Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-17-2010, 02:23 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
The press wouldn't have to be involved in a video for uploading to the net. Also if she did it in her house no one would know it was her house unless they were invited guests. She may have to get creative and this might be a medium for her. I don't know how you felt about how she was dressed, but I thought the red top was very classy and she looked great. The dress wasn't bad either. I think that even if she came out in her birthday suit someone would whine about that lol. The dancers on the other hand were a bit over the top pole dancing without the pole, but that's the choreographers problem. The whole show seemed to lack professionality, but I think Alizee gave it some class that it otherwise wouldn't have had and she made the best of a bad situation. It also appeared that she was having some fun with it. Alizee is a real trooper.
ALIZEE FOREVER
Agreed agreed agreed....
Old 05-17-2010, 02:51 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
her smile? yes

her clothes? No...

I like her performances but her clothes.... not really...

the pullover is kinda weird... but it's okay...

but her blouse? No. it looks "cheap". pretty ugly. sorry Lili but you could have done better... I mean that looks like "I want to look sexy but I have no idea how"... and that's pretty sad... she is such a beautiful girl and choose so weird clothes...
Well, and that second outfit looked different at first, like it depends on the distance. I don't know. It doesn't really bother me, but... it is rather different. I just wonder what the circumstances are in which she picked out this stuff. Maybe they had some clothes and said, how about you pick out something that will stand out. Or even someone suggested it to her.

And however much I may like or not any particular choreography, I think the performances where she has a bunch of backup dancers are cool. I like when they make a big production out of it and put Alizée in the center, not that she hasn't also done some very simple and adorable performances even just sitting down (La Javanaise par exemple).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
True. For several years now, there is no more popular show about music, in which singers could perform...
It seems strange to me that one would rather have Alizée on their show and do a half hour interview rather than have a performance and quick interview like she did so many of years ago. Ok, on tv I guess it's been more like 5 or 10 minutes. Maybe it's because it would cost them a lot to have equipment and all the people and so forth and tv is really not making much money anymore. ?? In which case, I wish Alizée had been more pioneering and created her own shows and then put them on the web or tried to license them to tv stations or something. But I guess that's the problem, everyone's attention is now diverted from somewhat large relatively spectacular or glamorous presentations such as "tv" and onto guys in their bedroom doing YouTube videos. So, those for whom it doesn't make sense to do that are having difficulty figuring out how to get attention and make it pay off. So many people are doing "little" things and getting paid little or nothing for it. How does one run a serious promotion anymore? How much time and money is Alizée supposed to spend just for the scraps left of what people are willing to pay for CDs? Is it true that only small time performers doing long tours where they play just anywhere they can or huge stars like Mylène Farmer are being "successful", or is all that just b.s.?

Supposedly, it is at concerts where musicians make their money, yet everyone who worked with Alizée is touring around and she's at home waiting for them to return. If she can't be a performing artist who will tour, what's left for her to do? I think the album is largely just an advertisement for concerts and concerts an opportunity to sell the album, but that's not how it has been for Alizée. Last time she released an album, remixes, music videos, special editions of singles, and did several tv shows... but no concert in France and sales were ok, but far from great.

I think there should be more professional looking dance/music shows with elaborate choreography. I'm not really into ballet much, but big performances like in some movies or some dance shows are really cool. But again, only the best would survive in modern television I guess. At Les Enfoirés, they approach the type of thing I'm talking about, but while that show is a lot of fun, it's far from the awesomeness that a professional dance troupe could pull off. If Alizée was a part of such a thing, that would be the best. I thought her 2003 concerts were of that sort, especially since she was actually singing at the same time. She did 42 of those. Anyway... past is past.

