Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

You can listen to the whole album right now if you subscribe to Fnac Unlimited... which seems totally impossible for us outside of France. I'm looking into it.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the link. It does give you a better idea of what the songs are like. I like all of them a lot.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:16 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
You can listen to the whole album right now if you subscribe to Fnac Unlimited... which seems totally impossible for us outside of France. I'm looking into it.
what? that's insane...so the fans in france already have access to listening to the full songs?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:13 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the link!

Well....honestly, the feelings that I got from the first set of clips, which were just starting to fade, have been amplified. I am actually hesitating to utter the adjectives that first spring to mind when I listen to these clips for fear that they're 1. emotionally excessive and 2. inflammatory....so I won't.

I like the chorus of Jamais Plus, but the staccato notes of the verses kind of spoil it for me. Lonely List also came out a little better for me.

Note that the mysterious Simon Alig (for those of you who remember his name) reappears in the song credits of Décollage.

Last edited by fsquared; 11-24-2007 at 12:30 AM..
Old 11-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I actually like Decollage a lot more. It and Par Les Paupières are my two favorite tracks now. I think Oxmo Puccino just scored himself a new fan.

And yes, in France they're listening to the full album right now.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I actually like Decollage a lot more. It and Par Les Paupières are my two favorite tracks now. I think Oxmo Puccino just scored himself a new fan.

And yes, in France they're listening to the full album right now.
I have to agree, overall I think these previews were placed in better positions in the songs. I really liked where they placed Decollage, it sounded ten times better and I can't wait to hear the full song. I also that L'Effet was placed very wel,l I loved the new clip of it. Oh, even Lilly Town was better placed, it sounds even better. I am so psyched for the new album, I just can't wait to hear it and I envy those able to listen to it right now.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:51 AM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

I'm having a problem listening to the samples. I click on the left-most icon next to each song, it loads my winamp and then it's tries to connect but nothing happens.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:21 AM

Max is on a distinguished road

Here: http://rapidshare.com/files/71885826/samples2.zip

Check out the "artist" tag. For some songs it's like 10 people, crazy...
Old 11-24-2007, 03:38 AM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Thanks Max.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:02 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

RE: the new clips (addressed shamelessly out of order):

WOW. Now I'm stoked for all the songs except Mon Taxi Driver and Lilly Town. And I'm sure I'll warm up to those two with time (although I must be frank, my first blush with Lilly Town was "Go die in a fire").

However... Well, I'm typing this as I listen to the clips, and I have to say, Lilly Town sounds like something The Pillows would play -- always a good thing.

Idéaliser is amazing. I've never heard Alizée put so much SOUL into a song before. It makes my eyes tear up just listening to it; it's so sad and powerful like Tempête (a terribly underappreciated song, btw). This song feels like something special.

Decollage. Holy hell. I don't care what you guys say, this song sounds awesome. Some of you guys whined about there not being enough songs with driving beats; well, this song has more drive to it than 90% of Alizée's discography. I'm really torn on what the singles should be. This song could catch like wildfire, given the right video presentation. More on singles as we go...

Par Les Paupières. Such crisp, sparkling beauty; sends shivers down my spine. Difficult to describe. Also a contender for single-hood.

Jamais Plus. If I had to bet on one song going single (aside from the obvious, like Fifty Sixty and Psychédélices, the latter because it's the album's namesake), then this would be it. It's probably the closest in spirit to Alizée's old work, making it the easiest pill to swallow right off the bat. It just feels like an Alizée single.

L'Effet sounds like an appealing song. I can't say I'm crazy for it, nor that I don't like it. It's fine, really. Nothing more, nothing less. From the preview snippet it sounds touching and sweet, very warm and loving. A lovely song, just not as colorful as, say... DECOLLAGE.

And then there's Psychédélices. It reminds me of film noir: smoke-filled jazz clubs, slate-like shadows, foggy streets, 1930s Chicago, and exotic-looking, back-stabbing seductresses straight outta the pulps. I LOVE IT.

This is quite interesting. I, like many, fell in love with Alizée for her image. Well, the truth is that her image is not quite what it used to be, but that hardly matters because her new music has finally taken center stage. In my opinion, this new music is superior to the old, from a technical and a creative standpoint. Alizée has grown by leaps and bounds artistically. I hope the next album will come much, much sooner.

P.S. FSquared, flame on! Honestly though, even if you absolutely HATE the new album, please share your feelings. I think I know what you'll say, and I'm not going to counter you (in fact, I probably agree, but it's preferences that make me like the album). I'd like to hear your thoughts.

- N

Last edited by Neiteio; 11-24-2007 at 07:06 PM..