Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-16-2011, 04:52 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

tl;dr most of this.

(if you are as experiencing a state of tl;dr, scroll down to the bottom for a synopsis of my marshmallow peep-fueled mindspew)

I was just sitting here poking around with popsicle sticks, grip tape, fun foam, and a paper cup trying to engineer some form of baldric for my nerf sword so that I may carry it in a proper manner whilst I play paintball. Then, I saw that I had an email/pm asking me to give my seventeen cents (of course, my opinion matters much more than everyone else's so it would carry more monetary/figural worth)(that last line there was specifically put in so that I could imagine all of your faces frowning while thinking 'wow, what a dick' while giggling to myself like a small girl and taping popsicle sticks to a paper cup)

--------

I originally intended to lay out my 2.5 main thoughts, but it was too hard to keep them separate. I'm typing literally as I would if I were speaking aloud; each word that pops in my head goes down at 104wps

Are we really considering censoring our matter so eight year olds can read AAm threads without being offended? Fuckin' really?

I just deleted a message body the size of which would make Fanny blush in favor of focusing on what I actually think rather than fluff to make myself sound credible. I'll leave someone else to argue the "internet; you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy... we must be cautious" argument which I currently lack the zeal for.

According to the site's demographics which I conjured up in my mind following absolutely no factual data of any sort, we have four main groups (note: registered users). Males 16-35, males 35+, Azhiri, and Karla. When viewing these groups, I can comfortably say that everyone here is generally mature, generally cordial, and generally Socratic.

That being said, I'm utterly shocked and somewhat disappointed that there's an argument even going on. I'll end it here. Yes, Alizée has sung and promoted songs that strongly suggest sex and sexual matters. Anybody who denies this is an idiot. Personally, I don't care. I truly don't. I like the way her songs sound, I even like singing along to some of them, but I don't care about the metaphors and allegorical connections and suggestive lyrics and all that jazz. I recognize that she's singing about her soft skin in her bubble bath. As to whether or not she's masturbating and fish represents blahblah and the zucchini is a metaphorical dick stimulating her gag reflex to vomiting (maybe I should edit that last bit for our 7 year old audience)... I don't know, don't care. It's not that I'm specifically seeking the sanctuary of ignorance, it's that it doesn't matter whether or not I can analyze the words and seeing the "true" (which actually, isn't) meaning of the songs.

But, sexual shenanigans are present in her songs. That's her main alluring factor and, in my opinion, almost sole reason for her success. And being that we are a community that actually does find interest in Alizée past the JPVA dress, we are thus bound to discuss matters more worthwhile than her "awesome tits" (as Zach so lovingly puts it) and JEAM video.

(I'm going to use "sexy" specifically as an adjective to mean something was sexual in nature, had sexual connotations, etc, not denoting aesthetics)
So here we are, a random assortment of people who are here because (most likely) they watched a sexy youtube video of a singer who played a sexy character her entire career singing sexy songs... and you guys (I don't mean all of you, of course. I just don't care whose on which side so I'm referring to everyone for my convenience) are surprised that we're growing the balls to discuss said sexy songs and are calling it offensive?

By your guys' logic, it would then be offensive for a forum about horror films discussing the gore in Saw V... it doesn't make any sense

I'm not against in-depth analysis of stuff. Not at all. I know someone who loves analyzing The Wall, I know a hipster who thinks he understands the religious symbolism in the Windows symbol, I myself love analyzing Lost...

But if you're registered in a Lost forum reading a thread about Lost which so happens to be me discussing the symbolic significance of Penny's lack of a centric episode, don't be shocked that you're reading a thread discussing Lost in a Lost forum.

(more literally put for our 8 year old audience who doesn't yet understand rhetoric)
(But if you're registered in an Alizée forum reading a thread about an Alizée song which so happens to be someone discussing the "deeper" meaning of L'Alizé, don't be shocked that you're reading a thread discussing Alizée in an Alizée forum.)

And as for the discussions themselves, I think that all discussion regarding the sexual-or-not undertones of her songs are valid. We're here to discuss, aren't we? I have absolutely no problem with people's interpretations of different song lyrics (including a pretty explicit one I read a while back which was pretty entertaining). I respect all opinions (I use "respect" and "tolerate" interchangeably) in exchange for receiving the same treatment when I inevitably post my opinions.

What I do not like, however, is sexual discussion regarding Alizée Jacotey herself. I'm perfectly comfortable hearing people talk about sex and all that jazz... but what makes me madder than fuck is when people talk about sex and another person in such disrespect. It makes me livid. I can't stand seeing people display such a disrespect towards someone else. I can't even watch Alizée videos on youtube. The comments left by people in them.

