Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-18-2009, 01:04 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingGrizFan View Post
Bonjour; sorry I haven't been around for a while posting, but I have been going over some of the threads keeping up to date every once in a while; especially the videos.

So, to the subject matter of the Heading: I've accumulated some DVDs (three) of 'Alizée en concert' and was wondering if anyone would like to have a copy. These are all brand new factory sealed French releases as advertised on http://www.amazon.fr/Aliz%C3%A9e-en-...4587093&sr=1-1 except, as stated, French releases, that they are all of the PAL Format for the DVD. Have to mindful of that.

If anyone wants a copy just place a..."like to have one"...so to speak after this posting on this thread and I'll send you a free copy also free shipping (for all you Alizée fans a little help there - doesn't matter - Worldwide) to an address that you can provide by a PM. Might just as well keep it confidential; strictly private and no letting out that...no, you didn't have a copy up to now, shame on you and all that. With my thinking at present no more than one per request for a copy. Best regards.

P.S.-Please make certain that the address you provide in your PM is as accurate as possible. You shouldn't have to give a personal name in place of your User Name on this board, but if necessay so be it; at least if packages can be received at your provided address without any confusion.
That's if anyone wishes to have a copy, that is. Maybe everyone here has already gotten one; all well and good then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
what is in it for you?

...I don't know, you pay money for shipping and handling and go through all this trouble, i don't know sounds fishy to me! Then again I am from New York City and I am not used to this type of behavior, its a dog eat dog world here.
Sheesh! Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. You've been in NY too long FRA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
I just PM'd him a while ago, hope I can get one...
Good luck.

Hi Griz.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:42 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I Pm'ed you also Griz. Thanks for the offer. Really cool!
'
Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Well that went quickly!!! Thanks for the PMs alerting me. I'll get them out as soon as possible. Sorry I don't have any more though. At least by the week-end since I have a dental appointment this friday.

I did this a while back with a couple of the German International official DVDs for 'Alizée en concert,' but these now are the original French official releases; still factory fresh and all. The two I sent out previously went to a young gentleman in The Philippines and the other to a young lady in Roumania.
Hope they enjoyed them.

You don't have to worry about any 'identity theft' or anything like that; just have that penchant to share I guess. At least they're going to fans that appreciate Alizée; some blogs I get on come back with a WTF kind of attitude/response to a video sequence of 'en concert' that I had posted, even though I had posted other videos of bands and singers before so it's duly appreciated such a site as this.

Again, sorry that I ran out of any more copies but it was first come first serve as it was.

Hope all turns out well for you and your family 'Future Raptor Ace.' I know how it feels. I lost both my father and mother a while back. Not pleasant feelings there. Besides, I do have somewhat 'ulterior motives.' I just recently got myself from under about a $ 40,000 debt so I am feeling better about myself. Much better. Especially doing it legally and all. So I'm in a giving mood here I guess. A type of celebration so to speak.

Got three DVDs to send out shortly, including one to 'pepelepew' so thanks for your PMs. I won't mention any other User Named individual other than of whom has already posted on this thread. Got to keep the confidentiality going. I just didn't want someone asking and then my not having one. That wouldn't have gone over too well for the both of us I would think. Hate to disappoint anyone and all.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 06-18-2009 at 05:52 AM..
Old 06-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I thought that french dvd's don't work properly on american players?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I thought that french dvd's don't work properly on american players?
From my experience, Pal/NTSC DVD Players, XBox 360's and DVD-ROM drives are all compatible with PAL DVDs. My En Concert DVD plays on all the above listed. For NTSC only machines, you can copy the PAL DVD to an NTSC DVD-R.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:50 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I don't know, you pay money for shipping an handling and go through all this trouble, i don't know sounds fishy to me!
Then again I am from New York City and I am not used to this type of behavior, its a dog eat dog world here.
It's always good to be "careful". By the same token, managing a sale can often result in an expenditure of time out of proportion to the benefit of monetary gain. Time is money.

A give away allows one to just send it out and not have to worry about any of the things involved with a sales transaction. Arranging payment. Handling "failure to receive" mail. Getting complaints that the product wasn't as advertised. Refund requests. Etc.

The freebie lets WyomingGrizFan provide goodwill gifts, contribute to the community, and not have to worry about the headaches noted above.

Although free often comes with strings attached. Sometimes free is really free.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:22 PM

Legend_lili is on a distinguished road

like to have one
Old 06-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well that went quickly!!! Thanks for the PMs alerting me. I'll get them out as soon as possible. Sorry I don't have any more though. At least by the week-end since I have a dental appointment this friday.

I did this a while back with a couple of the German International official DVDs for 'Alizée en concert,' but these now are the original French official releases; still factory fresh and all. The two I sent out previously went to a young gentleman in The Philippines and the other to a young lady in Roumania.
Hope they enjoyed them.

