Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Well I just got back from northern Minnesota where relatives have a cabin on a beautiful lake. I had a wonderful time ! Nothing like the north woods to clear your head.

I see they are not having such a wonderful time in Corsica where they have been ravaged by fires: http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fra...se-du-sud-.php

It's sad to see 6000 hectares of maquis and forest being burned to cinders.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Yeah. I'd have to say that deaf and blind idiots rarely make good friends.
for sure man. now that everyone else is pissed at him, he's trying to pull off as if it was just a joke of his.

whatever though. KILL THE INFIDELS!!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Yeah. I'd have to say that deaf and blind idiots rarely make good friends.
I disagree, they won't tease you about your weight and they'll listen to your problems. They don't need to comprehend anything when you need to vent.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Sunday/Today was goo and painful lol. On Synday at night my friend who i knew way back when when I was a little kid, got seperated because of the war that broke out. She found me yesterday after so many years on Facebook. Man was i shoked at first i didnt know who she was, but then she started to talk about the good old days and it hit mew like a ton of bricks lol. Today was painfull because the very fist car i lifted up on the lift it legt me a scar on my forehead lol. The exaust waws so dam hot i turned my head and bumped into the hot exaust for only like miliseconds, and I still have the burn mark on my head lol. All i was saying this is gona be a great day lol.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
Sunday/Today was goo and painful lol. On Synday at night my friend who i knew way back when when I was a little kid, got seperated because of the war that broke out. She found me yesterday after so many years on Facebook. Man was i shoked at first i didnt know who she was, but then she started to talk about the good old days and it hit mew like a ton of bricks lol. Today was painfull because the very fist car i lifted up on the lift it legt me a scar on my forehead lol. The exaust waws so dam hot i turned my head and bumped into the hot exaust for only like miliseconds, and I still have the burn mark on my head lol. All i was saying this is gona be a great day lol.

WOW.

got separated because of a war? that's intense dude..

Old 07-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Well yeah in the 90's the war that broke out in Yugoslavia, and was the cause that Yugoslavia split into many bulkan countries. yeah I still remember when our convoy of refugeese was bombed by 2 enemy aircraft. i was 7 years old my little brother was 4 and i still remember it as if it happened yesterday. trying to sleep and all u hear is artilery and bombs going off all around you is not easily forgoten.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
WOW.

got separated because of a war? that's intense dude..
Well, the reason my parents left their home country before I was born was because of warfare and violence and the further drastic rips in culture and social class in the country and the people.
War can do a lot to people, which is why I don't support it, yet I don't protest against it, for being an animalian race we are forever bound to warfare, violence, and death.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Well, the reason my parents left their home country before I was born was because of warfare and violence and the further drastic rips in culture and social class in the country and the people.
War can do a lot to people, which is why I don't support it, yet I don't protest against it, for being an animalian race we are forever bound to warfare, violence, and death.
yeah true war can do good things and bad. My fealings are same as urs i do/dont suport it, but I dont protest against it.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:04 PM

i think everyone's been impacted by some war somehow.

like for me, my family on my mothers side is north korean. but by that i mean my grandparents from her side of the family are from there, so i've never met my other cousins and such. my grandparents were lucky enough to be in south korea studying at a university when the war broke out and ended up in the south.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

So the prep and training stage for the massive project I've been involved in at work for two months finally wrapped up today. Tomorrow I have one measly day of peace...and then Sunday it goes live, and we find out just how much trouble we're all in.

You know that sequence in 'Armageddon', where all the guys going up on the shuttles get one day to themselves to do whatever they want before the mission? That's kinda how I feel right now. (OK, the fate of the world isn't hanging in the balance, or anything, but still...)

Ima watch 'En Concert' tomorrow, I think. And maybe 'Amélie' again.

Pray for me, ladies and dudes. Or send me some positive mental juju, if you're not the praying kind. We'll need all the help we can get!

EDIT: Uh...backreading a couple of posts here, I realize I come off as kind of a self-absorbed ass in the wake of Srb's story up there. Just to be clear, I'm being facetious here. I don't mean to imply that my minor career crisis has anything on what he and his family must have gone through.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 08-01-2009 at 02:26 AM..