at school today to make my signature, but when i tried to save it, the only format i recognized was the one for Adobe Illustrator which i was using. If you can open this file, tell me so i can send it to you or if you cant, ill re-do it on another program and then send it to you.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:08 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Talking Adobe formats?

Basically, I think anyone can send just about any format!!!

If I was a real graphics expert, of course, I'd have a mac, which I don't so I guess I'm not.

I mostly use Corel. Stop laughing. I started with it in '94, and never really saw any big reason to switch to adobe.

NONETHELESS, I do have the import/export converters to handle pretty-much any format out there. And 15 years' experience with em.

PLUS I just got Ubuntu, which includes GIMP, the amazing graphics program TheBarrett was boasting about a few weeks ago! (and it is slick!) *****

So go 'head and send what you got, Fallo! Same for anyone. I don't expect any of you can stump me with a format, unless you just made it up. If I'm wrong and can't use it, I'll just message you back.

Logging out for now, but back real soon, Chuck.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:

If I was a real graphics expert, of course, I'd have a mac, which I don't so I guess I'm not.

I mostly use Corel. Stop laughing. I started with it in '94, and never really saw any big reason to switch to adobe.

NONETHELESS, I do have the import/export converters to handle pretty-much any format out there. And 15 years' experience with em.

PLUS I just got Ubuntu, which includes GIMP, the amazing graphics program TheBarrett was boasting about a few weeks ago! (and it is slick!) *****

So go 'head and send what you got, Fallo! Same for anyone. I don't expect any of you can stump me with a format, unless you just made it up. If I'm wrong and can't use it, I'll just message you back.

No reason to be laughing, Corel is awesome. We use it in Computer Graphics along with Adobe and others. Alrighty then Chuck, I'll send you the file, and tell me if i need to re-do it because i made it a little slanted/diagonal for some reason and i dont know if everybody else's will be straight.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:09 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I mostly use Corel. Stop laughing.
Corel is the shit! I love it man

Old 09-19-2009, 05:10 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I don't boast about GIMP.
I boast that I use GIMP because i'm too cheap and lazy to get Photoshop. (^^)

Hope you enjoy your adventures, i'm still figuring out all the niches.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:30 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Exclamation Latest Edition.

Okay, here's an updated version. Still pretty rough, but taking shape!
For those just tuning in, the purpose of this letter is TO PROVIDE SUGGESTION THAT MIGHT HELP ALIZEE TO REACH MORE AMERICANS AND SELL MORE CD'S HERE IN AMERICA. We're going to finish this, send it primarily as an e-document, but also sending printed copies (so she can frame it). The final document (both versions) will also feature our NEWEST LOGO (courtesy CFH/Ruroshen), and our SIGNATURES on the bottom.

Quote:
-> sign a piece of paper, then scan it, then e-mail me the scan.
-> or draw your sig on the computer, then e-mail me that.
-> OR sign a paper, take a good digital photo of it, e-mail the pic.
I'd rather your sigs NOT be the same as your online sigs.

It's also on my profile, but here's my e-mail: bongovideo@tds.net

Just e-send some sort of graphic, and YOUR SIGNATURE WILL APPEAR on the finished letter to ALIZÉE!

*ENTRIES WITH ASTERISKS* below are totally up for grabs. To be added, changed, deleted, overdiscussed, and/or adopted by you. Suggestions still in no particular order.

<<{NEW ALIZEEAMERICA LOGO GOES HERE (per Alex405687)}

Dear Miss Alizée,

[I]
As AlizeeAmerica, the dedicated members of the world's largest Alizee fan forum, we have to start by saying how much we adore you! We currently have ____ members, representing ___ countries, and with ___ new ones joining each month! (numbers/stats about us also sugg. by Alex)

And we want to help you to conquer the US. To that end, we pledge our support as your loyal acolytes. Here are our Top Suggestions on how to reach American audiophiles, wow the populace, sell millions of records in US, and take your rightful place as queen of the world!

1) Alizée we would like to start by letting you know that you already have many fans in the USA. We are very passionate about your music, and would like to extend an invitation and request for you to perform in the USA. We have been very busy trying to figure out a way to promote you here and help you sell more CD's, we would be very happy to receive your approval and or any suggestions from you or your management team as to the best way to do this.

2) Do not be discouraged by all the hip hop music you hear coming from the USA, we enjoy a great variety of different music styles. In fact the majority of the American fans who belong in the many forums to your name would prefer to hear you sing in French !!

