Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

yeah that kinda made me drum this up: J´ai pas vingt ans!

Moscow:

En Concert DVD

Interesting how the Rocked up the song from its pop origin.. but her voice sounds off.. however you can't compare her More to the point.. the song is SO iconic with her dance... as is J'en ai marre! I think it would be so kewl if she sang i with her own interpretation as she does, but with back up dancers kinda mirroring what she did. The whole "na na na na" part lost so much steam with the rock version. Plus to deny men that dance... oh thats cruel! I don't dislike it, its just different.. This song is about youth and energy... I think thats what the fans miss.. Intimacy is great with a song, but this song is about being young and bombastic....
Old 09-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
yeah that kinda made me drum this up: J´ai pas vingt ans!

Moscow:

En Concert DVD

Interesting how the Rocked up the song from its pop origin.. but her voice sounds off.. however you can't compare her More to the point.. the song is SO iconic with her dance... as is J'en ai marre! I think it would be so kewl if she sang i with her own interpretation as she does, but with back up dancers kinda mirroring what she did. The whole "na na na na" part lost so much steam with the rock version. Plus to deny men that dance... oh thats cruel! I don't dislike it, its just different.. This song is about youth and energy... I think thats what the fans miss.. Intimacy is great with a song, but this song is about being young and bombastic....
the difference between them.. i can cry!

she does sound quite off, but then again, it was filmed with, what i assume to be some sort of cheap home camera type thing.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
Hope i dont get burned by this. Its been a while since i posted something but i usually do when i think its worth it.

I must say that Alizee made a great team with his husband. The music is great, most of the album i would say is A+. So music "check".

Promotion and company support. Well, shes gonna be traveling a lot, listened to her on radio a lot. Her company is doing a great job to. "check".

No, here goes the bad part. Her live performances are really BAD. I love the songs, lyrics, etc...but why doesnt she MOVE!!! it doesnt have to be sexy outfit! or a suggestive dance like JMARRE, just DANCE DANCE DANCE...music and dance go together most of the time...Alizee started dancing first, shes loved doing it, but in recent videos i see her nailed to the ground..."#$$%&$%& whats going on!!! let her dance darn it! the live performance need this and shes got a whole steam roll of ticket sales in concerts. Music is great, but she needs to control the scenario, move around, smile to fans, wink, etc, check the En Concert DVD youll see what i mean...in a sentence, "Alizee needs to dance more on stage (anyway she wants it but more movement) and control the scenario, move here, there, smile, air guitar, etc, show that shes enjoying it!!! cause she is, she loves dancing more than singing...

Im a real fan of her, i love all her music, old and new, but i must say she needs help as clearly Matrix put in YouTube, she needs to put some moves on those songs, any moves she likes, but MOVES! i dont like seeing here still, nailed to the ground.

Thanks.
I'm too tired to read all seven pages....

The reason she doesn't dance all that much anymore is her health, she has spinal problems (I don't remember specifically, scoliosis or arched back or something) which prevent her from doing back-flips through flaming hoops like she used to. Also, I'm sure the effects of pregnancy/child birth changes how your body moves... so Annily could have taken some of her dancing skills with her on the way out
Old 09-20-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post

The reason she doesn't dance all that much anymore is her health, she has spinal problems (I don't remember specifically, scoliosis or arched back or something) which prevent her from doing back-flips through flaming hoops like she used to. Also, I'm sure the effects of pregnancy/child birth changes how your body moves... so Annily could have taken some of her dancing skills with her on the way out
what?! so then i was right about her having back problems?
and as for birth causing problems, i mean, unless she had a very bad pregnancy, im sure she should be fine. she gave birth very young, so i doubt that birth had that bad of an impact.

seriously. i know people who've given birth but still pass the APFT fine!

Old 09-20-2009, 11:09 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I've heard that excuse before but I'm not sure I buy it. I think it has more to do with her trying to distance herself as much as possible from her old image. She seems to have gone to great lengths to "de-sexualize" her image in the last few years.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Century old child!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
I've heard that excuse before but I'm not sure I buy it. I think it has more to do with her trying to distance herself as much as possible from her old image. She seems to have gone to great lengths to "de-sexualize" her image in the last few years.
OF course, to a latin male like myself, you post appears like this to me, which causes Tarzan to cry like Jane with broken fingernail!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
what?! so then i was right about her having back problems?
and as for birth causing problems, i mean, unless she had a very bad pregnancy, im sure she should be fine. she gave birth very young, so i doubt that birth had that bad of an impact.

seriously. i know people who've given birth but still pass the APFT fine!
You might be... but it very well may be just a rumor, but if you ask me, a rumor that makes too much sense to be false.

How tall is Alizée? like 5'2", 5'3"? She's tiny! and I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure from nature's view that *petite* females aren't built for birthin'. Add a baby that is probably already a fourth of her tiny size, add a vaginal birth (I'm just guessing, though I haven't seen any midriff lately).... that has to change how your body works. Maybe her spine just went "uncle" and quit out on her. Not to be too gross, but I've had some memorable experiences on the porcelain throne that have left me walking a little funny for a little while
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
Would you prefer to hold a spotlight on her and make her risk hurting herself because you are more demanding? Be happy that she's still making albums after the whole Jérémy/Annily thing...

Last edited by user472884; 09-20-2009 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-20-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
You might be... but it very well may be just a rumor, but if you ask me, a rumor that makes too much sense to be false.

How tall is Alizée? like 5'2", 5'3"? She's tiny! and I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure from nature's view that *petite* females aren't built for birthin'. Add a baby that is probably already a fourth of her tiny size, add a vaginal birth (I'm just guessing, though I haven't seen any midriff lately).... that has to change how your body works. Maybe her spine just went "uncle" and quit out on her.

Would you prefer to hold a spotlight on her and make her risk hurting herself because you are more demanding? Be happy that she's still making albums after the whole Jérémy/Annily thing...
oh come on! wanting her to dance more doesn't mean that i viciously want her to break her back(pun) for it!

and i mean, she started off dancing didn't she? but overall..

don't get me wrong though! i'm still an Alizee fanatic through and through!

Old 09-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

There's a difference between feeling the song and dancing.
She shouldn't use back problems as an excuse to stand around.
My opinion states that if you can't put on a full package of a show, don't put one out at all.

So put some balm on that shit and get out there, and MOVE! FEEEL!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Century old child!

Quote:

from the translation page from an MCE era interviw:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...3&postcount=36

"Do you do sports regularly?

Yes, I’ve done dance since I was tiny. I’ve also been practicing Thai Boxing since a few months ago. It makes me work on my breathing. That’s great for preparing me for the stage! I suffer from back problems, I have a really arched back, so I can’t run or jump. To burn lots of calories, I follow that discipline. I’m taking classes with a particular instructor. He’s not allowed to hit me, because I’m afraid of getting injured, so it’s me that’s punching. I don’t want to go on a television set with a black eye! While I’m in Ajaccio, I train nearly every day. What’s more, this combat sport let’s one manage one’s stress well."

The Thai boxing explains her kewl moves in the "I'm Fed Up" music video

I noticed her arched back whenever she wore slacks or pants with an open belly... I thought it was her flattering figure as opposed a back problem.. . it really gives her a cute caboose!

hey look I found a little waving gif!!!

Last edited by wildfire; 09-21-2009 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: better pix...