Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Thank you Ali! I'm very happy to be here

Where in US are you? I'm in Portland, Oregon
Old 11-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Norwegian

Fusoya is on a distinguished road

Welcome DirtyAce
I'll hope you enjoy your stay here, and I was obsessed at once the first time I heard her music as well.
It was a nice read
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Welcome, DirtyACE! You're very welcome here. And there are several fans out in the Pacific Northwest (myself included). If you dig in the forums, you will find many people with almost exactly your story. A bit more than coincidence, I would say.
Enjoy yourself and don't be shy!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:31 AM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone! I'm sure everybody has a great story of how they found Alizee, and I'm happy to have found this forum. I hope I can contribute much to everyones experience here.

fsquared, you're right. I looked around and there seem to be quite a few of us Pacific Northwesterners here. I little funny and weird, wouldn't you say? How we're concentrated in this area.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:47 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

yea, your story and your feelings have many elements of how many people feel about her after getting sucked in by her. it's a great feeling, isn't it? although i think you're the first one who found out alizee through "A Good Year", what you are feeling is very normal and a "course of nature." she has been very "theraputic" for many members here and i think that's a big part of why she means so much to us. anyways, thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the forum. you've joined just in time for her new album, her first in about 4 years!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:52 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Just joined after a few days of lurking around ...
...After watching that performance in its entirety I thought to myself, "Wow, how often does the voice fit the person?" which in this case is a direct reflection of her beauty. I'll be honest, I was truly mesmerized, blown away, captivated... you get the message. I just had to have more, so I've been downloading and listening to her songs pretty much nonstop for 4 days in a row now, even listening now as we speak. I've watched almost every video on this wonderful website. I especially enjoyed the different interviews she's given, they were very interesting, how her career began where she is now.

I'll confess, I've never been so enthralled with any singer or anyone else for that matter. There's just something about her, a certain "je ne sais quoi" shall I say. Something she just radiates. Something I can't quite put my finger on, but I know one thing, it is absolutely wonderful, just wonderful.

One other thing I would like to say, for which you may think of me as some kind of weird or disturbed individual I've been in some kind of real funk lately, like I'm stuck in limbo and just spinning my wheels in place. I guess kind of like the feeling expressed in "J'en Ai Marre!" but it's been for a couple months now. Not sure what it is or what caused it except that it was there and not very pleasant. Now you may notice I said it "was there", not anymore I feel like some heavy burden was lifted off of me, like I got a new injection of energy and just life after listening to Alizee and watching her perform. Like some kind of magical cure!

PS - Sorry for a winded post. I just felt like I really needed to get it out there.
HOLY SHIT!!!...(sorry for the language) It's like listening to myself almost exactly a year ago (practically to the week that I dscovered Alizée), you have no idea. WOW No reason to appoligizeat all, most of us have been there, and have had to get the same things off of our chests.

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I'm sure everybody has a great story of how they found Alizee, and I'm happy to have found this forum. I hope I can contribute much to everyones experience here.

fsquared, you're right. I looked around and there seem to be quite a few of us Pacific Northwesterners here. I little funny and weird, wouldn't you say? How we're concentrated in this area.
Indeed, it is awesome (and a little spookey) to have another Pacific Northwesterner among us. Too bad you didn't find us 3 or 4 months sooner and maybe you might have been able to come to the 23rd birthday party we threw for Alizée.

Glad you found us; welcome!

Last edited by CFHollister; 11-14-2007 at 05:04 AM..
Old 11-14-2007, 07:27 AM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Welcome DirtyACE! Enjoy your stay!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:42 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE
college football (Go Bucks! btw ),
We might can get along I'm a USCe Gamecock fan myself.

Welcome to the site, it really is a great community. Your story has a lot in common with a good number of us, me included. You picked a really good time to discover her too, everything is happening all at once.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:11 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Yeah, pretty weird huh?
Here's my story:
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...bald#post41594
Old 11-14-2007, 11:21 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

welcome to the site DirtyACE. your story is so typical, i bet i could have written it for you. read through this thread and see how many others have said the exact same things

Tags
alizée gifs