Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-08-2007, 05:25 PM
moi coco

cocoroa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Of course she can sing. If you're a real fan you will not write her off because of one not-so-great performance (which I still liked BTW).
i totally agree with you, she can sing the thing is that that other simger who was with her sucks.

Alizee sings like angels and that´s the end of discussion

Lili... with you till the end of the world
don´t forget to watch my alizee video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskLRxB_XFM

TA4E!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 05:29 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
I've watched the Star Ac video, and well, based on that video, she can't sing for beans. However, I've seen her sing live, and seen her in the recording studio (not in person, of course) and shes sings great.
I'm not a very good singer, but I do know when I'm "on key and on pitch" (which isn't very often). I also know that people have different aptitudes for singing. Some folks are tone deaf and don't have a clue. Some are like me, and have a clue, but just can't get it together. Some are naturals...almost born with the ability. No matter where you are (with perhaps the tone deaf person), you can improve with practice and training.

The studio situation is the best because you can practice practice practice and redo. You also have excellent feedback in headset and can work work work your vocal chords to hit what you gotta hit. Live is a bit more difficult as the external sounds can get in the way, even with headset feedback isn't as good, and if you do go off pitch you gotta keep going and get back on. Throw in moving around and it can be friking impossible to achieve the pitch and tone, especially on the high end where more air is required. So yeah, a singer can lose the pitch and key and can have one helluva time locking back on...but when it's live yo can't stop....you gotta keep going and get it locked back in.

The question: "Can Alizée sing"? Hell yeah, she can sing. Not only can she sing, but her singing voice is perhaps the most beautiful I've ever heard. Can she hit every note every day the first time not matter what she is doing? No. But I know of no singer who can do that. Is her voice developed to the same caliber as opera singers and some other professional singers? No. But she can sing....oh yes, and what beautiful melody it is. And I dare say as the years go by, as that voice is exercised and practiced, it will get better and better.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:45 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
That is just nosense.
I always consider myself as a fan, but there are some performances i just don't like at all.
So what? im not a fan anymore?
Recognizing when the singer did a terrible performance is part of bein fan.
Go back and read my post again: I said that you shouldn't write her off (i.e. stop being a fan) because of one performance. I didn't say that you're not allowed to criticize her.

And I just watched it again and it really wasn't all that bad. Some reactions around here and elsewhere are just hysterical and way over the top ("It was a desaster" etc.). Maybe people just don't realize that it's not Alizee singing in some parts but the blond girl?

Last edited by dreamer; 12-08-2007 at 05:49 PM..
Old 12-08-2007, 05:47 PM
moi coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Go back and read my post again: I said that you shouldn't write her off (i.e. stop being a fan) because of one performance. I didn't say that you're not allowed to criticize her.
of course there´s some "bad" performances but is just that i can´t criticize her, is just that i can´t because she´s perfect to me

TA4E!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Based on her "En Concert" performance - the only full-length "official" LIVE recording of her performance voice, she does have the chops to pull it off without a lot of techno-help. I'd bet all she uses live is - MAYBE - a digital pitch corrector, since dancing and moving around on starge is bound to throw off the most well-trained voices a bit here and there.

Does she have the pipes of, say, an Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban or Sarah Brightman ... no, not quite. But only a handful of singers can step up to a live mike and an audience but sound as good or better than they do in a studio session.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:05 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

A pitch-corrector? I doubt it, they often sound worse than the person singing without one. You might as well be using a vocoder.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

If there is any doubt as to whether or not Alizée can sing live...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xgfGxIsIL60&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xgfGxIsIL60&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Old 12-08-2007, 06:20 PM
moi coco

i´m gonna say this till the day i die..

alizee sings like angels

TA4E!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:28 PM
W00tzors

Sauron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
I don't want to start a heated debate, but besides how much love you her, think.. can she really sing?

I've watched the Star Ac video, and well, based on that video, she can't sing for beans. However, I've seen her sing live, and seen her in the recording studio (not in person, of course) and shes sings great.

Is it possible her voice slipped through the years?
Can she really sing?

PS Now we've seen the great MJ Dance! I didn't think there was a dance accompanying it, but I guess I was wrong.
No offense, but what kind of response did you expect? "No she cant sing. We have been wrong all these years, lets stop following her career." ?
If you wanted to discuss that performance why didn't you just keep it in that specific thread? This just seems like some sort of low-level trolling..

On topic though: Yes, i think we all can agree on that she can sing...
Was it a flawless performance? No, far from. But it was great seeing her doing it for the first time without lip-synch though. And it will most likely only get better.

Last edited by Sauron; 12-08-2007 at 06:30 PM..
Old 12-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoroa View Post
i´m gonna say this till the day i die..

alizee sings like angels
I am with you on that 100% there Cocoroa!!!!!