Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-15-2007, 07:48 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
haha that brings up the memories of when i first watched the movie back in 99. i was in college and my roommate and i got it from blockbuster rental and we had no idea what the movie was about and oh boy we were in for a big shock. i'm still not over the movie till this day. i try to think back to the emotions that move invoked and i keep thinking how i felt so much sympathy for humbert although what he did was wrong.

anyways yea i see the resembelence in that 3rd pic, and i should change my opinon that the sailor theme outfit is synonymous with "lolita" not just in japan but in other places, especially back in the days.
Oh, yes, and to listen to Irons narrate the entire novel is so much more so. The very end of the novel is perhaps the best part as far as evoking emotion. You must listen all the way to the last word. The novel is paced as a journey and Nabokov really had an amazing talent for narative. Considering he was a Russian émigré and having heard him speak the central poem in the story (a really incredible moving poem, though you must have read/heard the story up to that point to get it) it seems that his grasp of English was a result of his extensive research and diligent attention. You wouldn't have guessed English was his second or maybe third (after French) language.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

I can see where you get the resemblance from. That collar kind of thing on back of the neck seems exactly the same even in design(pic 3 from top).