Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think about Mylene Farmer?
I like her and her music 21 56.76%
I like her music, i don't like her 8 21.62%
I like her, not her music 4 10.81%
I dislike her and her music 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Like most of you I like Mylène for bringing Lili to us although I don't know to much about her outside that. I have only heard a couple song's which I really like, which is Désenchantée and Libertine. Could anyone recommend to me a good album of her's or a few more good song's?

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Alizée Lover!!!

Steven0022 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Like most of you I like Mylène for bringing Lili to us although I don't know to much about her outside that. I have only heard a couple song's which I really like, which is Désenchantée and Libertine. Could anyone recommend a good album of her's or a few more good song's?
I am in the same boat as Chommpers, I only really know she brought lili to us and have heard a few songs which i thought were ok, but i am obsessed with lili so its not really fair
Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

the best of Mymy in my opinion

Peut-etre toi
XXL
Dans les rues de Londres
Avant que l'ombre
Souviens-toi du jour (tapis rouge performance)
Desenchantee
Sans contrefacon
Fuck them all
Devant soi
Rever
Redonne-moi
Ange, parle-moi

and Mylene motivated me to be a better person through the life lessons she taught through her songs. I am wiser and more mature, because of her, she even helped me withstand cadaver lab in medical school (which I am experiencing now), the thoughts of death, you know. Alizee started the process, and Mylene finished it. I suppose the poem in my signature is dedicated to both women.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Souviens-toi du jour, Mylenium Tour video on this thread:

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...9403#post49403
Old 08-23-2007, 07:53 PM

B_M_E is on a distinguished road

Quite honestly, I think she's a genius and a grade A lyricist. I mean there are FEW, very few people who can compose texts like she does. As a person though, I don't really know much about her and her personal life as because she always stays mysterious and always avoids putting out her private life more than any other stars I know, but from what I've heard, she's a bit on the dark side and far from a fair person. But this is just what I've heard.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
the best of Mymy in my opinion

Peut-etre toi
XXL
Dans les rues de Londres
Avant que l'ombre
Souviens-toi du jour (tapis rouge performance)
Desenchantee
Sans contrefacon
Fuck them all
Devant soi
Rever
Redonne-moi
Ange, parle-moi

and Mylene motivated me to be a better person through the life lessons she taught through her songs. I am wiser and more mature, because of her, she even helped me withstand cadaver lab in medical school (which I am experiencing now), the thoughts of death, you know. Alizee started the process, and Mylene finished it. I suppose the poem in my signature is dedicated to both women.
Ok thanks for the list, I'll go check them out on youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Souviens-toi du jour, Mylenium Tour video on this thread:

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...9403#post49403
This was a really neat song, I enjoyed it. She looked absolutely stunning in that outfit too. Wow does she have some nice legs. She is a very attractive woman. I love a girl with a pretty face and man does she have a beautiful face and love her firey red hair. Of course I knew most of that before watching the video, I just wanted to say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Well, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Amelie thinks she sucks
I am willing to bet Amelie is going to hunt you down and hurt you for even joking like that lol.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!

Last edited by Chommpers; 08-23-2007 at 08:31 PM..
Old 08-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I think we're all indebted to Mylène for bringing Alizée fully into the public light so that we can all enjoy her. As for the actual relationship with Alizée, we still don't really know (and probably won't for decades if ever), the true nature of which could either strengthen or degrade my opinion of Mylène. As for her music, there are certain songs I'd don't think much of, but on the other hand there are ones that I really quite enjoy. So I have to go with "I like her music" but I enjoy Alizée much more (sorry Amelie).
Mylene didn't look at Alizée and think, "There's a young singer whose career I would love to help advance." She thought, "There's a young, pretty singer who can play the on the Lolita image and make me lots of money."
And it worked, I believe I read that Mylene ended up making something like 10m Euros off Alizée success.

Maybe I'm just a natural cynic, but I don't think Mylene did anything out of the goodness of her heart for Lili. I also don't think Alizée owes anything to Mylene. They had an agreement obviously, that Mylene would write the songs and sponsor Alizée's early career in exchange for a take of the profits. Both parties came out ahead and I don't feel like either "owes" the other anything anymore.

Just my 0.02
Old 08-23-2007, 09:52 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead2gold View Post
Mylene didn't look at Alizée and think, "There's a young singer whose career I would love to help advance." She thought, "There's a young, pretty singer who can play the on the Lolita image and make me lots of money."
And it worked, I believe I read that Mylene ended up making something like 10m Euros off Alizée success.

Maybe I'm just a natural cynic, but I don't think Mylene did anything out of the goodness of her heart for Lili. I also don't think Alizée owes anything to Mylene. They had an agreement obviously, that Mylene would write the songs and sponsor Alizée's early career in exchange for a take of the profits. Both parties came out ahead and I don't feel like either "owes" the other anything anymore.

Just my 0.02
Alizée owes Mylène nothing, but nobody can deny that it was because of her that Alizée is anything today. Music is an industry, and the goal of industry is to make money.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead2gold View Post

Just my 0.02
You're almost certainly correct. I'd just hate for a young 15-year-old girl to enter into an agreement which she may not understand the complete nature of and then feel taken-advantage-of later. Not that I'm saying that that is the case either, just that it wouldn't help my outlook on Mylène if that were the case.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

don't forget to listen to Regrets