You don't have to worry about any 'identity theft' or anything like that; just have that penchant to share I guess. At least they're going to fans that appreciate Alizée; some blogs I get on come back with a WTF kind of attitude/response to a video sequence of 'en concert' that I had posted, even though I had posted other videos of bands and singers before so it's duly appreciated such a site as this.

Again, sorry that I ran out of any more copies but it was first come first serve as it was.

Hope all turns out well for you and your family 'Future Raptor Ace.' I know how it feels. I lost both my father and mother a while back. Not pleasant feelings there. Besides, I do have somewhat 'ulterior motives.' I just recently got myself from under about a $ 40,000 debt so I am feeling better about myself. Much better. Especially doing it legally and all. So I'm in a giving mood here I guess. A type of celebration so to speak.

Got three DVDs to send out shortly, including one to 'pepelepew' so thanks for your PMs. I won't mention any other User Named individual other than of whom has already posted on this thread. Got to keep the confidentiality going. I just didn't want someone asking and then my not having one. That wouldn't have gone over too well for the both of us I would think. Hate to disappoint anyone and all.
Thanks she was released from the hospital 1am this morning, but she is not talking to me and I am not sure what is going on anymore. Sorry about your family

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:33 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Well, a follow-up story, besides a rant over my ability, or my inability that is, to order through amazon.fr (which may come latter as I settle down & chill out - I need a beer!!!):

Got word that all four requests for a copy of 'Alizée en concert' was complied with and met. All are happy as I have heard. That's GREAT!!! That's what I wanted to hear. Considering what I had to go through just to get one official copy of the DVD makes me happy that others' have a legitimate copy as well; free of the hazzle. That is to say, the first three copies I ever ordered for myself were bootlegs. They looked like the official German International release, they felt like they were and even smelled like they were, but...they didn't have that little infamous yellow box with the small little German lettering on the back on them; hence, BOOTLEG!!! O.K. So that's how it's going to be, huh?

I even ordered a copy advertised as the French official from some yahoo from Shangai, China. This over eBay.com Had a photo picture showing the front, supposedly; same as the French slipcase. When I got it; TAIWANESE BOOTLEG!!! Not even close to the packaging advertised. Talk about one pissed off dude!!!

Ordering through amazon.fr may be easy for some but hell, I can get Turkish CDs out of Germany, Nightwish CDs out of Finland, Spanish CDs off of eBay.com but it is one tough job getting French CDs out of amazon.fr So far, except from amazon.fr warehouse direct it's impossible. Has something to do with address; vendor says it's possible to ship worldwide but amazon.fr won't accept my address no matter what. They say it isn't possible to ship to my address; even though I'm willing to pay the massive shipping charges. I don't get it. It's really, really frustrating and irritating. Sorry for my 'wearing my heart on my sleeve' routine but I really needed to get it off my chest somehow. Hope it helps.

Carry on.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, a follow-up story, besides a rant over my ability, or my inability that is, to order through amazon.fr (which may come latter as I settle down & chill out - I need a beer!!!):

Got word that all four requests for a copy of 'Alizée en concert' was complied with and met. All are happy as I have heard. That's GREAT!!! That's what I wanted to hear. Considering what I had to go through just to get one official copy of the DVD makes me happy that others' have a legitimate copy as well; free of the hazzle. That is to say, the first three copies I ever ordered for myself were bootlegs. They looked like the official German International release, they felt like they were and even smelled like they were, but...they didn't have that little infamous yellow box with the small little German lettering on the back on them; hence, BOOTLEG!!! O.K. So that's how it's going to be, huh?

I even ordered a copy advertised as the French official from some yahoo from Shangai, China. This over eBay.com Had a photo picture showing the front, supposedly; same as the French slipcase. When I got it; TAIWANESE BOOTLEG!!! Not even close to the packaging advertised. Talk about one pissed off dude!!!

Ordering through amazon.fr may be easy for some but hell, I can get Turkish CDs out of Germany, Nightwish CDs out of Finland, Spanish CDs off of eBay.com but it is one tough job getting French CDs out of amazon.fr So far, except from amazon.fr warehouse direct it's impossible. Has something to do with address; vendor says it's possible to ship worldwide but amazon.fr won't accept my address no matter what. They say it isn't possible to ship to my address; even though I'm willing to pay the massive shipping charges. I don't get it. It's really, really frustrating and irritating. Sorry for my 'wearing my heart on my sleeve' routine but I really needed to get it off my chest somehow. Hope it helps.

Carry on.
That is why I didn't have a copy myself. It is a pain in the you know what. That is what made this one of the most special gifts I have ever received Griz. And from a total stranger no doubt. I have found that Alizee attracts some great people with heart, sincerity and integrity. Very similar to the traits I adore in Alizee and why I am a true fan.Thanks again Griz. I will pass the goodwill on.