Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-07-2008, 03:33 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

nothing that drugs do to the human brain chemically, isnt already being done. They access different receptor sites bringing a variety of emotions to people. the thing about drugs is how they're used. Before Exstacy was banned in the US, it was created and used to help people come close together. It was used as a counciling drug with couples, and was a very good drug. the reason it was banned is because when you're under its infulences you can become dehydrated. and thats exactly what happened, people in clubs started taking doses of Ex and collapsing due to lack of hydration.
If you want a different perspective on life, experiamenting, not abusing but testing drugs, is a very powerful event.
Personally i dont like doing drugs because im not comfortable with the fact that once its in your bloodstream, its not gonna come out for a while. Its the loss of control that keeps me away from drugs. (besides alcohol). But if you ever do take drugs make sure you use the buddy system, specially the first time :P
Old 02-07-2008, 05:32 AM
Happy Happy! :)

Moi-aimes-Alizée is on a distinguished road
Default Encouraging to use drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaceman View Post
nothing that drugs do to the human brain chemically, isnt already being done. They access different receptor sites bringing a variety of emotions to people. the thing about drugs is how they're used. Before Exstacy was banned in the US, it was created and used to help people come close together. It was used as a counciling drug with couples, and was a very good drug. the reason it was banned is because when you're under its infulences you can become dehydrated. and thats exactly what happened, people in clubs started taking doses of Ex and collapsing due to lack of hydration.
If you want a different perspective on life, experiamenting, not abusing but testing drugs, is a very powerful event.
Personally i dont like doing drugs because im not comfortable with the fact that once its in your bloodstream, its not gonna come out for a while. Its the loss of control that keeps me away from drugs. (besides alcohol). But if you ever do take drugs make sure you use the buddy system, specially the first time :P
It almost sounds like in the end that u encourage people to try it, or atleast u dont give the impresstion that it's a bad thing to do more like its giving u another aspect of drinking or socializing with mates. You may know a lot about drugs but what u just wrote is pretty frightening

Old 02-07-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi-aimes-Alizée View Post
It almost sounds like in the end that u encourage people to try it, or atleast u dont give the impresstion that it's a bad thing to do more like its giving u another aspect of drinking or socializing with mates. You may know a lot about drugs but what u just wrote is pretty frightening
Drugs, and the way they're accessed the whole cartel, are labeled. In modern times drugs are exploited for different reasons. Trafficing of drugs, overdoses, addictions, gang disputes, stuff like that makes drugs out to seem horrible. Abuse, crackheads, dope zombies, gangester rhasta men, all this stuff has steriotyped the modern illegal drug use. Drugs are NOT bad, its the steriotype and critisim from everyone about gateways which keeps people hating. I promise you that Alcohol is exponentially worse for you then most drugs. The way it destroys the liver and CNS is much more harmful than trippin on shrooms or smokin a little Ganja.
I guess my point is that experimentation is life, you live and learn, but if you haven't learned then you haven't lived. Go to the highlands of the Equatorian jungle and share a peace pipe with a native shaman; your brain might meet your mind.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 AM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

drugs are not anything else beside that what we see about them, so if we see an unpleasant person poisoned by drugs it's bad, and if he is disturbing and unbalanced it's even worse. Other than that drugs are just chemistry that influence our brain and for that- mind. Mind and brain are not the same thing...ohhh.. by far, but the mind uses the brain to keep us in this world. If the brain's looses itself even a bit, you're not here any more. The brain controls everything.
I agree that before you even touch a drug you should prepare yourself mentally as it's not like alcohol or cigarettes, it's far more serious. I suggest you forget about them because it's very dangerous, the fear it can bring for you will depress you totally and devoid of will to live.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:53 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

I see a lot of ignorance here. Not all drugs are the same. For example, psychedelic drugs like LSD or magic mushrooms have no damaging side effects on your body whatsoever (although they can mess up your mind). If taken in a responsible manner they can really give you a new perspective on things and influence your perception in fascinating interesting ways.
It is also not very likely that you'll ever become addicted to psychedelics because a trip is so intense and exhausting that you won't be tempted to do it every day. I myself have taken shrooms and salvia (another psychedelic drug) on several occasions and I've never been in danger of becomming addicted to them.
Ecstasy I would rate as more dangerous because it gives you very very pleasant feelings (so the risk of addiction is higher) and harmful side effects on the brain can't be ruled out (if used excessively).
That being said, both alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous than psychedelics or Ecstasy. And of course these are drugs, too. They're just legal drugs, that doesn't mean they're safe. They're not.
The only drugs I can think of that are really a lot more dangerous and harmful than alcohol would be Heroin and Cocaine. I will never try that but Winehouse sadly has. These drugs don't give you any insight or interesting thoughts they just stimulate your pleasure center in the brain and they are extremely addictive and have serious side effects.

Regarding celebrities as role models: Anyone who is stupid enough to take drugs just because his or her favorite celebrity does deserves what is coming to him/her.

I don't know if Alizee experimented with drugs in recent years (not that unlikely in my opinion, now is the right time to do it) but if she did I wouldn't have a problem with that because obviously it hasn't harmed her. And why is her new album called Psychedelices again?

