Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-15-2007, 10:19 AM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theit77 View Post
Alizée's physical beauty and the beauty of her character have often been commented upon, but what about her musical beauty?? I discovered her 3 months ago and have listened to nothing else since. Every minute I'm at my computer (3+ hrs/day) I have Alizée playing. I have 100 or so songs of hers including en concert, mixes, and some fan remixes. I've listened to each 15, 20, or more times, and they don't get old, they just don't. Her music is phenomenal. I give major credit to Laurent for some amazing composition, Mylene for her lyrics, and Alizée for the perfect voice, singing, and mannerisms of singing (= very cute). It all comes together so well, and the songs are just so good!

Agree? Disagree?

do any of you notice you listen to nothing but Alizée?
Of course i AGREE!!! i love all of Alizée's music and listen to it frequently, however i dont neglect my other favorite music, but I do end up listening to Alizée at least once a day, usually more

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 04-15-2007, 10:40 AM

NYMedStudent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizée's physical beauty and the beauty of her character have often been commented upon, but what about her musical beauty?? I discovered her 3 months ago and have listened to nothing else since. Every minute I'm at my computer (3+ hrs/day) I have Alizée playing. I have 100 or so songs of hers including en concert, mixes, and some fan remixes. I've listened to each 15, 20, or more times, and they don't get old, they just don't. Her music is phenomenal. I give major credit to Laurent for some amazing composition, Mylene for her lyrics, and Alizée for the perfect voice, singing, and mannerisms of singing (= very cute). It all comes together so well, and the songs are just so good!

Agree? Disagree?

do any of you notice you listen to nothing but Alizée?
The songs are all great, mostly because Laurent has stuck to the basic pop formula and REFUSED (ingeniously) to deviate beyond it one iota.

The songs all start in a lower register (probably with the exception of Parles tout bas), and move up, either during the melody of verse 1 or in verse two into Alizee's higher register. Crucial to construction of a song is also the avoidance of the high note until the climax/climaxes of the song. This provides emphasis and a sense of movement/progression to the song, i.e. it takes you from point A to point B.

Part of point B is also the use of a harmony vocal added at the very end of each song softly under Alizee's voice. Notice also that the refrain is ALWAYS sung twice at the end, which serves basically to ingrain the song in one's conscience before it is done.

Another staple of Laurent is the key change... a modulation up in the penultimate refrain often, but he varies where he puts this.

Most importantly probably is the PRODUCTION... meaning the final SOUND of the tracks. Use of rhythmic guitar combined with realistic orchestral strings add MOTION to every song. So even in what seems to be a slow song, he gets a beat and movement going.

And by the way, it is very obvious to me that nearly all these songs were initially conceived using a guitar.

Last edited by NYMedStudent; 04-15-2007 at 10:42 AM..
Old 04-15-2007, 11:03 AM

kdn is on a distinguished road

I almost forgot (was too busy agreeing with OGRE ), in the first weeks I wasn't listening to Lili only when I was sleeping or eating. That mean Lili 18/24 and 7/7.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I listen to Alizée every day. I also listen to other music and search out new stuff too. NYMedStudent really sums up Laurent's technique pretty well. You don't hear key modulation used that much anymore, and I like the way Laurent uses it, but doesn't overuse it.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:49 AM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMedStudent View Post
The songs are all great, mostly because Laurent has stuck to the basic pop formula and REFUSED (ingeniously) to deviate beyond it one iota.

The songs all start in a lower register (probably with the exception of Parles tout bas), and move up, either during the melody of verse 1 or in verse two into Alizee's higher register. Crucial to construction of a song is also the avoidance of the high note until the climax/climaxes of the song. This provides emphasis and a sense of movement/progression to the song, i.e. it takes you from point A to point B.

Part of point B is also the use of a harmony vocal added at the very end of each song softly under Alizee's voice. Notice also that the refrain is ALWAYS sung twice at the end, which serves basically to ingrain the song in one's conscience before it is done.

Another staple of Laurent is the key change... a modulation up in the penultimate refrain often, but he varies where he puts this.

Most importantly probably is the PRODUCTION... meaning the final SOUND of the tracks. Use of rhythmic guitar combined with realistic orchestral strings add MOTION to every song. So even in what seems to be a slow song, he gets a beat and movement going.

And by the way, it is very obvious to me that nearly all these songs were initially conceived using a guitar.
nice analysis, do you think his use of the lower register is why he and Mylene chose Alizée? - because she can sing low
Old 04-15-2007, 11:59 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchomacH View Post
I listen to her as part of my workout routine. By the time both her cd's are over i have been in the gym for 1hr 1/2. As long as I keep seeing results, I will keep listening to her when I work out.
Workout? You mean your ballet workout? I can't imagine working out to Parler tout bas lifting weights What are you doing in the gym while listening to parler tout bas??? I'm very curious

Well you get results, that's all that matters

Alizee and the gym lol, now that's funny. It's AC/DC time when I'm pumping the iron!
Old 04-15-2007, 12:05 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Workout? You mean your ballet workout? I can't imagine working out to Parler tout bas lifting weights What are you doing in the gym while listening to parler tout bas??? I'm very curious

Well you get results, that's all that matters

Alizee and the gym lol, now that's funny. It's AC/DC time when I'm pumping the iron!
C'est Trop Tard works well
Old 04-15-2007, 12:20 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

i agre see with Alizee has a talent where in some songs you can feel the emotion she puts into it that emotional connection is what seperates her from singers like Britney spears (whom i despise) and Paris
Hilton ( i despise as well)

see if you are truly a good singer the listeners can feel the emotion and connect to it making sure that it's a good song and you are truly a talented singer
Old 04-15-2007, 12:21 PM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhehe View Post
i agre see with Alizee has a talent where in some songs you can feel the emotion she puts into it that emotional connection is what seperates her from singers like Britney spears (whom i despise) and Paris
Hilton ( i despise as well)

see if you are truly a good singer the listeners can feel the emotion and connect to it making sure that it's a good song and you are truly a talented singer
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 04-15-2007, 12:38 PM

NYMedStudent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
nice analysis, do you think his use of the lower register is why he and Mylene chose Alizée? - because she can sing low
I agree-- definitely had something to do with it.

Then again, she can't hit some of the high notes in the songs. (Forgive me Alizee, I still love you)!!!

More likely it was more about stage presence and pop packaging.