Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-05-2007, 09:05 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

the JBG dance has some great choreography. and so does youpidoo. and so does JEAM. hell the whole concert was outstanding!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

JEAM has some good choreography.....theres a part where you'll notice that she walks away from her dance group and goes to the corner of the stage during a portion of the song...then struts back into "formation" without missing a beat. That was impressive.

I love the Moi Lolita part of the concert...especially when she gets down playing those guitars...And i still get the chills (in a good way) when she squeals during a part when she gets sandwiched between the two guitars players.

And lastly, the Parler Tout Bas song was just Angelic! During the interlude part of the song where it's just instrumentals, she stands near the big shoe and a Big Smile forms on her face as she scans the crowd...then suddenly blows a kiss to the crowd. Every1 went Nutz!

And the Bonus material is worth the price of the DVD in itself...I could go ON & ON!!....AWESOME DVD!! If some of u guyz don't have it...GET IT NOW!! I ended up gettin my through Amazon..
http://www.amazon.com/En-Concert-Ali...3148325&sr=8-7
Old 03-05-2007, 09:53 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

The little stuff is so cool.

The foot stomp in Hey Amigo! Fits perfect. I wonder if that was choreographed or ad lib?

The ever so subtle (you gotta watch closely because it only lasts for a second) look she gives the crowd during Moi Lolita when asking the crowd for another response. The best I can describe the look is what you would get from a school teacher disciplinarian looking for a quick answer to a question. Turns head to right, eyes left, stern look..lifted ear. It's there for a split second...then it's gone. Very sexy...in a disciplinarian sort of way....

The carousel music intertwined with the the J'en ai Marre melody at half tempo, with gradual build up to the standard entry. It is both a masterful transition between songs as well as an excellent build up to the song itself.

There's little tid bits like this all throughout the concert.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I agree with everything everyone has said about the DVD. I also love the Alizée slow motion eye blink. Both eyes close and open – too slow I think to be involuntary. During the instrumental portion of Parler Tout Bas she does it. She also does it at the beginning of the JPVA Tour de France performance. I know it’s a small thing, but when she does it, I just melt.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Sous haute-tension

dan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up In complete agreement!

I found myself surprised by just how much I enjoyed the DVD, and I had pretty high expectations beforehand. It was so refreshing to hear new takes, even subtly different ones, on music that I know so well.

But I'd have to say the best part of the DVD is seeing how much she enjoys performing - her interaction with the other musicians and the crowd, her willingness to play guitar seemingly for the first time in front of thousands of fans, her playful eye rolls... In other words, to see her enjoy making music as much as I enjoy listening to it.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Imagine how hard it’s been for her these last few years – she turns on the TV and sees her peers performing on stage in front of enthusiastic fans while all she can do is sit home and watch.

Last edited by lefty12357; 03-05-2007 at 10:31 PM..
Old 03-06-2007, 06:04 AM

loveherfromusa is on a distinguished road

I really enjoy when she is flirting with the band members. I don't see how they can still play while she is smiling at them and dancing around them. It must take a great deal of discipline. If she acted like that to me, I'm sure I would say something like, "uh er uh blub blub ... "

Mon Maquis is great, her soft ballads are beautiful.
I didn't care for JBG or the plastic yellow outfit until I saw the video of it.

I really want to see a concert in person.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:07 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I agree with everything everyone has said about the DVD. I also love the Alizée slow motion eye blink. Both eyes close and open – too slow I think to be involuntary. During the instrumental portion of Parler Tout Bas she does it. She also does it at the beginning of the JPVA Tour de France performance. I know it’s a small thing, but when she does it, I just melt.
My favourite part of the entire concert! She's just... in a little utopia it seems... harmony. And the involuntary blink? Oh it just melts your heart doesn't it!! And the smile... and the kiss...

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 03-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKrupa View Post
My favourite part of the entire concert! She's just... in a little utopia it seems... harmony. And the involuntary blink? Oh it just melts your heart doesn't it!! And the smile... and the kiss...
I am just going to go and check that out, haven't seen it in a very long time and so I haven't got much idea what you talking about .
Old 03-06-2007, 08:23 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKrupa View Post
My favourite part of the entire concert! She's just... in a little utopia it seems... harmony. And the involuntary blink? Oh it just melts your heart doesn't it!! ...
It's like a deep breath, but with the eyes.

It is both voluntary and involuntary; the deep breath analogy is a good one. Sometimes you find yourself taking a deep breath without conciously commanding it...but you do notice it. Other times you decide you need one, and conciously take it. Some people do a similar thing with eyes. While a deep breath boosts your oxygen supply, a deep blink (I guess you could call it that) helps your mind "reset" on the task at hand. Sort of like a...."here we go...".

I also agree it fits Alizée very nicely.

Tags
dvd, en concert, question