Last edited by dreamer; 02-07-2008 at 12:58 PM..
Old 02-07-2008, 12:56 PM
recovering alizée addict

Old 02-07-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I see a lot of ignorance here. Not all drugs are the same. For example, psychedelic drugs like LSD or magic mushrooms have no damaging side effects on your body whatsoever (although they can mess up your mind). If taken in a responsible manner they can really give you a new perspective on things and influence your perception in fascinating interesting ways.
It is also not very likely that you'll ever become addicted to psychedelics because a trip is so intense and exhausting that you won't be tempted to do it every day. I myself have taken shrooms and salvia (another psychedelic drug) on several occasions and I've never been in danger of becomming addicted to them.
Ecstasy I would rate as more dangerous because it gives you very very pleasant feelings (so the risk of addiction is higher) and harmful side effects on the brain can't be ruled out (if used excessively).
That being said, both alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous than psychedelics or Ecstasy. And of course these are drugs, too. They're just legal drugs, that doesn't mean they're safe. They're not.
The only drugs I can think of that are really a lot more dangerous and harmful than alcohol would be Heroin and Cocaine. I will never try that but Winehouse sadly has. These drugs don't give you any insight or interesting thoughts they just stimulate your pleasure center in the brain and they are extremely addictive and have serious side effects.

Regarding celebrities as role models: Anyone who is stupid enough to take drugs just because his or her favorite celebrity does deserves what is coming to him/her.

I don't know if Alizee experimented with drugs in recent years (not that unlikely in my opinion, now is the right time to do it) but if she did I wouldn't have a problem with that because obviously it hasn't harmed her. And why is her new album called Psychedelices again?
I thankyou
Old 02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

The most dangerous part is the psychological addiction. Whenever you find yourself in hard life situation you'll want to escape into drugs and more to it, you also may fall into them by habit. That is worse than anything else because you find yourself driven by them, you're not totally free, forcing yourself not to use drugs it bad also, because you would like to try them once more. Whenerver you have them in your mind is not good, drugs are not natural. If you want to escape yourself, just do it naturally, relax and let go of yourself.
I've never done drugs, but if psychedelics give the same experience like astral travel then it will be hard to tolerate at your hard put order. I don't quite understand, dreamer what you say by getting exhausted by psychedelics experience, I bet it's not the experience that is exhausting, but I don't know what psychedelics deliver to you, maybe drugs drain all the energy out of you, that is not good at all.
I also heard that during psychedelics influence you're not very aware that means you can't control your desires and wishes. I for one can escape the inner realm whenever I wish to, if I wish to, and I can have conscious control over me totally. With drugs you can't do that, as I heard once again. Plus because drugs is a stimulant for the mind you can witness stuff you may not like, your subconsciouss mind is not clean as you may think. Most people of this world, I am sure, don't realize the enormous depth of life/psychic. That's why I think it's better to stay away from drugs, because of not to get confused big time. It's not the life that is confusing, but the ignorance.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 02-07-2008 at 03:05 PM..
Old 02-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I see a lot of ignorance here. Not all drugs are the same. For example, psychedelic drugs like LSD or magic mushrooms have no damaging side effects on your body whatsoever
Don't know about you, but I consider the brain to be a part of the body.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:18 PM
recovering alizée addict

Ok , let's clear a few things up.

Quote:
Whenerver you have them in your mind is not good, drugs are not natural. If you want to escape yourself, just do it naturally, relax and let go of yourself.
I've learned from experience that discussions about what is natural are fruitless but my opinion is this: Whatever we do is natural because we are part of nature (and drugs are part of nature, too). You not taking them is as natural as me taking them. And I don't equate "natural" with "good" or "right" by the way.

Quote:
I've never done drugs, but if psychedelics give the same experience like astral travel then it will be hard to tolerate at your hard put order. I don't quite understand, dreamer what you say by getting exhausted by psychedelics experience, I bet it's not the experience that is exhausting, but I don't know what psychedelics deliver to you, maybe drugs drain all the energy out of you, that is not good at all.
If you've never done drugs how can you possibly know that they're bad. Of course there are a lot of people who can't handle it but there are also many who use drugs in a responsible way, more than you think.

What a psychedelic drug does to you depends in large part on yourself. If you're depressed, anxious etc. chances are that you will end up having a bad trip or at least it won't be pleasant. But if you're in a reasonably good mood it will alter your thinking and your perception in ways you truly can't imagine if you've never tried it. When I do shrooms and go outside everything comes alive. Things look basically the same (ok, there are the occasional morph effects but that's just a nice gimmick) yet everything seems so much more vivid and colorful you start to wonder what you're missing when you're in your normal state. It's just another way to percieve the world. I also feel a great flow of energy inside me, a comfortable warm feeling. I could go on but I think you get the picture, it can be a very positive experience. I feel somewhat exhausted afterwards because after a while it can become a bit overwhelming, sort of a sensory overload (but nothing to be frightened of). Also, I get a lot of thinking done when I'm tripping so that is exhausting me as well. A trip lasts six to eight hours, that's another reason.

Quote:
I also heard that during psychedelics influence you're not very aware that means you can't control your desires and wishes.
That's even more true for alcohol. Psychedelic drugs may show you something about yourself you didn't want to face but I find it hard to imagine that you would act on your impulses in that state. Or think about weed: have you ever heard of stoners who started a bar brawl or something like that?

Last edited by dreamer; 02-07-2008 at 04:45 PM..