Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I believe it's a scholarship fund created by us, in Alizée's name.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I believe it's a scholarship fund created by us, in Alizée's name.
Gotcha...well, wish I could but either way I can't...Hopefully I can get my Debt Card soon so I can donate to the site and everything
Old 05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Gotcha...well, wish I could but either way I can't...Hopefully I can get my Debt Card soon so I can donate to the site and everything
yeah same. some of us are stuck with just plain cash and really I am part of the lower middle-class and have to start saving towards college.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner360 View Post
yeah same. some of us are stuck with just plain cash and really I am part of the lower middle-class and have to start saving towards college.
Yeah I'm middle class so I also have to try and not spend much at all too...why can't everything be free...wait, I just sounded communist, nevermind...but yah thanks to those who donate to this fund
Old 05-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yeah I'm middle class so I also have to try and not spend much at all too...why can't everything be free...wait, I just sounded communist, nevermind...but yah thanks to those who donate to this fund
Did someone say Free AND communism?

jk, but still, free would be great

Old 05-01-2010, 05:13 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Would the fund be named something like The Alizee America Scholarship so as to recognize the fact the fund is coming from another source? Or maybe the Alizee Scholarship presented by AAm? Thoughts??
Old 05-01-2010, 06:10 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I know from my personnal recent experience of collecting money for the autographed cd's that there are numerous people in here who were not in a very good position to pay for these cd's even though they were almost desperate to get them. In fact I'm still waiting for payments of about 6 cd's of people who are having a hard time coming up with the money. So I'm sure many people here are not in a good position to donate to such a fund, even if they want to.
I know it's tough when you're young and don't have a job, but from my personal experience, people who 'never have money' often waste what they get on cigarettes, cellphone bills, fast food and other 'necessary' things. Not saying that's the case with everyone here, but some people have strange priorities when it comes to spending money, especially when they claim to never have any.

<3

Last edited by Tiwaz; 05-01-2010 at 06:12 PM..
Old 05-01-2010, 06:10 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
.... But please tell me this scholarship will be suggested to Alizée and Institubes before it is actually established. So if she objects (likely, as we all know she is very humble), she can stop it before it starts.....

This is exactly why I am against anything like this. Don't you guys see that, instead of her being happy about it, that it will simply be an additional burden on her - something else for her to have to consider and deal with. And heaven forbid, what if this actually would cause her a problem of some sort? How dows she say no to us, knowing that we have spent so much time on it? Can't you see the potential bind you could be putting her in?

I know the idea is well intentioned, but count me out.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Art scholarship issues 1

Someone wrote:<blockquote>.... But please tell me this scholarship will be suggested to Alizée and Institubes before it is actually established. So if she objects (likely, as we all know she is very humble), she can stop it before it [s]tarts....</blockquote>.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
This is exactly why I am against anything like this. Don't you guys see that, instead of her being happy about it, that it will simply be an additional burden on her - something else for her to have to consider and deal with. And heaven forbid, what if this actually would cause her a problem of some sort? How [does] she say no to us, knowing that we have spent so much time on it? Can't you see the potential bind you could be putting her in?

I know the idea is well intentioned, but count me out.
I (think?) I heartily agree with the objection Rev raises about involving Alizée. SHOULD Alizée or her managers involve her in anything concerning this scholarship, it should ONLY BE AFTER THE FACT (<i>fait accompli</i>). I can't force people to do what I want, but I'll also vigorously resist attempts to burden Alizée again with an encore of our embarrassing Open Letter gymnastics.

Please remember we're only trying to raise € 1,000+, NOT €100,000+!!! Expecting anyone to jump through hoops for us is pretty ARROGANT, whether it is Alizée or even the just the Mufraggi school!

In general, I think it is important to keep everything simple and execute quickly if we don't want to waste everyone's time and have the project end in failure. That said, please do feel free to discuss things which might not please me or someone else. But bear in mind this thread is really just for people who <b>like</b> the principle of a scholarship and pledge to it, for the purpose of settling details only. Others are most welcome to start a thousand new threads arguing why it is stupid, evil, or whatever.

By the way, there is a good reason not to give equal weight to the opinions of everyone who might comment here. Not everyone here has started or run a business, managed corporate projects, published papers or books, led civic groups or really done much of anything except accept the generosity of their parents. I hope no one feels too hurt, but that's the simple truth.

As for the matter of pledges, large or small, I would direct your attention to the <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=163446&postcount=84">final post</a> I made at the antecedent poll thread. I'd have you read it all, but for now. let me just briefly quote from it:<blockquote>When I solicited poll participation of autographed CD recipients, a young member here privately wrote me back. I will now quote my reply to him...

<b>Yah I meant to say in the last part of that message that I already had to put a lot of work into being able to get that CD since I am only 16 and don't have a good way of transferring money easily. SO I went through a lot to get that CD from you which you went through alot to get.</b>

I think everyone understands different fans have different financial and logistical means to contribute. That is why some people pledged € 120+, some pledged only € 5 and some pledged nothing at all. Supporting new art will be more of a problem during your young life than my old one. I hope that when you can step up to the plate yourself, you will remember the old guys who tried to do what they could before they were gone!</blockquote>By the way, for uncounted decades, it has been easy for Americans to buy a postal money order to transmit funds through the US mails.</blockquote>

Please note that the reason one can pledge one-half or even just one-quarter the cost of the CD is so that the poor as well as the rich can say they had some small part in the scholarship. I especially want to applaud the generous offer which MYGOGT has made:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I would like to address those who either voted zero euros or did not vote because maybe they felt their contribution might not make a difference. I intend no offense to anyone with these words( I am not an eloquent speaker)
I believe in this scholarship so here is my pledge to you all.
To the first 30 pledges of 5 euros I will match those pledges in the that posters name, thereby doubling your pledge.
@Scruffydog777, again I remind you that I (and other AAm members) solemnly pledged to make good on any financial loss you suffer on unclaimed CDs, on condition they are sent to radio stations of your choosing (without any need for documentation).

Quote:
The thing that worries me about a scolarship is that it's usually something done on a year after year basis...Who knows what things will be like for Lilly or in here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
Would the fund be named something like The Alizee America Scholarship so as to recognize the fact the fund is coming from another source? Or maybe the Alizee Scholarship presented by AAm? Thoughts??
Let me kill these "two birds with one stone." My reason for <b>not</b> mentioning AAm in the name of the scholarship fund is to invite <b>all</b> fans of Alizée, including those overseas, now and in the future, to feed the fund over the years. That is not to say AAm won't issue a press release upon creation of the fund, especially to the French entertainment media, pointing out that the fund is being created by AAm, as a gesture of gratitude.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 05-01-2010 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: address fund name and tenure
Old 05-01-2010, 08:29 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

One of the reasons I suggest a scholarship be called the Alizee America, (or similar) fund is so Alizee herself does not have to be a part of it. She is busy enough to be sure.
We would be the sponsors of said fund, and I don't think we should be involving her. If we think that this may have a negative impact on Lilly then maybe we should not use her name in it. We do not want to come across as arrogant, but rather as thankful for her artistic efforts, the private signing, and the enjoyment we receive(d) from them. Who knows, we could very well sponsor the next Corsican gem. (As if there are anymore)
Discuss, decide, pledge, vote, or whatever; I will be gone much of the next few weeks with occasional visits to the site.
Sorry about the name suggestion, I was typing while you were posting Doc. And that is a good point to include all fans.