Perhaps everyone is distracted from supporting the best of the "classical arts" because everyone is becoming a content creator now, not to mention the whole worldwide "economic depression" thing. But, let's get real, if a beautiful and sexy woman like Alizée gets on stage and shakes her hips a bit to a nice beat while seeming to sound good singing a song... you can't go wrong. That's why Moi... Lolita is so simple and so obviously works. It's chemistry. You heard the crowd. They like it.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-17-2010, 12:46 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Personally, I feel that Alizee is not among the greatest singers of our times. She is, however, one of the greatest performers I have ever seen. Her singing, dancing skills, her persona, her awesomeness, her class make an irresistible combination. Remove any one thing and as Roman said, the whole chemistry is lost.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think the reason there aren't any variety shows anymore is simply because they get bad ratings nowadays. Few people want to watch that kind of thing. Then add to that the high ratings of "reality" shows that are much cheaper to produce. Just look at what happened with Jay Leno's attempt to put his show in prime time - total failure.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I think the reason there aren't any variety shows anymore is simply because they get bad ratings nowadays. Few people want to watch that kind of thing. Then add to that the high ratings of "reality" shows that are much cheaper to produce. Just look at what happened with Jay Leno's attempt to put his show in prime time - total failure.
Yeah that whole Leno ordeal was dumb, I can't believe they kicked him off of it.

But Yah I think there aren't any shows like that cause too many people are Fed Up with no-name people that become stars everyday. It is no longer rare to have some random kid become a superstar in hours and be singing for the President the next day....
Old 05-17-2010, 04:54 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yeah that whole Leno ordeal was dumb, I can't believe they kicked him off of it.

But Yah I think there aren't any shows like that cause too many people are Fed Up with no-name people that become stars everyday. It is no longer rare to have some random kid become a superstar in hours and be singing for the President the next day....
That's interesting. That suggests that contrary to this YouTube culture of anyone and everyone being able to get famous, people are sort of over it? It's like newspapers and magazines have gone out of business to be replaced by poor quality blogs, wikipedia and pseudo journalism. Think of some of the crappy and inaccurate web articles that there have been about Alizée. They mostly just copy each other and some have gross errors that look like they just made something up from memory and didn't even take the time to do any research.
But here's the thing too, before a few years ago, I never or hardly ever came online to places like this. If I wasn't here typing away, I'd probably be watching tv (or maybe working ). Though, I actually stopped watching tv when I moved here in 2002 (long before I found Alizée) because the overabundance of commercials is brain rotting. And, I found Alizée on YouTube; so... now I want her to be on tv a lot, something I really try to resist watching in general. What can you say?

Merci Fanny
Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 PM

Yeah those brain-rotting commercials will getcha everytime haha.

But yah this whole "Rose up from Poverty" singers is really getting old.

Everyone seems to have a sad story now to make people feel bad for them and start to like them because they have been through things....everyone goes through bad things, just not as much as others...
Old 05-17-2010, 05:56 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Yeah those brain-rotting commercials will getcha everytime haha.

But yah this whole "Rose up from Poverty" singers is really getting old.

Everyone seems to have a sad story now to make people feel bad for them and start to like them because they have been through things....everyone goes through bad things, just not as much as others...
people like attention! it's a sad reality of our culture today.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
people like attention! it's a sad reality of our culture today.
Yah, you hear a good singer on the street and then he is a Youtube hit. It seems like everyone is popular now....too much popularity will mean we all eventually become unpopular again...
Old 05-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Well if you look at TV fifty years ago you had shows like the Ed Sullivan Show that offered comedy, music, and a whole variety of acts in a one hour show. Not only did they have people get their start on the show, but it offered a place for well established performers to get exposure as well. It's where bands like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones got their first real exposure in the US. Over the years the variety format slowly died out because people quit watching. Now we mostly have dramas, sitcoms and "reality" shows in prime time. Music has been relegated mostly to late night programming.

YouTube can be a wonderful thing, but there is a lot of junk to sift through. Even Alizée with all her exposure on the internet is having trouble promoting her new album. If a person has forgotten Alizée or is no longer interested in her or doesn't know who she is, they are not likely to go looking for her or to click on a link that will expose them to her newest work. But when you happen to see her on prime time TV singing her latest single, that creates a huge opportunity to win people over. Just think, most of the video performances of Alizée that we all cherish came from TV broadcasts. I doubt we would have ever seen the JEAM dance if all they relied on back then was YouTube. It sure would be nice if we still had TV shows like that and people were still willing to watch them.