Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
[iframe]http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=18922113&postcount=6[/iframe]
Yeah, I tried that out, but so far, no luck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
Are iPods worth it? I've tossed around the idea of buying one, but cannot justify spending $250 on an mp3 player. Are they really superior to other players, or am I just buying a name?
I'd say that ipods are worth it, depending on which one you get. I have a nano, and it works pretty good, and I got it for a little under $100 a couple years ago. I have used other mp3 players, but with convenience and quality, I prefer ipods.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:55 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I suppose it's like a lot of things?
Ask yourself what you want to use it for?
I have an ipod Touch and i use it for games. Nothing else.
I don't do the whole Mp3 download thing at all so don't need it for that.
As purely a game player....it rocks!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Are iPods worth it? I've tossed around the idea of buying one, but cannot justify spending $250 on an mp3 player. Are they really superior to other players, or am I just buying a name?
They really are superior, with my experience. I have tried the nomad juke box and it was broken and replaced twice in 2 years. it had hard drive issues and headphone jack problems. Then I went with some other devices but they didn't support MP3 files or if they did they did not have the dynamic playlist support thaf Apple iPods have. plus software support and issues ensued. I have been with an iPod since the first classic 5gig model came out and I have never had to replace it. I buy new ones as they come out for more HD space and the new features but my old ones still work. Well I've sold them on eBay since, but they were in perfect working condition.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:30 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
They really are superior, with my experience. I have tried the nomad juke box and it was broken and replaced twice in 2 years. it had hard drive issues and headphone jack problems. Then I went with some other devices but they didn't support MP3 files or if they did they did not have the dynamic playlist support thaf Apple iPods have. plus software support and issues ensued. I have been with an iPod since the first classic 5gig model came out and I have never had to replace it. I buy new ones as they come out for more HD space and the new features but my old ones still work. Well I've sold them on eBay since, but they were in perfect working condition.
Are there any negatives to owning an iPod? The only ones I've seen are "duh, ya think?" comments like, "if you play it too loud, you can go deaf."
Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Are there any negatives to owning an iPod? The only ones I've seen are "duh, ya think?" comments like, "if you play it too loud, you can go deaf."
If someone plays it loud enough to go deaf they may have other problems. The only significant issue with the iPod is that the Nano does not work when synced with a Lexus... which i personally experienced. And even though the problem IS with the Lexus, Apple fixed the problem with a software upgrade in the iPod classic... so I traded in the nano i got for the car and got a classic. works fine now... but the problem was with the Lexus car not the nano.