Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
And a fine tip it is!

That happens to me all the time. Sometimes I just log out and don't even post what I had planned to.
That happens to me so often, its disturbing... sometimes I catch myself mulling various things around in my head, mostly about what kind of a fan of Alizée I´ve become and how this fandomness is affecting my life, but when I come around to post such stuff (which is often totally incomprehensible to everyone but me) online, I find myself thinking about how nobody will understand me or how I don`t want my personal thoughts to be posted online, and then I end up posting nothing...

The problem with this is the fact that in my real life, I have nobody to share my thoughts on Alizée with, as everyone who knows about her existence thinks of her only as a slut (because of the JEAM dance) or doesn`t understand what I find so attractive in her, but when I want to explain myself I end up being rejected (they say that I think too much and then walk away). In the end, I keep everything to myself, which is the worst possible thing to do, as emotions and thoughts just pile up ...

I think I would`ve been totally happy if I knew some other (real) Alizée fans outside forums (in real life), but since this is not the case, I am forced to be alone and ignored in this aspect of my life... Which is a pity, when I think about how much influence Alizée (with MF and LB) had on my personal development (since I first heard ML back in 2001, when I was only 10 years old) and how I have derived great things I from my understanding of Alizée (some of which I posted on AF, but might consider reposting it also here (on AAm) should the opportunity arise).

Quote:
I think that many aspects of being a fan can be very personal things, and vary greatly from one fan to another. One thing that Jenny's post reminds me of is something I had thought about once. Since I just recently discovered Alizée I missed out on years of the good times, and some of the not always so good times. But then again I got four albums, all the videos on Youtube, and the new single all at one time. I never had to wait for delayed releases (I'm waiting now though!) or any of the frustrations that so many other fans have had to deal with. I think I'd have rather known about her long ago and been able to enjoy the gift I got from her instead of being overloaded all at once and arriving late. But the past is over. The future is promising. Enough for now...
Ray4AJ, my experience and thoughts totally match what you have written -> copy&paste!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default Seven months of fandonymity

In the beginning I didn't expect to make seven months. I've figured out what happened that made me feel so great in general, and maybe I'll cover that sometime. I've stopped trying to understand how discovering Alizée caused it to happen. These last few days since starting this thread, I've really been able to see her as a real person. I think the photo she posted of her daughter mailing a wish list helped finalize that. (That her life includes the same tasks as millions of other people) The crime and violence that can happen anywhere in the world also occurs in her hometown. Looks like I'll be a fan for a long time. I appreciate this forum and all it's members, and I suppose the entire fan community that keeps on top of all the Alizée news and shares everything.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Matevz91...you just may be the luckiest fan I know in terms of how old you were when you discovered her and how close to 2000 you did also. Jealousy...slowly boiling
Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well this is a topic I've been giving a lot of thought to. This thread seems to start out on one aspect of it, but there is so much more to it and it so I have to start off by trying to analyze my own fandomness.

I think maybe fandomism should be measured in degrees, let's say from 1 to 10 where 1 would be with for instance a singer, who's music you find okay and you like to hear it once in a while, but you never would have an interest in going to one of their concerts or getting their autograph. Then a 10 would be probably a level that bordered on obsession. With an entertainer like Alizee, they'd probably listen to nothing but her music, they'd probably try and go to every performance, every event that this celebrity went to . Their room or house, would be filled with pictures of her, kind of like Jessica's but even more. If they could, they'd probably go to her home area, maybe watching her house, hoping to meet her and would probably be on the same level as stalking.

Now I think at this level, they'd also be head over heels in love with her. Hoping somehow she could be his or I suppose it's possible today hers. Of course in the case of an international star like her, there could be fans in other countries that would like to pursue her, but can not afford to.

Now in my case, I've gone to places she's performed such as Taormina, Pistoia and the Triage Lavoire building, but that's mainly because, I didn't find out about her in time to see her perform live. At least I could go to these places and imagine how wonderful it would have been to have seen her. Of couse another reason I went there, at least in the case of Taormia and Pistoia is because they are beautiful places and in the case of the coal washing plant, it was an interesting place to visit and it was fairly close to my route of travel on my vacation.

