Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 01:33 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Lol, this place is (thankfully) not Lilly town. Because then, either 1- it wouldn't exist (no offense, jung, Melissa is still good), or 2- it would all be French and I'd be lost for what to post.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I hate this thread its so depressing....just saying.

But yah this just shows that Alizee fans can actually burn out, but they never leavebecause they know they still love her music and beauty...
Old 07-22-2010, 03:58 AM

*coughcoughmassleaveofspring2010cough*
Old 07-22-2010, 07:43 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum Jake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
........................... Now, 99.9% of what I listen to is Alizee. This has never happened to me before. I've listened to a lot of singers and watched their music videos or DVD concert before. I would do that maybe for days, even weeks, then I would moved on. But with Alizee, I just couldn't get tired of listening or watching her. ......................
Ditto here. I've known about her for about 3 1/2 years now and hardly ever listen to anything else. No matter how much you like someone's music, you'd think you'd get tired of hearing it day after day. But I don't. Can't explain it. Like you, this has never happened to me before and I'm no spring chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
You know what's sad? I was in Italy from 1998-2001. I could have been stationed for another 3 years in Germany after that. Which means I COULD HAVE WATCH EN CONCERT LIVE! Who knows? Maybe another three years in Europe and I would have heard or watched Alizee somehow. That was during the height of her career anyway. I was also in Paris during the summer of 2001! Oh well. At least I've been to the place where she now lives.
I work for an airline and if I had known about her, I could have easily gone over to see a lot of her shows.

If I could have one wish granted concerning Alizee, it would to have been front row, center stage during one of her En Concert performances at the Olympia theater.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:44 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

You can still be a fan and be critical?
I'm a fan and always will be...
However, i'm not all that keen on Ueds (with a few exceptions). I don't think it's a great album. I also think that a lot of her career decisions have been totally wrong.
Dosen't mean i've stopped being a fan...
Old 07-22-2010, 10:33 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

For a touring thing, I think that live performances are essential for a promotion. When it comes to a concert in a city, it means the promotion with posters, a lot of different advertising: through the internet, local media and newspapers; it can easily call one's attention. There is a lot of music on the market, loads of different musicians and bands, one can easily miss particular singer. I believe that local promotion is very important, that promotion which directly catches the customer.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
*coughcoughmassleaveofspring2010cough*
what a sad day for AAm

Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 AM

Yeah, it was majorly sad. But Aaron needed reminding that Alizée is not perfect. While UEDS is a good album, I thínk my initial enjoyment of it sprung from the fact that it was new. While I still enjoy song like Les Collines, Factory Girl, Límelight, Grand Central and Eden Eden, songs like Une Fille Dificile, Mes Fantômes, and A Cœur Fendre have markedly fell off in level of enjoyment. And I didn't enjoy those that much to begin with!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:13 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

it's a different style of music and it's not for everyone. welcome to artists evolving. Annihilator did that and they went from tHrash to trash. not to say it's a bad thing in alizée's case. it's just as i mentioned before, not for everyone.

Last edited by Människöpesten; 07-22-2010 at 11:25 AM..
Old 07-22-2010, 02:22 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Welcome to the forum Jake.

Ditto here. I've known about her for about 3 1/2 years now and hardly ever listen to anything else. No matter how much you like someone's music, you'd think you'd get tired of hearing it day after day. But I don't. Can't explain it. Like you, this has never happened to me before and I'm no spring chicken.

I work for an airline and if I had known about her, I could have easily gone over to see a lot of her shows.

If I could have one wish granted concerning Alizee, it would to have been front row, center stage during one of her En Concert performances at the Olympia theater.
Thanks for the welcome, Scruffydog! I know you are a legend here. I wish I didn't miss out on that great opportunity of having a signed copy of UEDS. I wish my UEDS has been signed by Lily. Hopefully, we'll get another chance like that in the future. At least you got the chance to meet her in person. I've seen all the pictures and they were wonderful. I felt like I was there as well. Thanks for sharing us all your experience.
Also, great job on your endeavor promoting her. I'm trying to do my small part here as well. Just simple stuff like introducing her music to my friends, or changing my avatar or pics to Alizee and having a link of her site as my signature on some other forums that I belong (No. They're not other singers' forums).