Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys, you are making me feel better, pointing out how the haters gonna hate.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:29 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Yeah, God forbid people don't like something Alizee does. They're just hating.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Exactly. ChartsInFrance is full of trollers and haters since they go out of their way to let the world knw they hate something that a tonof other people around the world love. Its the equivalent of American Celebrity sites.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I don't even hate the song, but I don't really like it. Actually I liked about the first 45 seconds then it went downhill for me. The first bit sounded promising to me but the chorus is just kinda blah. To me, the chorus sounds kinda like when you're trying to think really hard about a song you can't remember and you're just kinda humming something random. I think its partly the fact that she is singing more breathy now or something. I like the lower registers but I feel like her voice is kinda drowned out by the strings.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:49 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I wasn't thrilled with her last album UEDS but I still bought it to support Alizée.

Like the others have already said this new single is a lot better than anything on UEDS.

People need to get over it, Alizée of 2001-2003 is long gone.

Last edited by ALS; 06-28-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

No...she's right there^
Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
You got that right! I'm not 100% in love with the song... 95% maybe? I'm not talking about criticism of the song itself, to each his own. I'm talking about the things I read over at Charts... where some commenters were obviously Anti-Alizée. I'm all for people having any opinion they want. I just got a little sad seeing it like that. I like reading the kind of analysis Euphoria wrote because I've never studied or been involved with music from a technical viewpoint, and I can learn from it.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Like I said in thr chatbox...people on ChartsInFrance sign up on that site for a reason:
You don't need to sign-up to post a message/reply.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I intensely despise the saying "haters gonna hate" and even the term "haters".. everyone is entitled to an opinion and dismissing someone as a "hater" for theirs just because it's different from yours.. not cool The people commenting on Charts though.. I saw some silly things like people saying she can't sing, that made no sense to me having seen her perform live and sound great when she wasn't lip-syncing. Even if she weren't a good singer, she's pretty harmless, she isn't arrogant or obnoxious so she doesn't warrant any pointless hate imo.

I personally like the melody of the verses a lot, but the song itself doesn't really have a hook... it's pretty but not single material because it's a little bit forgettable. I like it a lot, but like I said.. not really single material, I don't know the music scene in France but if I heard it on the radio I wouldn't find it that memorable as opposed to past singles like Moi... Lolita or A contre-courant.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-29-2012, 02:45 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

"Love grows weary and drops off"
"I, I no longer enjoy seeing this scene out the window"
"Of lies and wrongdoings, it’s in the end"

I can see why she chose this song for the first release - She is saying goodbye.

I'm glad she is singing about personal experiences. It will make the feelings much more real when she sings this live (She may even shed tears).

As to the song itself, I give it a 7. I like the song, but it will not be a chart topper. It is good, but not great.

The vocals are better than UEDS but, as others have commented, there is something just slightly sub-optimal about them. Perhaps it's the key the song is in? Or perhaps we are not hearing the aspect of her voice that shined so well in the song she did the first night of LE, and in her song with AC. This could have been a conscious choice by Sony to present her voice in this way for this song - I expect they will present the best aspects of her voice in some of the other songs.

Now that she has said goodbye she can move on. Expect the second single, released close to the album release date, to be faster-paced, and probably the album's best shot at a chart-topping single.

Tags
a cause de l'automne