Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 03-15-2020, 01:04 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That's funny, but I guess to get a full understanding of what is going on here, we have to look at the lyrics, but I don't feel this song is worth the effort.

You are right, for a deeper understanding we should know the lyrics.
Most of the video clip is nothing special, but I liked the ending
Old 03-15-2020, 11:11 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Because Microsoft is ending their support for Windows 7, I decided to switch my operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10, on my laptop and my desktop and I tell you it's been nothing but frustration. I was very happy with 7 and hated my previous experiences with 10.

I hated this system years ago when I first experienced it and now I hate it with a passion. Why would Microsoft want you to switch to a system that sucks, it's because of the incredible greed of Bill Gates.

He's now retiring so he can concentrate on giving away all the money he's earned. Why doesn't he concentrate on putting together a good operating system that his many victims will enjoy? It's so his company will be able to sell another half ass system today, so he can sell them another half ass system in years to come.

What brought this about is because after my new installation of Windows 10, I tried searching for Julia's lyrics to this song, then I tried to copy and paste it, something that was relatively easy with 7 and that and several other things were an exercise in futility.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-15-2020 at 11:18 PM..
Old 03-16-2020, 05:22 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Because Microsoft is ending their support for Windows 7, I decided to switch my operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10, on my laptop and my desktop and I tell you it's been nothing but frustration. I was very happy with 7 and hated my previous experiences with 10.

I hated this system years ago when I first experienced it and now I hate it with a passion. Why would Microsoft want you to switch to a system that sucks, it's because of the incredible greed of Bill Gates.
Trust me I feel your pain... but eventually it does get better. Windows 7 was really a rock solid OS, the favorite of mine and of many others. I wished Microsoft would have listened to their customers and kept supporting it at least.

I have gotten used to Windows 10. It is pretty stable, but one thing I hate with a passion is that it does not allow you to halt the windows updates until you choose to install it. It will just update and reboot your system. It happened a few nights ago while I slept. I left a bunch of programs running overnight to resume the next day. When I got on my computer, they were all shut down. There are some tricks that I found to make this stop, but so far none have worked.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Trust me I feel your pain... but eventually it does get better. Windows 7 was really a rock solid OS, the favorite of mine and of many others. I wished Microsoft would have listened to their customers and kept supporting it at least.

I have gotten used to Windows 10. It is pretty stable, but one thing I hate with a passion is that it does not allow you to halt the windows updates until you choose to install it. It will just update and reboot your system. It happened a few nights ago while I slept. I left a bunch of programs running overnight to resume the next day. When I got on my computer, they were all shut down. There are some tricks that I found to make this stop, but so far none have worked.
I was venting yesterday about Windows 10 and Bill Gates. I should of been in Europe this past week, but because of Corona, I've been redoing my bedroom, trying to repair old plaster walls.

Sunday was the one day I decided to take it easy. The only thing slightly difficult I chose to do was upgrade my desktop to Windows 10. What could go wrong? The installation seemed to go well, then I get to the part near the end where it asks you about different settings such as what language. Well I found my usb mouse and keyboard weren't working. I tried different usb ports and same thing.

My computer has a ps2 slot where you can plug in 1 ps2 device or use a y connector to plug in 2 ps2 devices. I had a ps2 keyboard but no mouse. I was able to navigate further, but still there were some pages where I needed to get to a certain selection but couldn't get to it. So I needed a mouse. I finally remembered I had a ps2 mouse I take with me when I travel (long story).

So I unplugged my keyboard and plugged in my mouse and voila.......along with the screen keyboard, I was able to get where I needed to go. So I went to the control panel and found out it was flagging all my drivers for the usb settings. I tried updating through the prompts, no help. I went to Asus to get the latest and it was no help. So for the time being, I powered up my newer desktop. I got it several months ago to have something that was vr capable, but I haven't bought anything vr yet, so I'm still using my older, but still very capable desktop.

So I powered up my new computer with windows 10 to do some on line investigation of my problems which went much quicker using an actual keyboard, but I started having other problems. The screen would lock up after about 30 seconds. As soon as I opened task manager, it would fix it self. I checked all the power options and there was no setting that called for putting anything in the system to sleep before 20 minutes.

