Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-04-2008, 11:27 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I've watched it twice or maybe three times. I didn't feel that the subtitles impeded the meaning or the mood of the film.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee=Czech-Princess! View Post
Just ordered a copy!
I hope its as good as people say, and I hope the subtitles don't take away any of the emotion
If anything I say it adds, you get the actual voice of the actor and while you may not understand it you hear their tone and I usually find that more effective then a dub, dub's are usually never as good at conveying emotion as the original actors. Reading the subtitles shouldn't take any from the movie that much, I hope you enjoy it though, I know I did. Audrey does a great job and I think you would be hard pressed to at least not fall in love with her character.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!

Last edited by Chommpers; 08-05-2008 at 03:19 PM..
Old 08-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Funny, in my country (Sweden) we only dub movies for kids. I would never even consider watching a movie (not even the child flicks) dubbed to another language, you lose so much of the magic.

And for the movie itself i would dare call it a classic, it's a "must see" movie. If i were to compare it to something american i would say it reminds me of Forest Gump, which is a masterpiece itself. It has the same kind of "feel good" atmosphere.

I really like this movie and i strongly recommend you see it. The soundtrack for the movie is also one of my favourites (Valse D'Amelie).

But why listen to me when our own little angel already told you it's good
(Being a goddess and having good taste in movies, how perfect can you get )
Old 08-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

According to AOL Amelie is #10 in "10 movies to see before you die"
http://shopping.aol.com/movies-music...408x1200394259

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Performing a little bit of thread necromancy myself with this one, but I can't help it--I just saw this film for the first time tonight, and I'm overwhelmed by how much I absolutely adored it. Once I finished, I immediately wanted to go back to the beginning and watch it all again. I haven't felt that way about a movie in a long time. It's funny, and sweet, and very moving.

I agree with everyone who's said you can't help but fall in love with Amelie by the end of it. Audrey Tautou's portrayal of her is simply brilliant. All the supporting players are excellent, as well. And it's extremely well-written. Just a brilliant film all-around.

Oddly enough, I only got turned onto it after watching the English clip of Alizée's Amelie the other night when I was bored and browsing vids I hadn't seen yet here on AAm. So very glad it piqued my curiousity. Thanks Brad!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:41 AM
lililover

lilly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee=Czech-Princess! View Post
Just ordered a copy!
I hope its as good as people say, and I hope the subtitles don't take away any of the emotion
No, it won't.Don't worry. Subtitled is way better.Also, in this particular movie, Amelie doesn't talk too much, all emotions are conveyed thru her face.
The cinematography is one of the best I've ever seen.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:41 PM

Vista is on a distinguished road
Default Amélie Links

I too enjoy Amélie.

Outtakes - Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

Trailer (Eng) - Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (Movie in 13 parts)

Alizée - Amelie (Amélie m'a dit - English version)

Last edited by Vista; 12-07-2008 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: Added Amélie m'a dit by Alizée.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think a better description of the movie is when she's in her bathroom and she drops the the top of a bottle onto the floor and it rolls over and knocks a tile loose from beneath the tub. Underneath the tub, she finds a small tin box, which holds some toys or should I say relics that must have belonged to a young boy who used to live in that apartment. She then spends a lot of her time, trying to find out who was the boy was and trying to figure out how she can get these things back to him. It takes her a while to figure out who it was and she puts the tin box in a phone booth and places a call there just as he is walking by ( He must be about 60 years old, at least at this point). He goes in to answer the phone and is overcome with emotions when he finds his long lost treasures. She gets so much enjoyment out of this that she decides to devote her life to helping out other people. The blind man crossing the street, the woman who had lost her husband during the war, the patrons who frequent the restaurant where she works.

She falls in love with the gentleman she sees trying to scrape things from underneath the photo booth. At first I thought he was looking for money. Didn't realize til later he was looking for photographs that had been torn up. It's a little bit confusing.

It was made in 2001 and won several awards. The actresses name was Audrey Tautou.
I thought it was a very good movie.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

Barrett your signature looks violent o_o;
Old 12-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idéaliser View Post
Barrett your signature looks violent o_o;
Hehe, I forgot I posted in this thread, for a moment you made me go: "Where in the hell did he see my signature here?"