AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

I think we all wish to have MCE era back
Old 01-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeDuSiècle View Post
Except Jalen! We all know he loves his Gourmandises-Alizée!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

I think everyone loves little Lolita
Old 01-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeDuSiècle View Post
Not me, I don't want the MCE era back.

The MCE era is the most memorable for me because it's the era I discovered first. But I prefer to move forward. I enjoyed much of the Psych era and I'm looking forward to the new album. I can always go back and revisit the MCE era videos, songs and En concert, and I'll always have those happy memories. But I hope that Alizée will make new memories for us in the future that we may cherish just as much.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:28 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

probably the best interview yet. i think this is by far the most open she has been in an interview. refreshing to hear he talk more openly for a change. i hope it continues...

kind of interesting really, maybe it is a culture or translation thing but she appears very direct on her opinions and answers. i like it.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:57 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
probably the best interview yet. i think this is by far the most open she has been in an interview. refreshing to hear he talk more openly for a change. i hope it continues...

kind of interesting really, maybe it is a culture or translation thing but she appears very direct on her opinions and answers. i like it.
I believe Alizee is very grounded in who she is, where she is going and who's going with her whether in music or some other endeavor. She is such a refreshing soul.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:24 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default oops, get pretty deep in this post, maybe I should have stay at AF lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Thanks for the translation, Fenris and BiB!

I agree. In case it was unclear, the way this "interview" worked - as described in the link Edgar posted, which also talks about how the cover shoot came about (it was one of several ideas proposed by the magazine) - was that the magazine editor, Benoît Sabatier, picked the songs and Alizée commented as he played them. What's cool is how she managed to say something meaningful about herself with each one. It's an interesting format, and Sabatier made a good selection. I would have loved for it to be longer, but that's just because what's there is so good.

A question I have from it, though: is Jean Fauque involved with the new album? It certainly sounds that way, but he's never been mentioned before.
The interview was for an hour and a half or an hour I think; so, they probably did more stuff, but didn't use all of it. It's like when they do a photo shoot. They might do a couple hundred photos and use three. Speaking of her image. She drives me a little nuts out of my mind with her sexiness and that cover is still right on. And we have her teen years on video at least. I notice that her upbringing doesn't have any problem with covering her body in indelible ink.

Uh, yeah. Anyway, Jean Fauque is not involved. I'm pretty sure she said she was talking to someone else when they decided to do the concept album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Yeah I mean none of this is really new, but just seeing her actually say "maybe it's holding back my image for now" shows a lot of awareness. It acknowledges there's a point to some recent criticism, but that this is the path she has to take.
Actually, in early 2008 as I recall she said she was not going to play the sexy card at any cost. She knew then that it is what people wanted and it would cost her career to set it aside. I do like the way she phrased it in this recent interview though. But yes, if what she was talking about was something other than most of what she has done and it meant that she would still do stuff like this Madonna cover (which cover she is willing to at least do) then I don't see what the problem is. She's super sexy here! I think the confusion is perhaps because of what she sees others in the industry do and because she was working with Mylène who apparently refused to budge on the issue, Mylène who did things like a strip video and obviously Alizée did not want to be pressured into escalating toward that. (And I have a feeling that is the direction things were going. Mylène knew what worked for her and was sure it could work for Alizée too. Maybe Mylène was right, but it just wasn't worth it. And of course, Alizée's baby, while she says was desired, was not planned and that surely put the kibosh on the trend.) I happen to think that Alizée's image is not the worst of her setbacks though. It's just that clearly sex sells and that makes it easier to get attention. But, Alizée still gets more attention than she makes use of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
One must have to be able to be a succesfull pop artist without selling it with a sexy image. It's truly admirable that she's standing up aginst the sexualistation that's characterizing the pop music industry, id est MTV. The JEAM suit and up-skirt dancing have already hurt her image in the sense that "people" don't take her serious as a singer and just see her as some sexy french girl, who probably only lip-syncs.
Well, since you bring it up, I disagree. This is the kind of excuse that is not helping her if she thinks it. It's true to some degree, but however much I may have loved Alizée at any point in time, after I came to realize that so many of her performances are in fact lip-synced and listened to the rest, I have understood that while she may have a lovable voice and certainly has done some great performances, that quality is not especially consistent. That's why I have said she needs to be a more regular performer in order to maintain and develop her talent, or perhaps add some elements of dance to beef up her repertoire. As for actual singing skill/talent, there are much stronger performers. As she said about Les Enfoirés, those are the elite. She started her career amongst the elite and has gotten stuck there in a weak position, a small gold fish in a big pond. I think she does have talent, but it's wasted by disuse and she needs to find a place to express it more often. I wish I could see some indication of an understanding of this or an explanation of how I'm wrong. Well, we'll see what this next album brings.

Oh, and in fact, I think some people actually dislike her because they were fans, fell in love with her, got disappointed and got pissed off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Thanks B&B and Fenris for this wonderful translation. I agree that this is the best interview of Alizee that I have ever heard or read. It confirms once again how together and disciplined Alizee really is in remaining a very good, intelligent and introspective person and true to self. She is a tribute to her strong family and their obvious values. They must be very proud of their daughter. She truly has it all. Damn I'm pumped!
Well, in any case, whatever has happened I think Alizée has made choices that make her family veeeery proud of her.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Smile well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Not me, I don't want the MCE era back.

The MCE era is the most memorable for me because it's the era I discovered first. But I prefer to move forward. I enjoyed much of the Psych era and I'm looking forward to the new album. I can always go back and revisit the MCE era videos, songs and En concert, and I'll always have those happy memories. But I hope that Alizée will make new memories for us in the future that we may cherish just as much.
I'll strongly agree with this statement

O and sorry Roman I don't want to talk about your post cause it's too long an I will probably contradict myself and get lost in it hahaha....
Old 01-08-2010, 12:43 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, since you bring it up, I disagree. This is the kind of excuse that is not helping her if she thinks it. It's true to some degree, but however much I may have loved Alizée at any point in time, after I came to realize that so many of her performances are in fact lip-synced and listened to the rest, I have understood that while she may have a lovable voice and certainly has done some great performances, that quality is not especially consistent. That's why I have said she needs to be a more regular performer in order to maintain and develop her talent, or perhaps add some elements of dance to beef up her repertoire. As for actual singing skill/talent, there are much stronger performers. As she said about Les Enfoirés, those are the elite. She started her career amongst the elite and has gotten stuck there in a weak position, a small gold fish in a big pond. I think she does have talent, but it's wasted by disuse and she needs to find a place to express it more often. I wish I could see some indication of an understanding of this or an explanation of how I'm wrong. Well, we'll see what this next album brings.
Yes, I agree with you on every point. However I meant in the way she's speaking about her long-term plan. The sexy-card is an effectiv but cheap trick. What she have gained from her quick success she now have to "pay" for in credibility in her ambition to be successfull on her own conditions. In order to to convince people she's no longer the Farmer product she will indeed have to work for it, good live performances, quality music, promotion et cetera.
When it comes to her voice I think she have been using it the wrong way to begin with. Her voice works best at the lower register she used before IMO.

I wouldn't mind some straight answers from her either, but will we ever? To bad the interview wasn't very deep even if it gave a few answers.
Anyway, things seems to be looking brighter everytime something new is unveiled, so I have good hope for her future.

Quote:
Oh, and in fact, I think some people actually dislike her because they were fans, fell in love with her, got disappointed and got pissed off.
Yea, but instead of getting pissed off I accept her for who she is and appreciate what she gives without demands for anything.

<3
Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post

two names comes to mind when i read this and that is mot and ayan...

---------------------------------------------------