(I was trying to keep this part not personal, but it simply has to be so you understand where I'm coming from kinda, however selfish it may be)

I have a very negative view of the male gender. I hate chauvinists, I hate sexual deviants, I hate men who value women as less, I hate all of it. I hate all the connotations with stereotypical men so much that I've gone to great lengths to make myself noticeably apart from them. The problem, hardly anyone from myself notices (apart from my parents who are somewhat concerned that at my age I still have never had sex/a girlfriend/kiss/etc... but I digress.)

The reason I have such a problem with such talk like

is that I cannot stand the knowledge that I will forever be represented by this. I'm not a beta male (nor do I even identify myself within that method of classification), I'm not trying to present myself as "the sensitive guy", I'm like this because I believe it's naturally correct. I will not stand for Alizée assuming I'm of the same crop of those who say shit like "I'd make her work for her $200", as it enrages me. It enrages me when I can't request video proof of something without my original intention of merely wanting proof being perverted into me wanting something to "jack off" to (as to whether or not the second party would believe the imbecilic third, I don't know, but as you all can imagine I would certainly hope not because it would destroy my integrity and honesty by the hands of a mere male). It enrages me that I can't sit in the library and look towards the clock without having some pants-about-his-knees male coming up to me and threatening me with violence because "his" girl so happened to be sitting in the line of sight between me and the clock and having both parties misconstruing my merely wanting to know the time to piggishly ogling some random girl.

It enrages me when anyone is disrespected for no good reason. (Do any of you see the irony in this as well?)
I will not stand for anyone disrespecting an undeserving Alizée with sexual language in this forum.

So, for the tl;dr's,

- Anyone under 10 should not be on the internet for anything other than postopia.com and flash-based game sites with educational games
- Anyone who lacks the ability to participate in a Socratic discussion in a discussion should not register here.
- Anyone who registers here should understand that Alizée is an entertainer and worked in her trade in order to make money.
- I don't agree with denoting threads with "Sexually Explicit".
- Talk about your interpretations of the songs all you want, I don't care, we're here to discuss
- Talk about ^ involving sexual matters all you want, I don't care (and no one else should either, as the discussion would be pertaining to what MF/LB wanted to implant into the song to make money)
- DO NOT talk about making sexy time with Alizée or anyone else (although I reserve the right to type out my Olive Garden fantasies of Smithypoo)

I just KNOW that I'm going to wake up tomorrow, having totally forgotten about this thread and this post... come back to it later and think to myself "oh... shouldn't have said that... and that one... could have worded that one better...."

But alas, I'm cross-eyed from current irl frustrations, I'm most likely dehydrated but for some reason water tastes like metallic soap to me so it's strictly been Sunkist the past day or two, I'm sleep deprived (I kinda like the feeling though... it's like a movie where I'm only conscious during important stuff but I still know the stuff I don't remember still happened), damn space heater broke from being powered on for about six months straight so I'm cold as hell right now, due to my lack of sleep I can consciously feel my philtrum which is of slight annoyance...

SEACREST OUT

Edit:

Since I'll probably see this at lunch time:

@:! - Jack's giving you the marker and it's leaking from the LPR

Last edited by user472884; 05-16-2011 at 04:52 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
What I do not like, however, is sexual discussion regarding Alizée Jacotey herself. I'm perfectly comfortable hearing people talk about sex and all that jazz... but what makes me madder than fuck is when people talk about sex and another person in such disrespect. It makes me livid. I can't stand seeing people display such a disrespect towards someone else. I can't even watch Alizée videos on youtube. The comments left by people in them.

(I was trying to keep this part not personal, but it simply has to be so you understand where I'm coming from kinda, however selfish it may be)

I have a very negative view of the male gender. I hate chauvinists, I hate sexual deviants, I hate men who value women as less, I hate all of it. I hate all the connotations with stereotypical men so much that I've gone to great lengths to make myself noticeably apart from them. The problem, hardly anyone from myself notices (apart from my parents who are somewhat concerned that at my age I still have never had sex/a girlfriend/kiss/etc... but I digress.)

The reason I have such a problem with such talk like

is that I cannot stand the knowledge that I will forever be represented by this. I'm not a beta male (nor do I even identify myself within that method of classification), I'm not trying to present myself as "the sensitive guy", I'm like this because I believe it's naturally correct. I will not stand for Alizée assuming I'm of the same crop of those who say shit like "I'd make her work for her $200", as it enrages me. It enrages me when I can't request video proof of something without my original intention of merely wanting proof being perverted into me wanting something to "jack off" to (as to whether or not the second party would believe the imbecilic third, I don't know, but as you all can imagine I would certainly hope not because it would destroy my integrity and honesty by the hands of a mere male). It enrages me that I can't sit in the library and look towards the clock without having some pants-about-his-knees male coming up to me and threatening me with violence because "his" girl so happened to be sitting in the line of sight between me and the clock and having both parties misconstruing my merely wanting to know the time to piggishly ogling some random girl.

