Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-27-2010, 01:19 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Holy frick. This vote has been going on for 3 years??? Jeez.. and here I was wondering if it'll be ending soon.
Well, I suppose there were times when not much or any was happening, but somehow someone always keeping bringing it back up. Yeah, we did really well in those early days, like the early days of the album promotion this year.
We got into some heated battles back in the day, especially with the fans of Gregory Lemarchal, who as you can see is still charting high on this particular web site sometimes (in spite of the fact that this particular singer died a few years back of some disease I don't remember which). And we've had times when Alizée was consistently winning with no paid votes at all while the competitors were all paid. RadioAtlantis has earned tons of money just by us trying to get our singer played like once a week on their radio station (and on the web site).
There have been other votes too, of course. We actually got Alizée to win the opportunity to perform once in Switzerland with our votes. And actually, the award for best concert performance that she went to Mexico to collect was won by diligent fan votes online.

Merci Fanny
Old 07-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, I suppose there were times when not much or any was happening, but somehow someone always keeping bringing it back up. Yeah, we did really well in those early days, like the early days of the album promotion this year.
We got into some heated battles back in the day, especially with the fans of Gregory Lemarchal, who as you can see is still charting high on this particular web site sometimes (in spite of the fact that this particular singer died a few years back of some disease I don't remember which). And we've had times when Alizée was consistently winning with no paid votes at all while the competitors were all paid. RadioAtlantis has earned tons of money just by us trying to get our singer played like once a week on their radio station (and on the web site).
There have been other votes too, of course. We actually got Alizée to win the opportunity to perform once in Switzerland with our votes. And actually, the award for best concert performance that she went to Mexico to collect was won by diligent fan votes online.
That is friggen cool!! I take it you're talking about the lunas del auditoro award? That's amazing! I didn't know that it was due to some online voting!!

Did she ever perform in Switzerland? If she did, I totally missed out on it.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
That is friggen cool!! I take it you're talking about the lunas del auditoro award? That's amazing! I didn't know that it was due to some online voting!!

Did she ever perform in Switzerland? If she did, I totally missed out on it.
What the bubble bath?! Lunas Del Auditorio was given because of online voting? That is quite awesome. And sadly she never did perform in Swissyland....
Old 07-27-2010, 06:29 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, you have to realize that some of us started voting in late 2007. So, if sometimes we lose the muster to keep up on it, it shouldn't be so surprising.
I think this year was pretty amazing in that she held number 1 for 11 straight weeks at one point. Anyway, apparently it comes and goes. It's just a matter of when a lot of people happen to surge on it at the same time.

I'm sure it must be tough for a lot of people to try and remember to vote day after day, hour after hour. Even with my RadioAtlantis reminder in my signature, I often forget. I see it so often, I'm more or less oblivious to it now.

But I think we accomplished our main mission with this voting. When this song first came out, it seems like it wasn't getting much air time in France, but thanks to our efforts, the people in that area of France where RadioAtlantis broadcasts, have heard this song several times. Ultimately it's how good the song is that will determine how well it will do in that area.

I will definitely try my best to keep voting as often as I can, but I'm not going to keep insisting people keep voting. I will save those efforts for when a new single or new album is released and we'll need to get word out there and we'll need everyone to vote at the time that is most important, when it's first released.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:36 PM

dwightks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm sure it must be tough for a lot of people to try and remember to vote day after day, hour after hour. Even with my RadioAtlantis reminder in my signature, I often forget. I see it so often, I'm more or less oblivious to it now.

But I think we accomplished our main mission with this voting. When this song first came out, it seems like it wasn't getting much air time in France, but thanks to our efforts, the people in that area of France where RadioAtlantis broadcasts, have heard this song several times. Ultimately it's how good the song is that will determine how well it will do in that area.

I will definitely try my best to keep voting as often as I can, but I'm not going to keep insisting people keep voting. I will save those efforts for when a new single or new album is released and we'll need to get word out there and we'll need everyone to vote at the time that is most important, when it's first released.
I get what you're saying, but I'm just afraid that there wont be another single or album. I discovered Alizée less than 3 weeks ago, and I have been obsessed with her. I have done a lot of research on her and I noticed that her last album failed in terms of sales. It just sucks for me to discover her when she might stop her career. I'm just trying to make the most out of what I can for now, so I'm very enthusiastic about this vote. I don't really mind it if other people don't vote, but I will vote for now.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightks View Post
I get what you're saying, but I'm just afraid that there wont be another single or album. I discovered Alizée less than 3 weeks ago, and I have been obsessed with her. I have done a lot of research on her and I noticed that her last album failed in terms of sales. It just sucks for me to discover her when she might stop her career. I'm just trying to make the most out of what I can for now, so I'm very enthusiastic about this vote. I don't really mind it if other people don't vote, but I will vote for now.
I'm worried about her future too. But I will keep promoting her in every way I can. As long as she continues to fight, I'll keep fighting too. She means too much to me for me to give up.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

If someone can tell me how I can vote, I'll to love to do it.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée View Post
If someone can tell me how I can vote, I'll to love to do it.
This is where you vote

http://www.radioatlantis.fr/fr/class...ade/index.html
Old 07-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightks View Post
If you mean "Psychédélices", it did not sell really well in France, but worldwide it sold around 200,000 or so units. That's not bad at all considering. But if you are talking about her latest album, "Une Enfant du Siècle", it hasn't done well in France at all. Unfortunately it appears that few people have even heard any of it there. We don't seem to have any other numbers that I know of for other regions. It would be nice to know how it's doing in Mexico, where her largest fan base is. Keep in mind this album is still in promo and Alizée has not visited Mexico yet. So it's not over and hopefully things will pick up.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
If you mean "Psychédélices", it did not sell really well in France, but worldwide it sold around 200,000 or so units. That's not bad at all considering. But if you are talking about her latest album, "Une Enfant du Siècle", it hasn't done well in France at all. Unfortunately it appears that few people have even heard any of it there. We don't seem to have any other numbers that I know of for other regions. It would be nice to know how it's doing in Mexico, where her largest fan base is. Keep in mind this album is still in promo and Alizée has not visited Mexico yet. So it's not over and hopefully things will pick up.
I was talking about UEDS and yeah I hope that it picks up from here. What scares me is that the album was released 4 months ago and I think that less than 10,000 units were sold so far.