Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News > UEdS Media

Old 01-07-2010, 02:27 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Um.. I don't think he ment that Alizée is "living the trashy lifestyle"...

If anything, it was just insight as to why Alizée left Mylene, and that unlike that time, she's in better control of things.

But that's what I took your post as, don't let me speak for you Ben.

Edit: Never mind! You cleared things up as I posted.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Um.. I don't think he ment that Alizée is "living the trashy lifestyle"...

If anything, it was just insight as to why Alizée left Mylene, and that unlike that time, she's in better control of things.

But that's what I took your post as, don't let me speak for you Ben.
Yes, "aware of what she's doing" in regard to leaving Mylene and changing her image, not posing as Madonna. And yeah she never crossed the trashy line with Mylene either, but as she said some wanted to pass her off as a "naughty girl", so I think the quote shows some insight into her current thinking.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:33 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Yeah, "aware of what she's doing" in regard to leaving Mylene and changing her image, not posing as Madonna.

Glad I understood ya correctly!

Old 01-07-2010, 02:35 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah, "aware of what she's doing" in regard to leaving Mylene and changing her image, not posing as Madonna.
Yea in that case; I really do not want to see her go back to Mylene days. After her being married and having Annily and all, it just wouldnt feel right to watch

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No, my comment had nothing to do with the photoshoot in this magazine. I'm saying she's aware that downplaying her sexiness since leaving Mylene may be holding back her image for now, but it's what she wants to do. And is hopefully for the best in the long-run.
Yes I think you are right. It is her way of not selling out. I respect her for that. I think in the long run Alizee will be able to have opportunities in other genre's of music because she didn't get pigeon holed as a wild child. Taking her way beyond the current pop scene when she gets to the age of Madonna. Madonna is stuck at 50 trying to be a teenage sexpot and as Alizee so eloquently stated: disingenuous or not believeable or something along those lines. I forgot the exact quote.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:49 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yeah I mean none of this is really new, but just seeing her actually say "maybe it's holding back my image for now" shows a lot of awareness. It acknowledges there's a point to some recent criticism, but that this is the path she has to take.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:30 AM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

One must have to be able to be a succesfull pop artist without selling it with a sexy image. It's truly admirable that she's standing up aginst the sexualistation that's characterizing the pop music industry, id est MTV. The JEAM suit and up-skirt dancing have already hurt her image in the sense that "people" don't take her serious as a singer and just see her as some sexy french girl, who probably only lip-syncs.

<3
Old 01-07-2010, 02:34 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

I'm very impressed with the article and the photos.
Alizée appears as a mature and thoughtful person, a far cry from the simple sweet teenager the public still associates with her.

The opener about her character (although not really news for us) put a huge smile on my face; such praise from a journalist may impress people who are already sick of the trash on the music channels, and may generate interest in her.
Ofc it's only one article and should not be overestimated, but every little bit helps.

As for the pics, Alizée reminds the public that she is still incredibly sexy if she chooses to be so, but in a classy and stylish way.
I don't think that she will ever cross the line into slutty...there are enough sluts in pop music already, she can distinguish herself from the crowd this way, for all those who are willing to take notice.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Smile yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
As for the pics, Alizée reminds the public that she is still incredibly sexy if she chooses to be so, but in a classy and stylish way.
I don't think that she will ever cross the line into slutty...there are enough sluts in pop music already, she can distinguish herself from the crowd this way, for all those who are willing to take notice.
We all wish she could go back to her young innocent days...but she can't. So she is showing her sexiness every once in a while, and does know when she is overdoing it. Well put Fenris.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:24 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Hmmm...wonder if this new direction will translate into some type of dance performance that brings back some of the appeal of her previous work. But, I'm looking waaay deep off of a couple photos. I guess I'm basically saying, "I wish."

Alizee: Wowww!