As far as pictures, I only have a couple of her in my house, but I've never been one who's liked to put pictures of celebrities up on my wall.

Now in my eyes, she is (*) the perfect woman in so many ways. Now if I was much younger, I might be pursuing her like a love sick puppy dog, but for so many reasons, including age, I know it could never be, which is great, because I can follow her career and not have it spoiled by my heart breaking from being so close, but yet so far.

So I consider my fandomness to be mainly focused on her performances rather than her. Just last month I was in Europe on vacation. I returned from Germany on the 25th. She did a dj gig on the 26th in southern France. I could have easily obtained the time off to have seen her and if she was "performing", I would have been there, but a dj gig is not that important to me.

When I went to Corsica, I did so at a time when I expected her to be returning to Paris. I did extend my stay there when I found out she was there, but at the time that was an easy thing for me to do. I will make a reasonable attempt to see her if an occassion arises, but it is certain performances that I would do everything in my power to go to.
So I had to get my own fandomness figured out before I moved on to other areas of this topic. Degree wise, I'd have to put my fandomness of "her" at a 7.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:27 AM

Quote:
In the beginning I didn't expect to make seven months. I've figured out what happened that made me feel so great in general, and maybe I'll cover that sometime. I've stopped trying to understand how discovering Alizée caused it to happen. These last few days since starting this thread, I've really been able to see her as a real person. I think the photo she posted of her daughter mailing a wish list helped finalize that. (That her life includes the same tasks as millions of other people) The crime and violence that can happen anywhere in the world also occurs in her hometown. Looks like I'll be a fan for a long time. I appreciate this forum and all it's members, and I suppose the entire fan community that keeps on top of all the Alizée news and shares everything.
Ray, based on your past posts (at least since I rejoined few weeks ago) you are going to be a great fan of hers - critical (after all, she is just a singer and not Dalai Lama), distanced (if need for it arises) and at the same time true to yourself. Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Matevz91...you just may be the luckiest fan I know in terms of how old you were when you discovered her and how close to 2000 you did also. Jealousy...slowly boiling
There is no need to be jealous. I guess I in reality discovered only Boutonnat back then, you know, I was 10 years old and all... I saw the world differently, more childishly and purely than I do now, unfortunately. Well anyway, enough with the past... age does not matter that much anyway, anybody can gain something from her, if he has only 10 years or if he has 90 years. It all depends on what kind of a person you are.
And by the way, I think that much of the philosophy behind Alizéeness can be traced back to Laurent´s philosophy (and to the Giorgino movie).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well this is a topic I've been giving a lot of thought to. This thread seems to start out on one aspect of it, but there is so much more to it and it so I have to start off by trying to analyze my own fandomness.

I think maybe fandomism should be measured in degrees, let's say from 1 to 10 where 1 would be with for instance a singer, who's music you find okay and you like to hear it once in a while, but you never would have an interest in going to one of their concerts or getting their autograph. Then a 10 would be probably a level that bordered on obsession. With an entertainer like Alizee, they'd probably listen to nothing but her music, they'd probably try and go to every performance, every event that this celebrity went to . Their room or house, would be filled with pictures of her, kind of like Jessica's but even more. If they could, they'd probably go to her home area, maybe watching her house, hoping to meet her and would probably be on the same level as stalking.

Now I think at this level, they'd also be head over heels in love with her. Hoping somehow she could be his or I suppose it's possible today hers. Of course in the case of an international star like her, there could be fans in other countries that would like to pursue her, but can not afford to.

Now in my case, I've gone to places she's performed such as Taormina, Pistoia and the Triage Lavoire building, but that's mainly because, I didn't find out about her in time to see her perform live. At least I could go to these places and imagine how wonderful it would have been to have seen her. Of couse another reason I went there, at least in the case of Taormia and Pistoia is because they are beautiful places and in the case of the coal washing plant, it was an interesting place to visit and it was fairly close to my route of travel on my vacation.

As far as pictures, I only have a couple of her in my house, but I've never been one who's liked to put pictures of celebrities up on my wall.