3) Because of you we have become interested in learning the beautiful French language, and have developed a passion for other French artist as well. Something none of us here in the USA was interested until we found you. You opened our eyes to the beautiful world beyond our sea, and now we can only wish that our desires be heard.

4) We love you Alizée, and hope you'll find it in your heart to visit us one day, and maybe perform one of your songs for us. It would be an honor for us to have such a beautiful and talented performer come to our country. It would make us very happy to know that you at least think about coming here to the USA. #'s 1 - 4 by Jess (Paradise, FL), who also pointed out that we WILL remove all these numbers and letters!

a) Alizée, do you WANT to sell albums in America, and to perform in America? It would mean you would have to give up being anonymous when you visit this country. You could no longer go to New York or other parts of the U.S. and have no one (or almost no one) recognize you. You would have to be conscious of the public here as you are in France or Mexico. The commercial potential is of course huge. Is that worth it to you? If not, well, I guess we will simply have to accept that. --Deepwaters, CA

b) Don't be discouraged by the fact you don't sing (much) in English. The idea is not to be a mega-popstar-hit, but to reach a reasonable target audience. --Deepwaters, CA

c) Appear on a charity telethon or two! --Jalen, son bain de mousse

d) Tour with or open for Madonna! ( + any other sugg's besides Madonna?) --Fall06, Annandale, VA

e) Be on Letterman, or O'Brian. Or Ferguson, or Kimmel, or even Leno. Or any or all of 'em! If singing in French, choose a song that can be enjoyed purely for the sound and the visual effect of your performance. (Worked for Lily Allen, Kylie Minogue, Dido, Nelly Furtado, countless other foreign talents.) --BlackAnthem, Deepwaters (+ any other endorsers)*

f)Consider this website as your home base in the U.S., if you wish! We've already got everything set up. And at your service. (uh, Ben, everyone, can we say that?) Seconded by Fall06, MonMaquis, (+ any other endorsers?)*

g) Touring is still thought to be the best way to sell records, but today The Internet may be just as good, if not better. (That's how most of the members of our forum became fans.) So ideally, there should be a video clip for as many of the new songs as possible (if not all of them), all in one website. If those vids included subtitles in spanish and/or english, like French films, so much the better! --______(any takers?)*

h) Go shopping, in Beverly Hills. You don't have to buy anything, just cause a stir. If you need bodyguards, an entourage, nanny service, photogs (all recommended) or anything else, just tweet or drop a hint here. --______(anyone?)*

i) Consider playing the university circuit. Huge, beautiful halls, students thirsting for culture, lotsa federal funding. And besides, students buy the most music! Perhaps the fabulous Patriot Center, located on the campus of Northern Virginia's George Mason University! --Fall06, Annandale, VA; Wasabi622, Illinois... (+ any other endorsers?)*

j) What if you just did your entire albums, as you like (mostly or entirely in French), then released English-only and Spanish-only versions also? - Exactly the same, but all the lyrics of all the songs replaced with Spanish or English? (I hope I'm not suggesting blasphemy here...) I don't think it sound too crazy - In fact, a lot of people, once interested, would want to buy multiple discs in any languages, just to hear your incredible voice. --______(anyone?)*

k) If/when you do perform, do whatever it takes to boost your confidence. I know you get stage fright and are shy when breaking into a new venue, and America can be intimidating. But you are so lovely, so talented, and so sweet that you have nothing to fear. Let your light shine, and anyone who sees you will fall in love. --Deepwaters, CA (...um, Deep, y'sayin' she should have some champagne first???)

l) Be Yourself. And stay classy, stay classic, stay French. I think all Americans hold an image of graceful, beautiful, strong french women, yet we know very few faces or names to represent that image. A couple movie stars, maybe? but no musical artists. You would fill that void, so to speak, and knock 'em dead! --(from all of us.) (hmm?)

m) There are many different tv shows and live events that we would like to request and demand they have you in their show, but it would be pointless unless you are willing to take the chance and come to our country. We respect whatever decision you make Alizée, but if you'd drop us a hint, it could greatly help us to help you! --Jess, Paradise, FL

x,y,z....)
Whatever else anybody else still wants to add.

I know there's still tons of other great suggestions already posted elsewhere in the forum. I'll keep trying to copy some of those to here in the upcoming days. Anyone else noticing those, please do so, too!

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail