Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I wrote Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson a funny email; he responded and now he is sending me an inscribed copy of his book "The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of America's Favorite Planet."
So I am getting something from my hero ... that makes me extremely happy!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hRQuzMVM-yE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Would you say that you're....

STAR STRUCK?

Seriously though, what'd ya say?
Old 06-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hRQuzMVM-yE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Would you say that you're....

STAR STRUCK?

Seriously though, what'd ya say?
Yea man I am ecstatic right now!
Though I did send him a coloring when I was 10 in 5th grade for demoting Pluto I dont remember what I wrote. I emailed Dr. Tyson 4 days ago to make him laugh since he has a great sense of humor (didnt expect him to reply) saying
Dear Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson,
I am writing to you to deeply apologize for a nasty but stern coloring I sent to you, 12 years ago when I was 10 years old, calling you a “big poopoo-head” for demoting Pluto as a planet. Please except my sincerest apologies as for I am a huge fan of your work and deeply regret hurting your feelings with such vicious and harsh words!
Sincerely,
Michael *. *********

He responded
Quote:
Dear Michael,

I have only a vague memory of that particular letter -- my file cabinet brims with such correspondence. But I nonetheless warmly accept your apology, knowing that you were simply being honest about your feelings at the time.

Sincerely,

-Neil

p.s. As a token of appreciation for your atonement, I'll be sending you an inscribed copy of "The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of America's Favorite Planet". My assistant Elizabeth ********* will be in touch.
And then his assistant emailed me and I supplied my information as well as saying

Oh wow thank you very much I really appreciate it!
Once again thank you very much and please do tell Dr. Tyson I really appreciate it! I am currently an Aerospace Engineering Major at the University at Buffalo and Dr. Tyson is huge hero to me!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Recline yourself

I'm always surprised when a high-profile person's email is just out there for anyone.

It would be my dream to email M. Night Shamallamadingweiner,

To: M. Shittyshittybangbang
Subject: The Last Airbender

Dear Mr. M. Nightlightmylady,

Why?

Love and affection,
Jalen
Old 06-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Mr. Mike

^Yea that movie was terrible, definitely not his best!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Recline yourself

Quote:
^Yea that movie was terrible, definitely not his best!
I turned it off after Inuit Whitey McCornfed said that "Ung" was having a lot of trouble with water bending.

I never turn off movies.

The only other movie in my life I've cut short was "The Omega Man" or something with the guy from Iron Chef America... and that movie made me want to hurt people. They said it was based off of I Am Legend...

ROBERT NEVILLE DIDN'T GO OUT AT NIGHT AND KILL ZOMBIES BARE-HANDED FOR FUN
Old 06-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Having underground utilities and Fios so I could keep pwning noob campers in MW3 last night and check this forum while the the world ended outside the window. (Big storm came through, most of region still without power) Actually, I'm bad at MW3 because I'm too slow, but I still have a great time with it.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Mr. Mike

Arrived home to NYC yesterday, rode the World Famous Coney Island Cyclone today for 25 cents for its 85th birthday. It was my second time riding it the first being about 5 years ago. It was fun but not too thrilling especially when I am used to riding Kingda Ka at Great Adventure in New Jersey
I wanted to take more and better pictures but my phone ran out of battery from traveling the day before and I forgot to charge it!

And for those who dont know what Kingda Ka is, it is the worlds Tallest at 456 feet and the worlds 2nd fastest at 128 miles per hour roller coaster!
It launches from 0-128 in 3.5 seconds and let me tell you, you really feel those Gs!
NOT MY VIDEO!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0I-91MFE-WQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 07-01-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Old 07-01-2012, 09:33 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Arrived home to NYC yesterday, rode the World Famous Coney Island Cyclone today for 25 cents for its 85th birthday. It was my second time riding it the first being about 5 years ago. It was fun but not too thrilling especially when I am used to riding Kingda Ka at Great Adventure in New Jersey
I wanted to take more and better pictures but my phone ran out of battery from traveling the day before and I forgot to charge it!

AHHH the Cyclone! Last time I was at Coney Island was actually about two years ago. I believe that was the same year where Nathan's didn't have an official "most hotdogs eaten" winner that year because the dude got disqualified or something. Haha. The only thing I don't like about Coney Island is that the people who work there are devious, money hungry tricksters. They'll definitely try to either guilt trip you or ego boost you into spending money. They're damn good at it, too.

I remember when they did construction work at Coney Island back when I started high school and it extended my train ride to 2 hours due to all the transfers I had to make. And guess when construction was finished? THE MONTH AFTER I GRADUATED. WTF COME ON!

But it does look A LOT nicer there at the Coney Island train station now that construction has been completed.

Things that make me happy:

Spending an entire day window shopping with a cutie pie after watching the movie "Brave". The old lady working at Macy's looked at us while we were on the tempur-pedic mattresses and made a comment to her co-worker: "They're probably only in here because there's AC." I turned to my date and went, "They're onto us. Let's get the hell out of here."

Then we went to Toys R' Us just for kicks and I was surprised to find items that were around even before my time: like a Robocop toy from the 1980's. And yet, they didn't have any of those cool X-Men action figures that I used to collect when I was a kid. I saw a lego set with the Millennium Falcon fully built in the display and could not contain my nerdiness. She didn't seem to mind.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 07-03-2012, 05:52 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pRtyqK4nbVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this video is giving me LIFE.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

girl at work makes me happy.