Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Size does not matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Dr. T.V., no disrespect intended, but if you don't count the repetitive refrains, there are only 72 words in this whole song. You've now hit 72,000.
Thank you for your interest and courteous inquiry.

1. Instrumental pieces have ZERO words and yet they can be great MUSIC. (And yes, I LOVE IT when Alizée sings "nah-nah-nah-nah-nah" in JPVA.)

2. "Brevity is the soul of wit." (Hmm... what does that make me? ;o) ) There are probably fewer symbols in Maxwell's four equations and the Lorentz force law than in "Les Collines" and yet the former explains all of classical electrodynamics. By the way, when teaching electrodynamics I've surely used something like 72,000 words over the semester. I guess I could instead simply let the students figure out the import of the five basic equations on their own. But that would make collecting tuition too hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
References to Greek mythos notwithstanding, I still see this song as rather airy and fluffy. Is it maybe just slightly possible that you're overanalyzing?

Either that, or you're staging a filibuster.. you tell me.
Again I say song is an art intended to engender FEELING, NOT disclose FACT. Partly it does that through melody and rhythm, and partly through the RICH AMBIGUITIES AND CONNOTATIONS of the precious few words it does use.

Re: your posting topic phrase - I explicitly wrote Joe Jacotey that if his daughter read the "pre-Mintel directory" I would listen to her do so. I really did, LOL. I'm beginning to suspect you are not really a member of <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4831">The Cult</a>...
<hr>
Postscript: I loved Alizée's energetic performances in <i>En Concert</i>. This recently reminded me of another artist I enjoy, Sevara Nazarkhan, and her wonderful version of <i>Yalla jonim</i>. It has even FAR fewer unique words than does <i>Les Collines</i>!

<center><object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8uK3H2eY3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8uK3H2eY3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object></center>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-08-2010 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: add Sevara Nazarkhan's Yalla jonim
Old 02-22-2010, 07:34 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
your posting topic phrase - I explicitly wrote Joe Jacotey that if his daughter read the "pre-Mintel directory" I would listen to her do so. I really did, LOL.
Umm...OK...Because that isn't the least bit creepy in any way what so ever . It's no wonder why she runs from her fans.

Regards,

Jung

Old 02-22-2010, 10:20 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

I hope it's okay to quote yourself but I still think this song might be about 9/11. I was just reading about swans and when they mate, they seperate from the flock and become very territorial. How often have you seen swans on a pond or a lake in pairs? Swans stand out from the other birds you usually see there by their size, their grace and their beauty as did the WTC towers stand out from and grace the New York skyline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

But what I was thinking is this song makes a lot of sense if you tie it in with 9/11. Running for the hills has always represented running for safety and in this case it was the people of N.Y. city not necessarily running for the hills but fleeing the city. Her bags being empty, well the people who fled certainly didn't have time to pack anything, whether it be personnal possessions from work or condo's or apartments in the area.

In the second melody she mentioned timid big cats. I posted earlier that I thought big cats might represent big shots. Of course big cats would be all these big cats of wall street and the business world, looking pretty timid as they flee the city. As far as wounded swan, that could represent the city itself or maybe the people in it. Just of all who if not wounded physically, were wounded emotionally by seeing the city they loved so much, damaged in this way.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

The photo shoot yesterday gave us one clue. This album isn't just about Edie Sedgwick after all, it's about the entire 20th century, hence the title. There may also be overtones about Sedgwick, and of course it will all come back to Alizée, reverberations of different parts of the century to her own life and personality.

(The 9/11 attack occurred in the 21st century, Scruffy. Sorry, don't think so.)

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

(The 9/11 attack occurred in the 21st century, Scruffy. Sorry, don't think so.)
That's a good point.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:22 PM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road

I think Les collines makes more sense if you look at it from a French perspective. The chorus is in English, and so from the French language perspective, the chorus is practically vocal-instrumental rather than lyrical.

There is a word for this, which I can't remember. It would be an interesting experiment to replace the chorus with the equivalent in piano, or etc... and see how it comes across...

Hylas1896
Old 02-22-2010, 04:05 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Re: your posting topic phrase - I explicitly wrote Joe Jacotey that if his daughter read the "pre-Mintel directory" I would listen to her do so. I really did, LOL. I'm beginning to suspect you are not really a member of The Cult...
I have to agree with Jung on this one. No wonder the women moved her family into a gated community.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:25 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I have to agree with Jung on this one. No wonder the women moved her family into a gated community.
Yup. Being a fan is all nice and dandy, but one should stay away from her or her family.
Going to concerts and autograph sessions or supporting her wherever you reasonably can do so is all ok, but somewhere you have to draw a line.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

indeed you do....man who would go stalk her family, that is just sick and creepy, and very unecessary, especially when the star is Alizée
Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Well, what docdtv said he did isn't as bad as all that, even if he actually did it, which we can't be certain of. (This is a person with a very strange sense of humor, I've observed. ) Normally I would say that a person's family should be totally left alone, but the fact is Joseph Jacotey is himself a somewhat public figure, with his photography on display on the Internet, and he is also very proud of his daughter. So having someone write him via his public channels (which are there for that purpose) and express praise of Alizée does not constitute stalking. I've written to him myself, not about Alizée but about his photography and about Corsica, and he wrote back. (I wrote in French, he replied in English, which was kind of interesting.) Saying that fans of Alizée shouldn't communicate with her father is in this case almost like saying that fans of Angelina Jolie shouldn't communicate with her SO.

Of course, it's very possible to overdo it, and definitely nobody should try to use Jo as a channel to communicate with Alizée herself. But it doesn't sound like that's what docdtv did.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716