Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-12-2019, 03:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Beautiful picture posted today by Annily. Someone else will have to post it.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Beautiful picture posted today by Annily. Someone else will have to post it.
Oooppsss…

Scruffy, you are “spot on”, as always…

This one is pretty “outstanding”…

Simply “stunning”, in more ways than one…

Fake smile”…

“Fake”, I don’t know about that, but I do know that, that “smile” would probably “stop a charging Rhino at 50 yards”…

A good friend of mine has this "little phrase" that she comes away with, on occasion, that I’ve never quite “got”, and, my usual response to it is something like “Eh, huh, wot”???”

The phrase is…

“Cute Beams set to Stun”…

I took one look at that “shot” of Annily, and, ahhhhh “realization dawned”…

I “get it” now…

And, y’know, in this situation it’s perfectly apt…

There is probably going to be a large swath of “guys”, and “gals” on IG, as well as any “appropriately aged” bodies the local area, that were “in range” when this “phenomena” was “unleashed”, that are just simply gonna be “knocked out”, just, totally "stunned"…

And I don’t blame them, one bit…

Now, seemingly, the “little”, “little lady” has “no mercy”, whatsoever, for, she rapidly launched a “second attack”, just right after the first, to “overcome” any of the “survivors” she missed with her first “shot”…

See what I mean…

Half of the appropriate age group on IG, (and her local area too, probably), is going to be thinking “eh, huh, what, who, is it me, me, me me, please”…

Hmm, I wonder if that smile would come under the "category" of being a “WMD”, for it probably has a hellacious “area of effect” template, if you know what I mean…

Just, simply, stunning…

Now, the “fake smile” thing, she does not need, she just, has to “be herself”, for my “hunch” is, that that will be more than “sufficient” for any “situation”, that she is likely to encounter in her life…

In my last “vocation”, believe it or not, “fake smiles” were a very “necessary”, and efficient “communication” method, that were apt, to a lot of different circumstances…

They ranged from the little “pat on the head” smile, through to the “you really ARE a “big girl’s blouse"” smile, right through to the “yep, you really have “messed up”, “kiss your “bootie” goodbye, ‘cos your’e gonna dhhhieeee” smile…

The latter one showed waay to much “canine”, and, made “little doggies” and small animals run away “yipping”; small children cry; “old” or “infirm” people “faint”; and usually got “ very difficult situations” “resolved” very very quickly…

Ah, these “were the days”…

<sigh>…

Anyhow…

I’m thinking the “little lady” has been giving the “little”, “little lady” “lessons” from the “How to enslave “male humanity””, chapter of the “How to be a Superstar”, “cookbook”…

Alizée, beg to report that the “little”, “little lady” has learned her lessons well…

I think she’s doing just fine…
Old 11-13-2019, 03:29 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road
Default Whoa, that's a full rainbow all the way!

RedRafe, I've always been amazed by your ability to find so much joy in so simple things . Your energy and complete devotion to Alizée and her family made me think of this video:

Old 11-13-2019, 08:16 PM
Neutral Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
RedRafe, I've always been amazed by your ability to find so much joy in so simple things . Your energy and complete devotion to Alizée and her family made me think of this video:

Ah, but there is “joy” to be found in “simple things”, you just have to take the time to “look”, and “appreciate” them…

I’m an observer of the Buddhist “ways”, to be honest, probably the “worst Buddhist ever”, but it is a “philosophy”, a way of “living” and “conducting” oneself, that after the “life experiences” that I have had, I find very “healing”, and especially “relevant”…

There is an absolute plethora of “knowledge” and “wisdom”, in the various teachings, but there are three that I find most relevant to my life…

And they are…

“Live every act fully, as if it were your last”.

“Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.”

“Do not mourn the past, says Buddha. That is the secret of health both for the mind and the body. Nor should you worry about the future, he adds. Instead, one ought to live in the present moment, wisely and earnestly.”

Wisdom, indeed

The “past” is “gone”. You can’t change it, you may learn from it, but, by its very nature, you cannot relive it…

The “future”, which you do not yet “have”, is not “guaranteed”, except for one thing, you will “pass” at one point or another, despite any “plans” or “schemes” that you have in place…

The “present”, “now”, is the only thing that you really truly do “have”, so enjoy it to it’s “fullest”…

I’ve lost a “fortune”, with the merest “flourish of a pen”, “gone” to someone that I thought would be at my side “forever”, “inseparable”, leaving me with literally “nothing”, and I’ve seen countless “lives” taken, “torn away”, in the merest “blink of an eye”. Gone…

Gone, despite all the “plans”, the “scheming”, the “reassurances”, the “foundations” laid for a “better future”…

So, please forgive me if I find so much joy, in the seemingly simple things in life, in the “now”…

For who knows what “tomorrow” may bring…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Your energy and complete devotion to Alizée and her family made me think of this video:

That is a sweet video, and the guy is obviously overcome by the sheer wonder of what he is witnessing. Wish I had been there, for that is something, that, if you are/were extremely lucky, you might see once, in maybe, ooohh, 10 lifetimes…

Hmm, now, my complete “devotion to Alizée and her family”…

I’ve “followed” Alizée, for a loongg time now, probably longer than I am prepared to admit.

I’ve seen her “highs” and “lows”, her “happiness” and her “pain”, her “triumphs”, and, her “tragedies”, for want of a better word, and, she has “carried”/”conducted” herself “impeccably”, throughout…

That, among many other things, earns her my “unequivocal”, and “undying” respect…

Is she “perfect”, nopes, not at all, she is very “human”, and that just makes me respect her all the more, for all that she has achieved…

“Devotion”, hmm, well, I’d never thought about it like that, but I will admit that I do have “infinite time” for them all…

And, I don’t see that changing, anytime soon…

Despite what anyone thinks…
Old 11-14-2019, 12:22 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
So, please forgive me if I find so much joy, in the seemingly simple things in life, in the “now”…
I didn't accuse you - quite the contrary. It's good that looking at Annily photos makes you happy and you can share your happiness with us. Otherwise, why had Alizée sacrificed the best years of her life for Annily. I'm glad you've found your way to get through a tough time, if it is the appropriate phrasing here.

Thank you for explaining some Buddhist precepts. The last one is known as Carpe diem in Western culture. I've found that there is even a venerable French prog-rock band with that name:

Carpe Diem - Wedding Day

Last edited by Silencio; 11-14-2019 at 12:35 AM..
Old 11-25-2019, 12:05 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Annily and 1 day old Maggy.

What a great picture.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

What a great picture.

As CleverCowboy said, "Great picture!!!
Old 11-26-2019, 01:24 AM
Neutral Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

What a great picture.

Quote:
As CleverCowboy said, "Great picture!!!
<RedRafe, speechless, for once>

Wot they said…

Words, really just do not suffice, in this case…
Old 12-06-2019, 10:40 AM

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Alizee Ajaccio beach.jpg
Old 12-06-2019, 11:49 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wow!!!!!!!!!
I'll second that! She is very photogenic.