Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as signature vs insurance; if I had insured the packages, I believe all this would have gotten me was the replacement of a signed CD by a non- signed CD, where a signature would requie a family members signature, so I think it's the better option.I don't think insurance would have covered what the "real" value of these packages was.
Actually the amount of insurance is what you decide not what the post office says any particular item is worth , next time you goto send something ask about it you'll be really surprised how inexpensive it is . You pay X amount to insure for X amount . When you do this believe me they NEVER lose or damage your package , try it sometime and you'll see .

But I didn't mean when you sent them to yourself from France meant when sending them to those you sent to , US - US . . . The sending to other countries is a whole nother ball game and there i'd definitely do as you did with signature guarantee . As I said above and sorry so poorly writ , I don't think the French mail system has the same type of insurance and it's instead they simply just use the signature guarantee thingy . At least that is my experience when I asked others to insure when sending me stuff from France , they said whatever it is the title of such signature delivery system in France was the signed for delivery . According to those i've purchased from France anyway and i offered up front to pay whatever extra it would cost them to insure . .

Anyway its like 3 bucks to send something signature guaranteed , its like a buck fifty to send it with 100 dollars worth of insurance . Something I learned over the years to save but that only really is beneficial enough in cases of when you're sending a lot of stuff so want to save half the cost in shipping . Now another thing to consider , if you're mailing it to someone who has a lot of theft be it at the post office or at the residence , do signature . If you are sending it to most who don't have those issues id recommends saving yourself half the cost to insure . Let me add one thing there , say it was possible or you had sent yourself the items from US to US . If you had insured them , opened the package and some were broken - guess what , they owe you ALOT of money . This is something the post office or any mailing company NEVER wants to do so those packages don't get damaged and are very rarely lost . . Without the BIG label that says insured - they toss it around bounce it off the wall and don't care , with insurance uhht oh I could get yelled at lose my job , demoted and so on , handle with care . .

Last edited by alizeefan; 05-16-2013 at 06:30 PM..