It enrages me when anyone is disrespected for no good reason. (Do any of you see the irony in this as well?)
I will not stand for anyone disrespecting an undeserving Alizée with sexual language in this forum.
I couldn't agree more. When I became a fan of her a few years ago (about 1.5, a little more than 1 since I joined) that's the only thing I would see. Youtube comments would have nothing but degrading and disrespectful comments about how "they'd...tap that", when I tried convincing my friends to give her music a chance they would keep saying "I would do her, but only if she shut up". The latter aggravated me so much I later turned out to stop talking to the guy after a big fight about the matter of respecting women. This is one big reason to why I stopped going to Youtube, because everything would be filled with either trolls or just disrespectful stupid jerks.

I am currently writing this on my laptop, and I was until just a week ago using an Alizée wallpaper for both my desktop and my screensaver, but then we were in a joined class, and I started my computer and a couple of guys from another class asked me "Why do you even like her, she's got no boobs whatsoever" and that too aggravated me (now I feel the need to bring up, I am a very calm person normally, but to be so shallow and get peer pressured if you're not is one of the many things wrong with this world).
Todays society is shallow and only care about looks, I can say with 99% certainty that most active members on here get past that, because I've seen everyone at least once mention something amazing about her personality; but it's a little number compared to those shallow jerks that put a stereotype for other men to follow and assume is the right way to treat women.

Now, I also wrote this while being slightly aggravated, so excuse me if it isn't as coherent as you want it to be.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:32 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Its all fine and dandy to not want to talk about Alizee sexually, but most people STILL manage to say things inappropriate without being reprimanded. As for the songs, they were written FOR HER. You don't know what Alizee told MF back in the day and I don't think she added sexual references solely for the purpose of making more money. Sex is a part of life and a part of Alizee's life. I can't say I want to talk about hypothetical situations involving her, but the songs aren't about some random person, they're about HER and HER life experiences.

The only reason I can find for people tip toeing around this sort of issue is people tend to get defensive when what you're saying about them is true. So, if you're sexually attracted to Alizee, that's fine, but keep those naughty thoughts to yourself.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
And in Corsaire's quote of what Scruffy said in the JBG Trivia thread, there is another perfect example of what I am talking about (not trying to put you down Scruff, you're a good man and I know you only used for the purpose of an example); it is when he simply typed in the words "Alizee sleep with her dad" into that post. That should be something that shouldn't be put out here since it is something sexual that talks about Alizee and/or her family...
Of course I was just using that as an example. I'm sure in such threads, there will be comments involving Alizee and her family whether by design or accidental.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:02 PM

ferb96 is on a distinguished road

Eh guys i think we are making the situation become worse than it is.

First i read the JBG Trivia and think "woa. how cool is that. this song has another meaning. wow. coincidence. wait. Mylene. oh that's right she plays with words"

And then "uhuh. i see. Mylene has wrote something involving sex. I knew from the beginning she was like Lady GaGa of france. I'm not surprised"

But then people make a fuzz on the forum about "to censor or not to censor". Personally i think a 15 year-old like me must know what is right and what is wrong about sex so ... just ... just don't make it too explicit.

The [MDO] label is fine. Maybe some people found some really really "dirty" meaning in the lyric about this stuff or that stuff but don't know where to share they can use this label. And if anyone capable of making [MDO] threads unavailable in the "Latest Posts" on the homepage i would be so pleased.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:26 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

A few additional comments:

The danger of having Alizée, the person, brought up when sexual content is discussed is real and we should not just pretend that it will never happen, but, at the same time, anyone can come on AAm forums, visit any thread which include a video for JPVA and write that they wouldn’t mind having Alizée bend down this way in front of them (this is just to illustrate the point, Aaron.... I really don’t understand why anyone would think that discussing sexual matters will make it impossible to deal with this sort of behaviour. As it is the case for all discussions, any questionable remark towards Alizée, the person, can be dealt with efficiently; any mod can just jump in, delete the offending post and warn the culprit that this is not tolerated. What is so different about sexual topics?

Concerning the possibility that discussing sexual content in her songs would stain Alizée’s image, here again, I do not understand how pointing out that the third verse of one of her songs is making a clear references to oral sex would be detrimental to Alizée, the person. It does not imply that she herself has any particular opinion about oral sex. This is like asking people on a Jodie Foster fan forum to not discuss the fact that she was playing a child prostitute in the movie Taxi Driver. If one wants to discuss her character in the movie, why would it reflect badly on JF, the person?