Then I had another problem. I would do a search for "windows 10 usb drivers not working". Then I'd click on a return. I'd read that, then I'd hit the back arrow to get back to the list of hits, but instead of going back, it would open a new tab with the same page I was just on. No matter how many times I hit that back arrow, it would just keep opening that same page.

After doing some research on that, I found out that someone else who had the same problem found holding down the mouse scroll button for a few seconds would fix it. I tried it and it fixed it. Now pressing down the scroll wheel will turn on the scroll feature. I've done that many a time accidentally, but this was different. When you turn on the scroll feature, the cursor changes to let you know. That wasn't the case here. Like I said, you actually had to hold it down for a couple of seconds. I could find nothing about this in mouse settings.

So what I hoped to be the only easy day of my wasted vacation, turned out to be an exercise in futility and I still have problems to solve.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:42 PM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

I enjoy almost all of Alizee's recordings and all those put out by Julia. The same people that produced Mylene Farmer's material also composed the music for Alizee and Julia, but for some reason, I'm untouched by anything MF does. I wonder, if Alizee or Julia sang Mylene's hits would I feel differently about that music?
Old 03-18-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Shepherd24 View Post
I enjoy almost all of Alizee's recordings and all those put out by Julia. The same people that produced Mylene Farmer's material also composed the music for Alizee and Julia, but for some reason, I'm untouched by anything MF does. I wonder, if Alizee or Julia sang Mylene's hits would I feel differently about that music?
The heck with Boutonnat is back.......Shepherd is back.....woohoo!

That's an interesting thought. If Alizee sang Mylene's hits, would it be the same? One of the amazing parts of listening to Alizee's songs is listening to the great music that goes with it. I've listened to numerous MF songs, thinking they'd do something for me but nothing. There's only one song of hers I really like, but I haven't added it to my listening list.

So was Boutonnat's music specifically tailored towards Alizee's voice? If it was, it would show an amazing ability on his part and something I'd love to hear a lot more of, hint, hint!

Here was a video I put together where you could listen to some of his music without having the distraction of Alizee's voice (distraction!!!!!!!). Of course there is still the distraction of her dancing and some of the best music is playing when she's singing.

I can't believe I left the beginning of Hey Amigo out of that video. It has the most beautiful beginnings imho.

Woohoo Shepherd is back.jpg

Old 03-18-2020, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here was a video I put together where you could listen to some of his music without having the distraction of Alizee's voice (distraction!!!!!!!). Of course there is still the distraction of her dancing and some of the best music is playing when she's singing.

I can't believe I left the beginning of Hey Amigo out of that video. It has the most beautiful beginnings imho.
Great job, Scruffy! Thank you for posting these.Your computer issues might be driving you crazy, but you certainly know how to put together great videos!
Old 03-18-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Great job, Scruffy! Thank you for posting these.Your computer issues might be driving you crazy, but you certainly know how to put together great videos!
Thanks! It's been very frustrating. The main problem is with the usb drivers. I have an Asus motherboard and on their site, they have usb drivers for windows 10, but the computer blocks them. I even found some Asmedia drivers dated last year that Asus uses for their usbs in the Microsoft catalog, but the computer blocks them too.

I have 3 options
Reinstall Windows 7
Do a Windows 10 full install instead of just an upgrade, but I have little confidence in this
I could also buy another motherboard.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:19 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks! It's been very frustrating. The main problem is with the usb drivers. I have an Asus motherboard and on their site, they have usb drivers for windows 10, but the computer blocks them. I even found some Asmedia drivers dated last year that Asus uses for their usbs in the Microsoft catalog, but the computer blocks them too.

I have 3 options
Reinstall Windows 7
Do a Windows 10 full install instead of just an upgrade, but I have little confidence in this
I could also buy another motherboard.
I installed Windows 10 2 times and it was always a painful process with a lot of frustration.
There is always a solution for everything,just watch totorials on youtube and I'm sure it will help you.
Sometimes the solution is very simple.
I remember that i had some bug with a mouse, then i was thinking of buying a new ax (not for splitting wood )
After watching a lot of tutorials i found my solution to the problem which was very simple

Old 04-05-2020, 11:36 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Release of Julia's album has been postponed to June 19 due to the pandemic.

And in the meantime, I've found an "ancient version" of Julia.

Arielle Dombasle - Rhum and Coca Cola