Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Is there going to be a "Julia" album?
Yes--- there is going to be a Julia album 3 30.00%
No--- Mylene has pulled the plug. 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2019, 01:46 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well it's a very interesting situation what is going on with Julia. MF and LB are two artists who've had a tremendous amount of success together. Why I'm not sure. I'm not overly impressed with Mylene's performances. I think she puts on a great show, with great music and good songs, but I honestly feel a large part of her success is that she uses sex to sell.

That same sex factor she incorporated into Alizee and for 3 years, Alizee was one of the hottest singers in Europe.

Julia is a beautiful young lady. Julia has a beautiful voice, a voice which is probably better than Alizee's, but again, there is something unique about Alizee's voice, her character, her beauty, that can't be duplicated.

Maybe Julia's character will soon be revealed and we'll find out what a great person she is, but it's hard to believe from what we've seen of her so far, that she can ever bring to the table, what Alizée has.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-10-2019 at 01:50 AM..
Old 07-10-2019, 08:18 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Maybe Julia's character will soon be revealed and we'll find out what a great person she is, but it's hard to believe from what we've seen of her so far, that she can ever bring to the table, what Alizée has.

Julia has done one short interview that I know of. There are no subtitles so I have no clue what she is saying, but her mannerisms are what is to be expected of a 17 year old. She is still unsure of herself and has a nervous laugh. She seems like she would be very nice in person, but besides her good looks and great singing voice, there is not much that sets her apart.

Alizee, on the other hand, is very composed and refined during interviews. In this video she is only 16 and her maturity level is well beyond that. Could Mylene have taken a 16 year old Julia back in 2001 and create such a compelling personality? I don't think so.

I don't think Mylene made Alizee a star. Mylene gave Alizee a chance at being a star. Alizee made herself a star.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:32 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

I had never seen this interview. Thanks for sharing, CleverCowboy. She was really mature to be only 16. This makes her even cuter

I think that's one of the biggest problems of being a young star: you have to "bury the teddy bear" too soon. And it could be a burden in the following years for some people.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:13 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

In this interview, she mentioned that Mylene had gone off to L.A. to prepare Alizee's next album. I believe Mylene had twice taken Alizee to NY to work on her albums. It's interesting that she had to go to the US to get that work done. Were good studios not available in Paris or maybe it was for secrecy, after all when Lily left Mylene, I believe the contents of 2 of her albums were leaked before their official releases.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:29 AM

I wonder the same thing: there are a lot of artists that go to LA to prepare an album. I guess it's also a matter of inspiration and high quality of the recording studios. Probably there is a completely different culture of music there
Old 07-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Administrator

At around 16:00, Alizee is asked if being pretty is important in her job.

Alizee answer shows she has an understanding of her business well beyond her years. She acknowledges that physique is important, but having a look or a personality is more important that being super pretty.

What sets Alizee apart is she hit the Trifecta. She has a unique look, and fabulous personality and is super pretty at the same time.

Relating back to the topic of this thread, Julia certainly meets the super pretty criteria. She is still trying to find her look and her personality is average. This is just the way she is and there is nothing wrong with that, but especially in the entertainment industry, you need an edge.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 07-11-2019 at 10:27 AM..
Old 07-11-2019, 10:59 AM

Exactly. Her answer was also a really good one for an interview: as she said in this very video, you must be careful to what you say because when you say something, your words can be twisted. She highlighted the importance of a singer's appearance without being superficial. The same thing applies to the answer about smoking: she didn't say just "smoking is bad".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

What sets Alizee apart is she hit the Trifecta. She has a unique look, and fabulous personality and is super pretty at the same time.
Couldn't agree with you more.

As regards Julia, I'll give you my opinion as an external person, since I only know Mylene Farmer and her because of Alizée, so to me she's is a normal singer I could discover on YouTube, TV or radio. I've only listened to Sexto and I saw nothing special. From the little I've seen, I agree with CleverCowboy that her personality is average. I think that she can be compared to Alizée only because they both had Mylene Farmer as mentor.
That 16 year-old Alizée was just mind-blowing
Old 07-11-2019, 12:43 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
In this interview, she mentioned that Mylene had gone off to L.A. to prepare Alizee's next album. I believe Mylene had twice taken Alizee to NY to work on her albums. It's interesting that she had to go to the US to get that work done. Were good studios not available in Paris or maybe it was for secrecy, after all when Lily left Mylene, I believe the contents of 2 of her albums were leaked before their official releases.
I had the impression that the trip to NYC was to sign legal documents (i.e. the headquarters of the international record labels are located in New York.) (Perhaps also so that Alizee herself could be personally introduced to music executives??) I'm guessing here.

Its possible that Moi Lolita was recorded in a U.S. studio. But I can't see an entire album (e.g. Gourmandies) being recorded in America--- it would take months in the studio, which means Alizee, Mylene and Laurent would have to be living in the U.S. for months.

CD's often state the name of the studio(s) where it was recorded; but I don't have the CD's.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:57 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
A unique voice, too. Alizee's voice has kind of a "sultry undertone" to it. Julia sounds like millions of other girls, if you ask me.

Edit:

Speaking of "unique look", I saw an older post on the forum where someone described Alizee as having "Mediterranean eyes on a French face". I thought that was interesting.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 07-11-2019 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-11-2019, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Speaking of "unique look", I saw an older post on the forum where someone described Alizee as having "Mediterranean eyes on a French face". I thought that was interesting.
Most people refer to her smile as the hook, but I have posted several times before that her eyes caught me and reeled me in with no resistance. For the life of me, I cannot figure it out!