Again, Alizée herself comfirmed that the early Alizée was an act. If anyone here (and I am not targeting anyone in particular) blends “Alizée, the character” with “Alizée, the person”, then I would say the tension and misunderstanding arises from that confusion and not from discussions about sexual content in some of her songs.

Also, it is important to mention that we are not talking about a barrage of endless sexual topics on AAm forums. We are just talking about a few threads here and there where people interested in analysing the content of her work could point out to what they believe are clear sexual references. No one here is forced to read those interpretations, or believe that they are valid.

Last edited by Corsaire; 05-16-2011 at 01:31 PM..
Old 05-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
I couldn't agree more.
YES!

Quote:
When I became a fan of her a few years ago (about 1.5, a little more than 1 since I joined) that's the only thing I would see. Youtube comments would have nothing but degrading and disrespectful comments about how "they'd...tap that", when I tried convincing my friends to give her music a chance they would keep saying "I would do her, but only if she shut up". The latter aggravated me so much I later turned out to stop talking to the guy after a big fight about the matter of respecting women. This is one big reason to why I stopped going to Youtube, because everything would be filled with either trolls or just disrespectful stupid jerks.
This is the sole reason I don't exactly go around promoting her anymore. I think I've said it here before, but I'd rather not have everyone know about her. I'd rather her only following be even only us, who understand who she is and what she's about and treat her with respect... than a massive following of absolute dogs. It's even gotten to the point where I was almost embarrased to be a fan. Imagine me, stating what I already have about being related to others, trying to introduce people to her and the only videos I can share are JEAM, JPVA, and Moi Lolita (with me being seen as a horn dog, horn dog, and pedophile, respectively)

Quote:
I am currently writing this on my laptop, and I was until just a week ago using an Alizée wallpaper for both my desktop and my screensaver
I used to have my wallpaper set to her (specifically, the photo from the Gourmandises era where she's sitting on the swing) because it was a constant reminder of what fundamental lack she represented in my mind... couldn't use it anymore for the same reasons (but with additional suggestions of obsession and pedophilia. I find it only interesting that it's perfectly acceptable that 17-18 (and in one case I've observed, 22) year olds can date/attempt to seduce (not exaggerating. When you don't talk all day people forget you're there and you hear and see a lot of stuff) the 13-14-15 year olds irl, but I'm viewed with disdain for having a photo of a 16 year old on my desktop.)

Quote:
Now, I also wrote this while being slightly aggravated, so excuse me if it isn't as coherent as you want it to be.
Don't even worry about it. I'm always moderately aggravated and almost consistently incoherent. I just find that if you purposely try to be incoherent while in an incoherent state the two will cancel out. But most of the time, at least with me, that doesn't occur and I'm stilll the seemingly insane, angry guy laughing to himself about all the inside (95% inside with myself, 5% actually detectable by others) jokes nearly everything he says is constrewn with.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

A lot of people have already said much of what I would say. But in my opinion, discussions of a sexual nature should not be about Alizée or her family. And yes, some of the "body parts" threads have personally made me more uncomfortable than discussing the sexual nature of her lyrics.

There may be some confusion about AAm's history in this regard. For those who don't know, take a look at this thread: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677

Browse through the thread or read the whole thing. And read Anthony's analysis of JEAM. (Correction, someone other than Anthony did the JEAM analysis). This stuff dates back to 4-26-2007. So you can see we have had such discussions here in the past without having to close them or heavily mod them. It wasn't considered off limits then and as far as I know, it isn't off limits now. But the one difference I see, is back then people didn't start name-calling and ripping each other apart. It all comes back to conversing in a civilized manner. In the recent past, often what has become offensive is the behavior of the posters, not the original content of the discussion.

Last edited by lefty12357; 05-16-2011 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: Corrected an error, I guess my memory is going...
Old 05-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
any mod can just jump in, delete the offending post and warn the culprit that this is not tolerated. What is so different about sexual topics?
Man, if the mods had enough time to read every thread and delete what should be deleted(I am refering to people mentioning/discussing anything about Alizée sexually), then this forum would be squeaky clean and be enjoyable for all and we'd most likely notice a small climb in membership.

But sadly the mods have just as much time as the rest of us so they can't catch everything that happens. And that is why we are trying to set rules for what can and what shouldn't be mentioned/discussed.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:15 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferb96 View Post

The [MDO] label is fine. Maybe some people found some really really "dirty" meaning in the lyric about this stuff or that stuff but don't know where to share they can use this label. And if anyone capable of making [MDO] threads unavailable in the "Latest Posts" on the homepage i would be so pleased.
I think that might be a very good idea. I'm sure it can be done, but don't know how difficult it may be.

That way dedicated members of this forum will know where these threads will be so they can join in if they choose to and visitors who are just passing through, won't be in for sticker shock when they go to the home page.