Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

This movie did have some really hott women I must say!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-08-2012, 06:38 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Saw it today...

Because everyone kept telling me how great it is and I don't doubt that... I was there with a friend and he laughed nearly the whole time about the jokes and yeah it was really witty and brilliant and stuff... and it was cool... also I really liked Loki even if he's the bad and really evil guy...

Every person who likes action movies will love this film...

Trouble is... I don't like action movies...

So perhaps I saw a totally brilliant movie and I still couldn't enjoy it that much...

oh dear I spoilt it *hiding*
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 05-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
Saw it today...

Because everyone kept telling me how great it is and I don't doubt that... I was there with a friend and he laughed nearly the whole time about the jokes and yeah it was really witty and brilliant and stuff... and it was cool... also I really liked Loki even if he's the bad and really evil guy...

Every person who likes action movies will love this film...

Trouble is... I don't like action movies...

So perhaps I saw a totally brilliant movie and I still couldn't enjoy it that much...

oh dear I spoilt it *hiding*
It seems you werent too impressed....
Loki really isnt evil; he is just misunderstood and has a lot issues ... that is why Thor still loves him; after all he is his half brother and wants to see the good in hm!
Sorry you didnt like it too much .. hey it cant be liked by everyone!~

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-13-2012, 12:33 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Alright, I finally saw this last night. I think I would have enjoyed it more if there weren't dozens upon dozens of people in the audience making loud, obnoxious yelps and noises throughout the whole thing. I swear, every single time ANYTHING happened - Hulk punches someone, or Thor smacks someone silly with a hammer, the entire theater just started roaring. It was annoying as hell.

And here's what I have never understood about people: Why is it that they always laugh the hardest at the PARTS THAT THEY HAVE ALREADY SEEN IN THE PREVIEWS AND COMMERCIALS 39439349439 TIMES??!!!

This is precisely why I try to wait until the DVD comes out before watching a movie. But every so often I'd like to be able to watch it on the big screen...and that's what gets me every time. It's like a trap.

As usual, Robert Downey gets the best lines, and I would have watched it just for him. But the thing is, a lot of the "comedic" interactions between him and the other characters were too predictable. I'm not a movie buff and I don't watch that many movies, but I've watched enough to be able to figure out what one person's response to another is going to be. They re-use the same techniques over and over again. I think most of it is only funny if you're an uncreative, unfunny person to begin with. The throwbacks were weak too: e.g. Nick Fury's "Ant. Boot." throwback.

For those who haven't seen it yet, I would say: watch this movie if you like action movies because as far as action movies go, this one has plenty of action and is quite satisfying. But do yourself a favor and try to find a theater in a nicer neighborhood where the chances of getting a loud, obnoxious audience are slightly less than usual.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 05-13-2012, 04:20 PM

term1 is on a distinguished road

I myself don't like it when there's a lot of people talking and "whooping" in the theater. I usually go to the Monday showing mid-afternoon show after the weekend debut. Normally not a big crowd and the ones there are pretty subdued...maybe an idea for you to try Rictor, it works for me...and it costs half as much cause its not the weekend and a matinee!

Edit:

Oh and BTW Avengers was AMAZING!!!!!

Last edited by term1; 05-13-2012 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-13-2012, 04:28 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by term1 View Post
I usually go to the Monday showing mid-afternoon show after the weekend debut. Normally not a big crowd and the ones there are pretty subdued...maybe an idea for you to try Rictor, it works for me...and it costs half as much cause its not the weekend and a matinee!

Edit:

Oh and BTW Avengers was AMAZING!!!!!
Why didn't I think of that? I stupidly went on a Saturday...AT NIGHT. Oh god. I always forget these things.

I'll take your advice for future movies for sure. Whew.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q