Now in my eyes, she is (*) the perfect woman in so many ways. Now if I was much younger, I might be pursuing her like a love sick puppy dog, but for so many reasons, including age, I know it could never be, which is great, because I can follow her career and not have it spoiled by my heart breaking from being so close, but yet so far.

So I consider my fandomness to be mainly focused on her performances rather than her. Just last month I was in Europe on vacation. I returned from Germany on the 25th. She did a dj gig on the 26th in southern France. I could have easily obtained the time off to have seen her and if she was "performing", I would have been there, but a dj gig is not that important to me.

When I went to Corsica, I did so at a time when I expected her to be returning to Paris. I did extend my stay there when I found out she was there, but at the time that was an easy thing for me to do. I will make a reasonable attempt to see her if an occassion arises, but it is certain performances that I would do everything in my power to go to.
So I had to get my own fandomness figured out before I moved on to other areas of this topic. Degree wise, I'd have to put my fandomness of "her" at a 7.
I think I that would be 5 on my scale, as for me 10 is total obsession.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post

And by the way, I think that much of the philosophy behind Alizéeness can be traced back to Laurent´s philosophy (and to the Giorgino movie).

:
Are you saying Laurent's philophy is the same as the philosophy behind the movie? If not, what exactly would you say is his philosophy. I don't think we've discussed him much in recent years. Most of the talk is centered around Mylene it seems to me.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Are you saying Laurent's philophy is the same as the philosophy behind the movie? If not, what exactly would you say is his philosophy. I don't think we've discussed him much in recent years. Most of the talk is centered around Mylene it seems to me.
Well, as you know, Mylene and Laurent were masterminding this movie for a long time... it certainly projects his philosophy quite well.
For me, it seems like this movie complements all previous Laurent´s videoclips, perhaps Sans contrefacon the most. I cannot really pin down Laurent´s philosophy in a few sentences, but if you are interested into this topic my advice is to focus on how the character of Mylene is portrayed in his pre-1994 videoclips and try to link your observations with the character Mylene was playing in the Giorgino movie (Catherine).

If you want to take the shorter route, read the Giorgino reviews here:
Giorgino on imdb.com
--> EDIT: focus on the review "Be Like Children"
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Last Fan Standing

I'm curious how other members deal with the way Sony France leaves us out and ignores us. I've been led to believe that there are legalities involved in the music industry with rights and so on. But I see Sony France tweeting to the French about artists from the US everyday. France has movies and television shows from the US but ACDLA isn't available on iTunes or Amazon in the US. Maybe it's costly to do whatever is needed to allow her music here. I have no idea.

I've been letting it bother me more than I should. Is moving beyond this as simple as just 'letting it go'? I'm usually good at accepting how things are, when there are reasons that make sense.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

If it makes you feel better, Sony Music France was responding to tweets all around the world regarding Alizee's video unavailability in every country but France, saying that they were working on it. They sent out several of these tweets. Now its 48 hours after the video release and it hasn't been allowed anywhere else, but I guess they are still working on it.

But other than that...I feel that if a fan wants her stuff, they'd simply go on Youtube to get it...since its always readily available there. But is having her music available on iTunes and Amazon going to bring on a hoard of new fans? I don't think so...but then again, it happened in Mexico. But I honestly think that unless she came over here and performed, it wouldn't make a difference whether or not her songs are for sale on the US iTunes or not.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Last Fan Standing

Yeah, Sony.fr was responding, but they stopped doing that. Now they talk about Bruce Springsteen. If they wanted it available worldwide they could just upload it to her channel where the teasers are.

I'm being selfish here. I'm not worried about getting new fans, since they aren't. It's important to me that I acquire things through the proper channels. I'm learning that that can be impossible, so I've adopted some flexibility. (This only applies to me, I don't care what anyone else does.) Sony/ Jive/Epic can't be oblivious to the fact that no content can be controlled these days and that it all spreads around the world as soon as it becomes available. So therefore my little mind takes it personally when they don't intend for me to have access to the content.

Then I start to wonder how she feels about it....

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 12-07-2012 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: As always, adding clarity

Tags
fan experiences